A legal issue that should seriously worry Trump.....

Trump is a self serving criminal. He will get his due punishment,

I'm sure that the MAIN reason as to the why Trump wants to be re-elected, was to bear out the clock on the statute of limitation for his crimes.....A sealed indictment puts a major hole in that cute, little wish.....lol

The above moron's "contributions" to this forum.......Waste of space.....lol

Let's get that monthly psych eval scheduled for you. Its almost the end of the year. Its hard to believe it has been 6 years now at the ward huh? Lol.

Good trolling for attention LordyBrownNose.......but, again, thanks for the bump of this important thread.......lol

Important. Lol.

Well the writer of the article sounds very impressive, check it out. Trump is a self serving criminal. He will get his due punishment, he has been taking advantage of Americans forever, and now its hell to know my tax dollar is buying his sh-t paper.

Your tax dollars were already paying for endless wars, worthless foreign and domestic polices under bush and O. That boat sailed long ago.

There are TWO sub-issue currently in Trump's favor (not necessarily on the ethical arena, buy in the legal one.)

First, the "opinion" from the DOJ that a sitting president cannot be indicted...and

Second, that most of the Trump's "misdeeds" may escape prosecution given the various statutes of limitation that prescribe a time-limit for charges to be filed......

HOWEVER, the problem for Trump may arise if he is currently under a sealed-indictment that is revealed at a later date. That would then supplant or supersede the sealing date and would start the time limitation statute ONLY after the sealed indictment is revealed.

In other words, the years' length prescribed in the limitation statute may begin only when the indictment is UNsealed.....

Not good news for the Trump family.....
Fake news.

Well the writer of the article sounds very impressive, check it out. Trump is a self serving criminal. He will get his due punishment, he has been taking advantage of Americans forever, and now its hell to know my tax dollar is buying his sh-t paper.

Your tax dollars were already paying for endless wars, worthless foreign and domestic polices under bush and O. That boat sailed long ago.

Yes I'm sure of that, but I do not want them to feed or go to sh-t paper for Trump unless he is in jail.

Damn, you're just not very smart. An indictment stops the clock on the statute of limitations. A statute of limitation requires a charge be brought before the statute runs.

Some day, idiots like you may actually apologize for your ignorance...

Prosecutors' best move: Charge Trump and seal the indictment - CNN

From Penelope's above citation.........

[A] third reason [for a sealed indictment] could be a factor: when the statute of limitations might expire before the suspect can be arraigned on the indictment.

Mueller and the New York Southern District prosecutors are bound by a Justice Department policy against indicting a sitting president.

Even if the president does not run for reelection, the five-year statute of limitations might expire on presidential criminal activities that reach back to 2015 by the time he leaves office. That could include planning the "catch and kill' operation used on McDougal.

These timing details are known only by prosecutors and those under investigation.
The issuance and sealing of the indictment would "toll" the statute from expiring. The issuance of the indictment stops the clock, and the sealing may prevent evidence destruction or witness tampering until the case can be tried. A viable prosecution would be possible even if circumstances such as the president's reelection in 2020 prevent a prosecution until 2025.

Damn, seems I heard that somewhere before. LMAO

Forum List

Back