A home builder academy, now we're talking!

You don't really need training of weeks to swing a hammer, run power tools & read a tape measure.
All you need is the physical aptitude and high school level math skills. The rest of it is easily learned on the job.
Being in the business myself I see that about 70% or more of the applicants lack motivation & basic math & geometry skills.

More of these academies need to be opened all across the country. How about in the inner cities too? This makes total sense.
Graduates complete the training in a matter of weeks and often find jobs immediately between 16 and 20 bucks an hour.
http://www.builderonline.com/buildi...dustry-leaders-launch-home-building-academy_o
Now all you have to do is find someone who is willing to teach for nothing because education should be FREE? Why should people be paid 16 to 20 dollars for building houses that people NEED? It is a Constitutional right that people should have FREE housing right?

You don't really need training of weeks to swing a hammer, run power tools & read a tape measure.
All you need is the physical aptitude and high school level math skills. The rest of it is easily learned on the job.
Being in the business myself I see that about 70% or more of the applicants lack motivation & basic math & geometry skills.
People who crossed the borders illegally huh?

People who crossed the borders illegally huh?
Nope, go fuck yourself.

If you can't speak PERFECT English & show up with your pants on properly you need not apply. If you got nose rings or African ear holes or tattoos above your neck you can fuck off.

I hire American. Period

More of these academies need to be opened all across the country. How about in the inner cities too? This makes total sense.
Graduates complete the training in a matter of weeks and often find jobs immediately between 16 and 20 bucks an hour.
http://www.builderonline.com/buildi...dustry-leaders-launch-home-building-academy_o
Now all you have to do is find someone who is willing to teach for nothing because education should be FREE? Why should people be paid 16 to 20 dollars for building houses that people NEED? It is a Constitutional right that people should have FREE housing right?

Hey, that’s a great point! In fact, people have 3 basic needs: food, clothing and shelter. All those things should be supplied by the government to every citizen. But you know liberals, they’ll claim that men need sex too, so they’ll want a prostitution credit for all males without ED.

No, no and no. I'm a Conservative and believe if someone opens a training academy to help people learn marketable skills he should be paid and the students should pay for the training. I certainly don't believe in free housing. Try barking up another tree, you've got the wrong one.

I agree with all that. I believe the value in this sort of training academy is that it gives the employer confidence that he is not wasting his time and money hiring an incompetent or unmotivated person. If a person is willing to pay his money to be trained, then the employer feels better about hiring an otherwise inexperienced person.

Forum List

Back