A history lesson for those who don't know the KKK

The origins of the KKK were young men who banded together to protect their families from the predations of the yankee carpetbaggers and southern scalawags who were stealing everything they could get their hands on.

The KKK really didn't start attacking blacks until the northerners started using the black vote to keep southerners out of the political process. See election of 2012 in Philadelphia as to how it worked.

ALL Lies. ^^

The KKK was a Bandit organization started in 1865 hellbent on keeping the newly freed Slaves in check after Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863 (just 2 years after). They wore hoods to protect their faces because 99% of them are well-known local officials in the towns they operated in such at Mayors, Sherrifs, Preachers and Doctors.

Their formation had absolutely jackshit to do with voting and everything to do with killing Black people for fun. THAT was their only purpose. And they STILL do it today (ie - James Byrd and James Anderson)

The KKK was NEVER a fucking Political Party.

Klan-in-gainesville.jpg
Thats one Klan. How can you leave out Nathan B Forrest? He was the originator of the Klan for Pete's sake!

A closer look at your history may prove enlightening to you.

AND...

After all this caterwauling about the KKK the fact remains that they amount to about 5,000 Neanderthal racists who don't get any traction with ANYONE.

Stop buying the swill Morris Dees and the rest of the race pimps are peddling, you're only making them RICHER.

KKK was made up of our nations conservatives upset that the status quo was being upset

Own it

To understand the perspective here, think of the South overrun with Blacks who were not fully educated and suddenly freed with no way set up to fend for themselves. Of course the property owners are going to form their own militia's to try to enforce law and order, out of fear of looting and lawlessness. What started as a means of organizing people to go hunting down criminals turned into lynch mobs. Similar happened with Hitler after Germany was left in shambles; with mobs and crime running wild in the streets, the people living in fear turned to whatever leaders brought semblance of order, using strong-armed methods.

It was a desperate attempt to reinforce the social order that they had happily benefitted from for 150 years.

ALL Lies. ^^

The KKK was a Bandit organization started in 1865 hellbent on keeping the newly freed Slaves in check after Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863 (just 2 years after). They wore hoods to protect their faces because 99% of them are well-known local officials in the towns they operated in such at Mayors, Sherrifs, Preachers and Doctors.

Their formation had absolutely jackshit to do with voting and everything to do with killing Black people for fun. THAT was their only purpose. And they STILL do it today (ie - James Byrd and James Anderson)

Klan-in-gainesville.jpg
Thats one Klan. How can you leave out Nathan B Forrest? He was the originator of the Klan for Pete's sake!

AND...

After all this caterwauling about the KKK the fact remains that they amount to about 5,000 Neanderthal racists who don't get any traction with ANYONE.

Stop buying the swill Morris Dees and the rest of the race pimps are peddling, you're only making them RICHER.

5,000? HA!

Don't fooled, the KKK has members in it as deep as the White House. They ain't your country redneck backwoods outfit anymore. way more sofisticated and educated rednecks.
ie- David Duke.

you say 5,000, I say more like 500,000

ALL Lies. ^^

The KKK was a Bandit organization started in 1865 hellbent on keeping the newly freed Slaves in check after Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863 (just 2 years after). They Iwore hoods to protect their faces because 99% of them are well-known local officials in the towns they operated in such at Mayors, Sherrifs, Preachers and Doctors.

Klan-in-gainesville.jpg

AND...

I'm not white, if that's what you were thinking. I do read my history. How do you know one way or the other? You lived back then and were in the room when they all decided to kill us for fun? Some document proving this? Nathan B Forrest started the Klan according to most historians, so I think I'm fine with the history I know about them through them. I'm always open to more info though, I always cross reference and fact check, so if its revisionist crap that is written to save face for the Dems hand in their formation like it seems you're doing.... I won't fall for it. Too much proof to the contrary at this point in time.

That is an interesting premise, Emily.

Let's see the evidence of massive black crime loose in the South. Telling a former master to STFU is not a criminal offense.

The mobs and criminals running amok were exactly who? Need some evidence here.

The origins of the KKK were young men who banded together to protect their families from the predations of the yankee carpetbaggers and southern scalawags who were stealing everything they could get their hands on.

The KKK really didn't start attacking blacks until the northerners started using the black vote to keep southerners out of the political process. See election of 2012 in Philadelphia as to how it worked.

Dear Jake and Katzndogz:
Thanks for your messages.
If it was more how Katzndogz described it, that the crimes were committed by others preying on the South after the War, the main point I was making is the "FEAR of lawlessness" people had is what gave rise and power to these groups. I am not denying this fear was unfairly projected onto Blacks because of race. I agree with Katzndogz, it started as a way to organize locals to protect against crime. I didn't know the added details that Katzndogz clarified, which makes sense. Thanks for that!

P.S. Given that the Black vote has been exploited for so long, without helping to fully break the cycle of poverty and abuse that sends so many more young men to prison than to college (while the parties are now wooing the Latino vote), what I really hope to see come out of the GOP reorganizing is to bring together both conservative AND liberal Black leaders and community to work together, as well as with Latino communities, to stop this class war from dividing ethnic communities needing to work on solutions without politics in the way.

Same with taking advantage of women's issues and votes; instead of scare tactics to compel people to vote for or against a person or party, the focus should be to bring together women from all parties to represent solutions and platforms everyone agrees on. There is no reason to "attack" anyone for stating their views. If policies affecting women are addressed with equal input from all parties in solving conflicts, then no single party or candidate can claim credit for solutions, or project blame for equally different opinons, just to get votes. Once an agreement is reached, per issue or state, these joint commissions can offer their recommendations to lawmakers regarding policy reforms, so everyone shares credit.

AND...

5,000? HA!

Don't fooled, the KKK has members in it as deep as the White House. They ain't your country redneck backwoods outfit anymore. way more sofisticated and educated rednecks.
ie- David Duke.

Then you're disputing the ADL, not me...

That is an interesting premise, Emily.

Let's see the evidence of massive black crime loose in the South. Telling a former master to STFU is not a criminal offense.

The mobs and criminals running amok were exactly who? Need some evidence here.

u

Dear Jake and Katzndogz:
Thanks for your messages.
If it was more how Katzndogz described it, that the crimes were committed by others preying on the South after the War, the main point I was making is the "FEAR of lawlessness" people had is what gave rise and power to these groups. I am not denying this fear was unfairly projected onto Blacks because of race. I agree with Katzndogz, it started as a way to organize locals to protect against crime. I didn't know the added details that Katzndogz clarified, which makes sense. Thanks for that!

P.S. Given that the Black vote has been exploited for so long, without helping to fully break the cycle of poverty and abuse that sends so many more young men to prison than to college (while the parties are now wooing the Latino vote), what I really hope to see come out of the GOP reorganizing is to bring together both conservative AND liberal Black leaders and community to work together, as well as with Latino communities, to stop this class war from dividing ethnic communities needing to work on solutions without politics in the way.

Same with taking advantage of women's issues and votes; instead of scare tactics to compel people to vote for or against a person or party, the focus should be to bring together women from all parties to represent solutions and platforms everyone agrees on. There is no reason to "attack" anyone for stating their views. If policies affecting women are addressed with equal input from all parties in solving conflicts, then no single party or candidate can claim credit for solutions, or project blame for equally different opinons, just to get votes. Once an agreement is reached, per issue or state, these joint commissions can offer their recommendations to lawmakers regarding policy reforms, so everyone shares credit.

Another interesting piece of information the media eems reluctant to report is that a very liberal yet trusted poll found that Romney got 20% of the black vote. Actually Obama got 76%, still insane in my opinion to vote so, I dont know the Word at the moment, lets try monolithically on though. But this cannot be good news to the left, no matter how you slice it.

AND...

I'm not white, if that's what you were thinking. I do read my history. How do you know one way or the other? You lived back then and were in the room when they all decided to kill us for fun? Some document proving this? Nathan B Forrest started the Klan according to most historians, so I think I'm fine with the history I know about them through them. I'm always open to more info though, I always cross reference and fact check, so if its revisionist crap that is written to save face for the Dems hand in their formation like it seems you're doing.... I won't fall for it. Too much proof to the contrary at this point in time.

There is a 60+ page thread on these boards with cites that you can search and find, I've got to go right now. I'll see if I can find it when I get back.

AND...

5,000? HA!

ie- David Duke.

Then you're disputing the ADL, not me...

the ADL is a Jewish espionage front. they ain't happy unless their numbers are higher than everybody elses....lol

AND...

There is a 60+ page thread on these boards with cites that you can search and find, I've got to go right now. I'll see if I can find it when I get back.
Appreciate that!

KKK was made up of our nations conservatives upset that the status quo was being upset

Own it

To understand the perspective here, think of the South overrun with Blacks who were not fully educated and suddenly freed with no way set up to fend for themselves. Of course the property owners are going to form their own militia's to try to enforce law and order, out of fear of looting and lawlessness. What started as a means of organizing people to go hunting down criminals turned into lynch mobs. Similar happened with Hitler after Germany was left in shambles; with mobs and crime running wild in the streets, the people living in fear turned to whatever leaders brought semblance of order, using strong-armed methods.

It was a desperate attempt to reinforce the social order that they had happily benefitted from for 150 years.

who lived for 150 years?
link?

Appreciate that!

Found it!!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/241153-nathan-bedford-forrest-statue-causing-controversy.html

It's 74 pages so there's lots to read, but much of the thread is cited through the official records of the Civil War and the testimony of those who were there.

Thank Christ. These people don't understand that things have changed. First off the kkk endorces the republican party. The reason they do is because the republican party platform represents them best. And I don't I've a shit what democrat was a kkk leader, it wa 60 years ago. If your trying to also say the NRA supports the democrats you truly need to go home.

Anti gay
Gun rights
State rights
Anti immigration
Repeal Obama care
Promotes " white" families
Thinks aids is a problem of black and gay people
A flat tax rate as well as lower tax rates
Right to work, anti union
Anti abortion
Abolish all anti gun laws

Do I really need to continue?
It's a troll thread also used to recruit White racists to the cause. :eusa_shhh:

:eusa_clap:

in your case it worked

It's weird how no matter what accusation you throw at the right wing, they'll turn around and try to blame it on the left. Irregardless of anything and no matter what. Their party has been stained with the fact that it's racist. So now they're trying to bring up irrelevant history from over 150 years ago. It's pretty hilarious actually that they don't have an actual defense.

and your party isn't racist?

who supports institutionalized racism?

Yes and over time the parties have switched, I know this hard for you to follow. I. Can't sit back and have someone post this implying the kkk is and ever was a tool of the left. The kkk was allied with the democrats who in the lbj era were conservative. The kkk now aligns it self with the republican party, they are a conseritive way right leaning Christian group. Please please at least have half a brain when posting shit

Do you make up history as you go or do you just get it off the dailykos. Being as you brought it up, the KKK is a produce of the Democrat party, the same party that did put "y'all" in chains.

Own it

Now hold on there a minute, was the whole of the succession caused by progressives? Come on now you can't have it both ways even though you want it that way.

Please becki or freewill, challenge me on this, please I have waited awhile to make you guys look like fools, here is my golden chance.

Challenge you on what? That the democrat party was not and is not the party of slavery? Nothing has changed that fact. If you want to get into a war of wits I suggest you get some ammo.

Forum List

Back