A ‘head scratcher’ – No Atlantic Hurricane by August in First Time in 11 Years

Says the man with all the guns. Just out of curiosity, what are the actual dimensions of your reproductive apparati?

Oooh, look -- yet another progressive who projects his own inadequacies. :lol:

I'm not the one proffering phalli on each and every post

Those of you trying your best to suggest that global warming will have no effect on weather: can you explain whence comes the energy that powers our weather? What is it that makes the winds blow? Is it grape soda? Is it the stars at night? Is it the anger of angry men? The flapping of the birds' wings? What IS it?

I'll give you a hint: It's NOT CO2.

It's the sun. Perhaps you've heard of it.

Okay, good. Now how does that sun actually do that? Does the light strike air molecules and make them move like balls on a pool table? Does the air fear the light and run away from it? Does the air seek the light and move towards it? What are the actual mechanisms or processes by which the sun powers our weather?

I'll give you a wee hint. HEAT. The sun heats the atmosphere, the land and the sea. The amount of heat energy varies by area primarily due to differences in albedo and transmissivity (read "clouds" and depth of atmosphere (from different aspect or grazing angles)). It is the differences in absorbed heat energy that drive our weather.

Now, what happens if we trap more of that energy Dave?

Oh oh oh. Teacher I know !!!!

Go grab a graph of Atlantic hurricanes versus the AMO.. It'll show you what a 0.5degC warmer ocean means to storms...

If 0.5deg of warming in your lifetime meant death and destruction -- there would be nothing but piles of rubbles in every Gulf Coast state in America..

HEAT is not sufficient to form or intensify weather. A 4th grader should know that. Having a climate scientist like Hansen suggest that shifting the mean temperature IS sufficient cause to aggravate the extremes of weather is just AGW public relations campaign..

Last edited:
Abraham took a pass on my observation about "warmer air aloft" being a hurricane killer..

But that is one of the primary reasons why this 2013 season is a bust so far..

Dry and Warm is Nice for Most, But Not Hurricanes : Precision Doppler

Many things need to go right in the tropics for hurricanes to form, and one thing that has been disrupting hurricane formation for any storms coming off the African coast is something called the Saharan Air Layer (SAL). The SAL is a layer of warm and dry air that is found a few thousand to upwards of 20,000 feet above sea level. It is formed by warm, dry air, often filled with dust or sand, which moves west from the Saharan Desert over the ocean. Once it reaches the ocean, it rises above the relatively cooler marine layer of air just above the surface of the ocean.

The formation of a SAL is a major detriment to hurricane formation for three main reasons. The first is that is reduced the amount of instability in the atmosphere – something that is necessary for thunderstorm formation. This is because the SAL allows for warmer air aloft. Thunderstorms need cool air aloft so warmer air from the surface can continue to rise. A hurricane won’t form or stay together without thunderstorms, so if a SAL is interfering with thunderstorm formation over the Atlantic Ocean, it will also be interfering with hurricane formation.

STORM formation is an excersize in thermal DIFFERENCES.. NOT simply more brownian motion..
And THERMAL is only ONE of several prequisites.... Only badly educated children might fall for the simplistic "EXTREME Climate Change" gambit that Hansen crapped out...

I've lived in southern Florida for the last 35 years and the number one factor the weather folks look at every year in trying to guess how bad the season or any particular storm will be is the Sea Surface Temperature.

No one ever said half a degree meant death and destruction. But it does mean more energy for storms and that means more intense storms, on average. When it get to plus 2, 3 or 4C, that'll probably become a little more obvious.

Says the man with all the guns. Just out of curiosity, what are the actual dimensions of your reproductive apparati?

Oooh, look -- yet another progressive who projects his own inadequacies. :lol:

I'm not the one proffering phalli on each and every post
Yes, you are -- because you're a dick.
Those of you trying your best to suggest that global warming will have no effect on weather: can you explain whence comes the energy that powers our weather? What is it that makes the winds blow? Is it grape soda? Is it the stars at night? Is it the anger of angry men? The flapping of the birds' wings? What IS it?

I'll give you a hint: It's NOT CO2.

It's the sun. Perhaps you've heard of it.

Okay, good. Now how does that sun actually do that? Does the light strike air molecules and make them move like balls on a pool table? Does the air fear the light and run away from it? Does the air seek the light and move towards it? What are the actual mechanisms or processes by which the sun powers our weather?

I'll give you a wee hint. HEAT. The sun heats the atmosphere, the land and the sea. The amount of heat energy varies by area primarily due to differences in albedo and transmissivity (read "clouds" and depth of atmosphere (from different aspect or grazing angles)). It is the differences in absorbed heat energy that drive our weather.

Now, what happens if we trap more of that energy Dave?
You lack the horsepower to talk down to me, son. "Being a liberal" isn't something to put on your resume as an accomplishment. It doesn't confer expertise in anything, nor does it give your opinions greater weight than those of others.

You have to actually DO something to merit the level of arrogance you display. And until you actually DO something, you're going to be mocked for being a self-important prick.

I know I've gutted your CV, but really, it's for your own good.

But it's interesting you agree the sun has something to do with climate -- because your cult says it doesn't:

BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | 'No Sun link' to climate change

That's an astoundingly stupid position, isn't it? But then, you can't tax sunlight, can you?

I've lived in southern Florida for the last 35 years and the number one factor the weather folks look at every year in trying to guess how bad the season or any particular storm will be is the Sea Surface Temperature.

No one ever said half a degree meant death and destruction. But it does mean more energy for storms and that means more intense storms, on average. When it get to plus 2, 3 or 4C, that'll probably become a little more obvious.

And if there's less energy for storms, there will be fewer storms.

No Atlantic Hurricane by August in First Time in 11 Years - Bloomberg

You cultists claim all this energy which isn't showing up in the atmosphere is going into the oceans. But the oceans aren't cooperating by spawning powerful hurricanes.

We are right in the middle of PEAK AMO.. The Atlantic historically is 0.3 or 0.4degC warmer than it's average right now.. We are also in a very favorable MJO where there should be HIGH instability in the Caribbean. So --- there's your .35degC.. Whatdoya see ???

There is only minor correlation between AMO and hurricane intensity.. And whatever correlation shows up --- is not controlled for other factors. There are plenty of seasons where NOTHING THE AMO can muster will create intensified storms..

They said that in late 2005 after the 2004 anomaly and Katrina. How has that worked out since then?

I live in FL, did 2004 and they. don't. know. shit. Want the weather? Look out the window. They can't even get that let alone H words ( still in season...shhh)

Oh.Noeesssssss!!111!!!!!!!!!

Climate Chaos Strikes Again.

Clearly, the Climate Gods are messing with us by Laying Low.

X's her by millions of years and you get ego morons trying to ride her.

At least it's entertainment.

Forum List

Back