"A free thinker is Satan's slave"

Only hardcore moralist parents forbid their underage children alcohol?

Interesting take.

That's not what I said.

I'm talking about the ones who shelter their kids and ignore reality.

And these "reality" parents.... the ones that say "if" you are going to have sex, you should use protection (girl: put her on the pill). Why not tell them that they do not have to have sex to be an awesome person? Why not tell them that if they have sex, the consequences can be STDs, pregnancy (are you ready to be a parent, no, then don't have sex), or even death? Why not explain to them that they can wait until "they" are ready with the appropriate person, the appropriate place, and the appropriate time? Sex can be a very beautiful gift to someone you love or it can be an ugly act of subjugation. Why not teach children that they "can" wait? Why not teach them that they are not missing anything by enjoying childhood until they are ready to take on the responsibilities of adulthood?

1.) Never heard anyone, especially teachers in health class or parents talking to their teenage child, say having sex makes you an awesome person. More hysterical diatribe.

2.) Those conseqeuences are already said, repeatedly.

3.) Children are already taught they can and should wait.

What do hardcore social conservatives think takes place in sex ed classes? All out orgies?

That's not what I said.

I'm talking about the ones who shelter their kids and ignore reality.

And these "reality" parents.... the ones that say "if" you are going to have sex, you should use protection (girl: put her on the pill). Why not tell them that they do not have to have sex to be an awesome person? Why not tell them that if they have sex, the consequences can be STDs, pregnancy (are you ready to be a parent, no, then don't have sex), or even death? Why not explain to them that they can wait until "they" are ready with the appropriate person, the appropriate place, and the appropriate time? Sex can be a very beautiful gift to someone you love or it can be an ugly act of subjugation. Why not teach children that they "can" wait? Why not teach them that they are not missing anything by enjoying childhood until they are ready to take on the responsibilities of adulthood?

1.) Never heard anyone, especially teachers in health class or parents talking to their teenage child, say having sex makes you an awesome person. More hysterical diatribe.

What do hardcore social conservatives think takes place in sex ed classes? All out orgies?

Handing out or recommending condoms or some sort of birth control is like placing milk out in front of a cat and expecting him not to drink it.

I know what's going on, I just can't believe you are faulting being prepared, rather than human nature.

That should be taught in the home not at school. How is that being prepared ? Having sex is a choice you can choose to not do it or to do it, But by teaching protection is only encouraging sex.

Handing out or recommending condoms or some sort of birth control is like placing milk out in front of a cat and expecting him not to drink it.

False, it's like putting a seatbelt in a car.

People are going to have sex, people are going to ride in cars, safety first.

I know what's going on, I just can't believe you are faulting being prepared, rather than human nature.

That should be taught in the home not at school. How is that being prepared ? Having sex is a choice you can choose to not do it or to do it, But by teaching protection is only encouraging sex.

But it's NOT being taught in the home. Not if you were raised by fundamentalists. "Don't do it, or you'll go to hell" does nothing to protect someone whose brain just shut down on behalf of their hormones.

But it's NOT being taught in the home. Not if you were raised by fundamentalists. "Don't do it, or you'll go to hell" does nothing to protect someone whose brain just shut down on behalf of their hormones.

Doing right is about ethics not the threat of Hell and any Christian or anyone who studies the bible know what hell really is. Those who die all go to the grave which is hell.

I don't have a problem with schools teaching the negative effects from sex but don't condone it by offering protection tips if you decide to do it.

It is taught in our home. My daughter went to prom with a friend and she made it clear to her friend. First slow song he tried kissing her three times on the third time she told him no. She cut the prom early and came home.

Oh the first two times she ducked away from him making it obvious it was not gonna happen.

Last edited:

If young people listen to their conscience they won't do it. If they ignore their conscience they will do it. It comes down to ethics.

Having sex without having children does not save your life bad analogy.

If there was not sexual promiscuity we would not have such sexual diseases adults and kids would need protection from either.

Having sex does not equal promiscuity. How could you not know that.

Having sex does lead to it. If that was not the case how did we get so many sexually transmitted diseases ? It is rare for young people to only have sex with one person once they have it.

If young people listen to their conscience they won't do it. If they ignore their conscience they will do it. It comes down to ethics.

If there was not sexual promiscuity we would not have such sexual diseases adults and kids would need protection from either.

False, because not everyone views premarital sex as wrong or immoral. Actually almost no one does, and most the people who pretend to are hypocrites.

Exactly, and I've never heard a sex ed teacher encourage sex. Never once, that's another nightmare fairy tale social conservatives play in their heads that has nothing to do with reality. They encourage protection for the inevitable which is why my seat belt analogy was a good one if i can pat myself on the back. 99.999999999% of kids will eventually have sex without the intention of having a child or getting an STD, whether that's at age 15, 20, 25 or 50 they should be educated on how to protect themselves. For the naive parents who think their kids are part of the .0000000001%, they should enroll their kids in a fundamentalist school.

False, because not everyone views premarital sex as wrong or immoral. Actually almost no one does, and most the people who pretend to are hypocrites.

Exactly, and I've never heard a sex ed teacher encourage sex. Never once, that's another nightmare fairy tale social conservatives play in their heads that has nothing to do with reality. They encourage protection for the inevitable which is why my seat belt analogy was a good one if i can pat myself on the back. 99.999999999% of kids will eventually have sex without the intention of having a child or getting an STD, whether that's at age 15, 20, 25 or 50 they should be educated on how to protect themselves. For the naive parents who think their kids are part of the .0000000001%, they should enroll their kids in a fundamentalist school.

Yup! That way, when they are sexually active, they can be stood up in front of the entire congregation and made to apologize and repent.

Ask me how I know about that one.

Yup! That way, when they are sexually active, they can be stood up in front of the entire congregation and made to apologize and repent.

Ask me how I know about that one.

How do you know about that one :eusa_angel:?

Ok Doc i'll give you an example I am right. If it was not ethically and or morally wrong to have under age sex then why do most sneak around and or hide it ?

Last edited:

Ok Doc i'll give you an example I am right. If it was not ethically and or morally wrong to have under age sex then why do most sneak around and or hide it ?

I don't tell people at work that I drink every weekend, and I don't think it's wrong (since i dont' drive).

There's no point in telling people something like that. If the wrong person finds out, let's say if the sexually active teens have fundamentalist parents or if I have a judgemental boss somewhere on the ladder, things could work out wrong. Doesn't mean it's immoral.

Forum List

Back