A fair way to end unemployment immediately!

dear, the idea is to demonstrate that the scale of government waste
is so vast as to be enough to hire the entire unemployed population and in effect instantly end this depression!!
When you hire someone, you expect return for your investment in their pay.

Again -- what are you proposing they do to earn their pay?

Or do you just want to give them welfare?

Just welfare then, apparently.

so what?? most government work is tantamount to welfare anyway.
is so vast as to be enough to hire the entire unemployed population and in effect instantly end this depression

When you hire someone, you expect return for your investment in their pay.

Again -- what are you proposing they do to earn their pay?

Or do you just want to give them welfare?

is so vast as to be enough to hire the entire unemployed population and in effect instantly end this depression
Yeah.

Your idea is full of stupid and fail.

Yeah.

of course if it was you would be able to say why. What does your inability tell us about your IQ and character??

Yeah.

of course if it was you would be able to say why. What does your inability tell us about your IQ and character??
Welfare doesn't stimulate the economy.

Okay, I've shown how your idea is full of stupid and fail.

Welfare doesn't stimulate the economy.

if I said it did I'll pay you $10,000. Bet or run away with your liberal strawman between your legs!!
Let's see...you want to give taxpayer money to unemployed people and ask for nothing in return.

Yup. That's welfare, all right.

Meanwhile, if you think I'm a liberal, I suggest you pay more attention. :lol:

we could end unemployment right now buy cutting public employee wages by 60% (since they make double the going wage and work 10% less) and use the money to hire every single unemployed person!!

Don't tell me liberal public employee goons aren't deadly to our economy!!

:lol:

Let's see...you want to give taxpayer money to unemployed people and ask for nothing in return.

dear, the point was to demonstrate that government waste is so vast that we could employ all the unemployed and in effect end this depression, without any additional taxpayer money!!

we could end unemployment right now buy cutting public employee wages by 60% (since they make double the going wage and work 10% less) and use the money to hire every single unemployed person!!

I'm not adverse to curbing the power of the municipal employee unions but what good would it do to give away the money we save to create phony no show government jobs? You sound like the mafia or a fascist.

dear, the point was to demonstrate that government waste is so vast that we could employ all the unemployed and in effect end this depression, without any additional taxpayer money!!
Hint: You don't end depressions by taking from the producers and giving it to the non-producers.

Haven't you been paying attention?

You need to accept that your idea is dumb.

Hint: You don't end depressions by taking from the producers and giving it to the non-producers.

as I said without taking any more tax money you could employ all the unemployed and in effect end this depression!!

[/QUOTE]

as I said without taking any more tax money you could employ all the unemployed and in effect end this depression!!
[/QUOTE]

quadruple-facepalm_o_885270.jpg

I have said this from the start of the depression. We can cut the government wages in half to hire way more than twice as many people, because we are paying the unemployed to sit on their ass & eat, why not a little more to work instead. They can build many things that benefit us all but were not economically feasible for private industry. This could spur more job growth & higher wages. The unemployed are a wasted national resource.

Last edited:

I have said this from the start of the depression. We can cut the government wages in half to hire way more than twice as many people, because we are paying the unemployed to sit on their ass & eat, why not a little more to work instead. They can build many things that benefit us all but were not economically feasible for private industry. This could spur more job growth & higher wages. The unemployed are a wasted national resource.

thats not very liberal of you???

thats not very liberal of you???

Fuck party, I'm tired of carrying everyone Else's load. A country that does not maximize employment is losing the society building race.

Last edited:
Americans believe public workers better paid and more secure (Bingo!)
One sector is doing quite nicely, however, under Barack Hussein Obama.

In the 1,420 days since he took the oath of office, the federal government has daily hired on average 101 new employees. Every day. Seven days a week. All 202 weeks. That makes 143,000 more federal workers than when Obama talked forever on that cold day in January of 2009.

Under Obama the total federal workforce has surpassed two million for the first time since the first Clinton term, now sitting about the 2.2 ,million level.

Now comes a new poll revealing that Americans know what's going on. A majority of Americans believes government workers make more money than private sector workers, according to the new Rasmussen Reports poll. Sixty-one percent of private sector workers believe that.

Surprisingly, Republicans, independents and Democrats are united in agreement that government employees have it better than private sector workers although, predictably, Dems are slightly less sure.

"The federal workforce has become an elite island of secure and high-paid workers, separated from the ocean of average American workers competing in the global economy,"

According to Rasmussen, two out of three Americans are sure that company employees work harder than their lazy lay-about government counterparts. Only five percent think it's the other way around; they may belong to street repair crews (see photo above).

Even a plurality (48%) of government employees admit their private industry counterparts do work harder.

overpaid-federal-workers-chart-2.gif

Did you realize that governments do not, by and large, building anything? They hire private companies to do that.

It is an easy thing to say we need to cut government employees, but exactly what employees are we talking about? Fire, police, teachers, building inspectors, health inspectors, military, the people who pay the private companies and the fire, police etc? What exactly are these unnecessary jobs being done by government employees?

What exactly are these unnecessary jobs being done by government employees?

we didn't say they were unnecessary but that they get double the going pay and work 10% less. So, if you cut their pay in half, made them work a normal work day, you could hire all the unemployed in America and in effect end this depression without any more taxes.
ANd of course then you would not have to pay unemployment comp. either!!

Forum List

Back