A dozen House Republicans voted against Congressional Gold Medals for police who protected them on January 6

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
1616030692271.png

A dozen House Republicans voted against a resolution to award three Congressional Gold Medals, one of the nation’s highest civilian honors, to the Capitol Police, the D.C. police and the Smithsonian Institution in recognition of those who protected the U.S. Capitol when it was attacked Jan. 6.

The GOP lawmakers, who said they objected to the use of the term “insurrectionists” in the resolution, are: Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Thomas Massie (Ky.), Andy Harris (Md.), Lance Gooden (Tex.), Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Louie Gohmert (Tex.), Michael Cloud (Tex.), Andrew S. Clyde (Ga.), Greg Steube (Fla.), Bob Good (Va.) and John Rose (Tenn.).

The House’s resolution, which passed 413 to 12, recognizes all Capitol Police and other law enforcement officers.

What is wrong with these people? At least it passed 413 to 12.

View attachment 469010

A dozen House Republicans voted against a resolution to award three Congressional Gold Medals, one of the nation’s highest civilian honors, to the Capitol Police, the D.C. police and the Smithsonian Institution in recognition of those who protected the U.S. Capitol when it was attacked Jan. 6.

The GOP lawmakers, who said they objected to the use of the term “insurrectionists” in the resolution, are: Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Thomas Massie (Ky.), Andy Harris (Md.), Lance Gooden (Tex.), Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Louie Gohmert (Tex.), Michael Cloud (Tex.), Andrew S. Clyde (Ga.), Greg Steube (Fla.), Bob Good (Va.) and John Rose (Tenn.).

The House’s resolution, which passed 413 to 12, recognizes all Capitol Police and other law enforcement officers.

What is wrong with these people?

What the matter with Republicans who voted FOR this matter. The GOP was blamed for the 6 January Brouhaha in the Capitol, why would they vote to put this event in the spotlight at all.

The police officers got paid for their work, why didn't they stop the ruckus before it got out of hand?

View attachment 469010

I disagree with you. A lot of these alleged guards were cowards: I saw the whole long Youtube of that black guard who cravenly fled up stairs after stairs after stairs away from the people coming in, until all I could think was, how many stories does this building HAVE?? The guy was totally worthless and should be fired; I assume he was, and hope so. No, a lot of these useless "defenders" were worth nothing and should certainly not be "recognized" ------- they should be fired.

Nothing is wrong with them insofar as they know their voting base and they want to win in 2 years.

Everything is wrong with them insofar as moral and mental capabilities.

The police officers got paid for their work, why didn't they stop the ruckus before it got out of hand?
Answer: because a lot of them were total cowards. NO congressional recognition for people who very obviously did NOT do their jobs!!

View attachment 469010

I disagree with you. A lot of these alleged guards were cowards: I saw the whole long Youtube of that black guard who cravenly fled up stairs after stairs after stairs away from the people coming in, until all I could think was, how many stories does this building HAVE?? The guy was totally worthless and should be fired; I assume he was, and hope so. No, a lot of these useless "defenders" were worth nothing and should certainly not be "recognized" ------- they should be fired.
He got a commendation, I think, for drawing the crowd away from the senate door; there were still people in the chamber. As you undoubtedly know. That's a mighty twisted way of presenting what happened.

View attachment 469010

You mean the black guy who was honored for leading the domestic terrorists away from Congress members? His name is Eugene Goodman.

Capitol Police Officer Led Mob Away From Senate Chamber

View attachment 469010

He got a commendation, I think, for drawing the crowd away from the senate door; there were still people in the chamber. As you undoubtedly know. That's a mighty twisted way of presenting what happened.
Can't agree: I watched twice this coward flee up the steps, and up the steps, and up the steps ---- I was astonished and shocked at the degree of cowardice filmed. And now they are trying to say that was heroism?

Ha. He's a worthless nothing.

Uh so you're going to award these Capitol police with Congressional Gold Medals, the D.C. police for protecting the U.S. Capitol when in fact, they had been warned two days prior, but were unprepared?

----

The Capitol Police knew in advance that the attackers planned to be armed, according to the testimony.

“By January 4th, the Department knew that the January 6th event would not be like any of the previous protests held in 2020,” read Pittman’s testimony. “We knew that militia groups and white supremacists organizations would be attending. We also knew that some of these participants were intending to bring firearms and other weapons to the event. We knew that there was a strong potential for violence and that Congress was the target.”

Following the closed-door briefing, House Appropriations Committee Chair Rep. Rosa DeLauro said in a statement that the attack was preventable.

“The law enforcement agencies tasked with protecting the Capitol did not act on this intelligence or adequately prepare for the looming threat,” DeLauro said. “There were also profoundly troubling lapses in coordination, particularly as it relates to the deployment of the National Guard, which prevented a speedy response once the threat materialized.”
Why should they even deserve this such an award? I bet you can't even answer that simple question. Can you?

View attachment 469010

You mean the black guy who was honored for leading the domestic terrorists away from Congress members? His name is Eugene Goodman.

There were no "domestic terrorists" involved here. It was, at the worst, an Unarmed Insurrection that was mostly peaceful.

No innocents were targeted, it was a hard target where unarmed people took an action against a highly fortified Deep State position.

Labeling this as "terrorism" is just untrue.

There were no "domestic terrorists" involved here. It was, at the worst, an Unarmed Insurrection that was mostly peaceful.

No innocents were targeted, it was a hard target where unarmed people took an action against a highly fortified Deep State position.

What, you think a lot of country Americans waving flags and singing songs isn't really an insurrection? Wow, the Left sure have built this up out of all recognition.

View attachment 469010

The were armed domestic terrorists engaged in an insurrection to overturn a lawful presidential election. Your Ron Johnson bullshit spin won't fly...

View attachment 469010

Is he the guy who fled, obviously terrified, stair flight after stair flight, up and up and up? Never standing his ground, never asserting authority of any kind? If so, they are recognizing him only because he's black. I guess it's supposed to be a wonderful thing to be a BLACK coward.

I don't know what the name of that coward is, but if it's Eugene Goodman, he's definitely NoGoodman.

View attachment 469010

Is he the guy who fled, obviously terrified, stair flight after stair flight, up and up and up? Never standing his ground, never asserting authority of any kind? If so, they are recognizing him only because he's black. I guess it's supposed to be a wonderful thing to be a BLACK coward.

I don't know what the name of that coward is, but if it's Eugene Goodman, he's definitely NoGoodman.

Damn, are you trolling or really that stupid? He was honored for his bravery.

1616032922047.png

Officer who lured Capitol rioters away applauded at inauguration

Uh so you're going to award these Capitol police with Congressional Gold Medals, the D.C. police for protecting the U.S. Capitol when in fact, they had been warned two days prior, but were unprepared?

Why not? We give Rush Limbaugh medals, so I mean. BTW, there's the door, don't let it hit you on way out.

Forum List

Back