A disgusting act

No, you're not.

I heard about this on the radio the other day (and they even played his call bragging about it), I laughed my ass off.

A dick move, sure. But worthy of hard time? I mean shit, it's not like they were pitbulls. :lol:
It's not just the trees, it's the dosage of the chemicals he used. There are serious penalties for environmental terrorism.

I know they'll go after him for illegal chemical dumping, but everything I've read says that it poses no health risks so I can't imagine thats worth hard time either.

No health risks to humans, mani. If they do not excavate that soil, they'll never be able to replant in it...and the excavated soil will have to be disposed of as chemical waste.

He will do time, and probably a good bit. My bet is 5 years or more.

$80,000 has been raised to replace the trees and clean up the damage. $40,000 of that has come from Tide for Toomers via facebook, the remainder raised through AU.

And while they are trees, they are more than trees. They are a symbol to Auburn fans, an icon. They were State property as well, so the guy is screwed. He thought he would be a hero and drive the schools apart, but he has become a villain, united the fanbases, and the schools have drawn closer together.

It's not just the trees, it's the dosage of the chemicals he used. There are serious penalties for environmental terrorism.

I know they'll go after him for illegal chemical dumping, but everything I've read says that it poses no health risks so I can't imagine thats worth hard time either.

No health risks to humans, mani. If they do not excavate that soil, they'll never be able to replant in it...and the excavated soil will have to be disposed of as chemical waste.

The chemical will eventually disappear, but over a period of 8-10 years. And it is not toxic to humans.

I expect Auburn will remove and replace the soil, and replant the trees quickly, because the AU fans are going to roll the first thing they find near that corner the next time Auburn wins.

And who should pay for all that? Take the guys house

Of course....he rents.

He listed a car and a chainsaw as his possessions?

A car and something inconsequential, I remember.

And that was evident in your post?

Try to think before your knee jerks.

On any wood stove the gases and residue of combustion rise up the chimney. So even if you put a pot on top to cook in the herbicide that killed the tree is a non issue.

Have you ever seen a wood stove?
I wouldn't be so sure, and I certainly wouldn't risk my health or my family's health or even my barn animal's health just for some free wood.

So you don't know how a wood stove works. Just admit it it's OK.

Of course....he rents.

He listed a car and a chainsaw as his possessions?

A car and something inconsequential, I remember.

LOL.....I should have known

How about a million hours of community service?

We're just going to send this guy to hang with Tyrone and the Posse for a few years.

Ironically, he's actually done more to calm the rivalry than inflame it. I haven't seen these two fanbases this close since the death of Shug Jordan.

I have been saying for a long time that bama and auburn needed to stop playing one another.
People not in the state have no clue just how nasty the rivalry is.

Totally absurd. I heard he could get up to 2 years.

I think people understand because it isn't just there. Just about every school has just as heated of a rivalry. I have a sister-in-law who is an Oklahoma Sooners fan and she HATES Oklahoma State and Texas. When I say hate, I mean hate.

The fact that my son who is a senior picked OSU over OU has been a bitter pill for her to swallow. She has never been to college and her whole perception of college is football teams. She doesn't realize that OSU has a better engineering program than OU....plus OSU offered my son a larger scholarship than OU did. None of it matters to her, she is a Sooners fan and that is all that matters.

Last edited:

I'm not saying don't fine him up the ass.

I'm saying I don't think it's worth hard time. A couple years probation fits the crime IMO.

No, you're not.

I heard about this on the radio the other day (and they even played his call bragging about it), I laughed my ass off.

A dick move, sure. But worthy of hard time? I mean shit, it's not like they were pitbulls. :lol:

It's the act, not the results.

The chemical will eventually disappear, but over a period of 8-10 years. And it is not toxic to humans.

I expect Auburn will remove and replace the soil, and replant the trees quickly, because the AU fans are going to roll the first thing they find near that corner the next time Auburn wins.

Hopefully, it won't happen against Alabama for a generation.
flower.gif

Try to think before your knee jerks.

On any wood stove the gases and residue of combustion rise up the chimney. So even if you put a pot on top to cook in the herbicide that killed the tree is a non issue.

Have you ever seen a wood stove?
I wouldn't be so sure, and I certainly wouldn't risk my health or my family's health or even my barn animal's health just for some free wood.

So you don't know how a wood stove works. Just admit it it's OK.
I don't accept at face value your statement that there is no danger from the chemicals, no.

I have been saying for a long time that bama and auburn needed to stop playing one another.
People not in the state have no clue just how nasty the rivalry is.

Totally absurd. I heard he could get up to 2 years.

I think people understand because it isn't just there. Just about every school has just as heated of a rivalry. I have a sister-in-law who is an Oklahoma Sooners fan and she HATES Oklahoma State and Texas. When I say hate, I mean hate.

The fact that my son who is a senior picked OSU over OU has been a bitter pill for her to swallow. She has never been to college and her whole perception of college is football teams. She doesn't realize that OSU has a better engineering program than OU....plus OSU offered my son a larger scholarship than OU did. None of it matters to her, she is a Sooners fan and that is all that matters.
FSU fans are very fortunate: they get to hate the Gators AND Miami!
59.gif

It's the act, not the results.

Is that why drunk drivers stopped at roadblocks spend the same amount of time in jail as ones that have killed somebody? :lol:

He's going to jail, that is certain.

The only remaining question is for how long and what will the additional charges be.

Consensus here, among fans of BOTH schools, is that he go away for the maximum, whatever that is.

The Killer of the Charter Oak got 9 years.

I'm guessing this guy will get around 5.

Updyke is on his 4th court appointed attorney. No one wants to represent him, and finding a lawyer without a conflict of interest is going to be impossible in this State.

They need to go ahead and move the venue. Simply finding him an attorney is proving to be a real task, and would certainly be an issue at appeal.

Forum List

Back