A Dick smacking reminder...

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I think that the proposition of going to Baghdad is also fallacious. I think if we were going to remove Saddam Hussein we would have had to go all the way to Baghdad, we would have to commit a lot of force because I do not believe he would wait in the Presidential Palace for us to arrive. I think we'd have had to hunt him down. And once we'd done that and we'd gotten rid of Saddam Hussein and his government, then we'd have had to put another government in its place. What kind of government? Should it be a Sunni government or Shi'i government or a Kurdish government or Ba'athist regime? Or maybe we want to bring in some of the Islamic fundamentalists? How long would we have had to stay in Baghdad to keep that government in place? What would happen to the government once U.S. forces withdrew? How many casualties should the United States accept in that effort to try to create clarity and stability in a situation that is inherently unstable? I think it is vitally important for a President to know when to use military force. I think it is also very important for him to know when not to commit U.S. military force. And it's my view that the President got it right both times, that it would have been a mistake for us to get bogged down in the quagmire inside Iraq.
—Cheney at the Washington Institute's Soref Symposium, April 29, 1991

"My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." --March 16, 2003

"I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." -- on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005

• Banned
Amazing how his brain deteriorated between 1991 and 2003.

Or maybe it's that he went to work for Haliburton in 1995.....

No no no! It was 9/11, remember? That changed everything. Enemies of America spent over a decade planning and executing their once in a lifetime coup de grâce, resulting in casualties totalling ~.001% of the US population and that made plunging into an intractable quagmire well worth the cost in lives and tax dollars. How is that not obvious? :doubt:

No no no! It was 9/11, remember? That changed everything. Enemies of America spent over a decade planning and executing their once in a lifetime coup de grâce, resulting in casualties totalling ~.001% of the US population and that made plunging into an intractable quagmire well worth the cost in lives and tax dollars. How is that not obvious? :doubt:

Silly moi! :eusa_doh:

And lets not forget that included among the 9/11 terrorists were exactly zero Iraqis. :eusa_doh:

I noticed that too. Always felt that attacking Iraq after being attacked by a bunch of Saudi Nationals was kind of like if we had attacked mexico after the japanese bombed pearl harbor.

but you know, we might have upset brother bandar.

Well, so long as there weren't THAT many innocent Americans killed, I guess we can sympathize with the killers....

Americans deserve to die, after all....

RADDATZ: Two-third of Americans say it’s not worth fighting.

CHENEY: So?

He has as much respect for those numbers as I do. Where did they come from? A CNN poll of CNN viewers? Peer pressure isn't everything, jello minded friends. Sometimes you just need to do the right thing.

Well, so long as there weren't THAT many innocent Americans killed, I guess we can sympathize with the killers....

THAT many???

There were exactly zero Americans killed by Iraqis on 9/11.

He has as much respect for those numbers as I do. Where did they come from? A CNN poll of CNN viewers? Peer pressure isn't everything, jello minded friends. Sometimes you just need to do the right thing.

You're quite the laughable fucking hypocrite in case you didn't know. If it were a democrat that got us into Iraq, you'd be dead set against it. You know it, I know it and God knows it.

They are a reflection of every poll done in the last year.

I agree, Cheney has as much respect for those Americans as you do. Basically, none.

Who was sympathizing with the hijackers? I think they were sympathizing with the people, who had nothing to do with 9/11, who got attacked in the aftermath.

Who said that? Oh wait, nobody. Nice lie there.

Obviously you sympathize.

You're quite the laughable fucking hypocrite in case you didn't know. If it were a democrat that got us into Iraq, you'd be dead set against it. You know it, I know it and God knows it.

And if it were a democrat that got us in Iraq YOU would be all FOR it, demanding we stay the course insisting it was the right thing to do. You know it,I know it and God knows it.

And if a dem wins the Presidency this year and does not pull out, you and your buddies will all be explaining how they just have no choice.

The observable phenomenon of people who still think the the invasion and occupation of Iraq was about terrorists is astounding. It was about the oil. It's still about the oil. Being in Iraq for a hundred years is about the oil.

Despite the wilful blindness of some, it's about the oil.

The observable phenomenon of people who still think the the invasion and occupation of Iraq was about terrorists is astounding. It was about the oil. It's still about the oil. Being in Iraq for a hundred years is about the oil.

Despite the wilful blindness of some, it's about the oil.

And we invaded Afghanistan to build a pipe line for... oil.... of course.

Forum List

Back