A Day Late...but that's my norm:)

ClaireH

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2020
Midwest US
Hello everyone:) I'm from the Midwest region and found this board after refusing to ever return to political chat land. I am an independent who leans right on most issues, and support a few stances on the left. I come to learn mostly, find meaningful threads as well as humorous ones. I've been enjoying the music section as well, but mostly stick to the political section.

The only type of person who gives me a hard time is one who is so dry they need to be oiled down a bit, or something like that lol Humor is highly underrated. I can do goofy well too; spending too much time with middle school kids can do that to a person.

These are a few of my personal issues that can cause me to go into a mini-tantrum on very short notice: political labels thrown all over the place with only some being accurate, US media at large abusing its power, and anyone who thinks he or she is above the law. Oh, and the common one that tends to infiltrate many a political site: people labeling others almost at random.

The main reason I left political chat was the constant waste of screen space with non-stop trolling. It's nice finding a message board that allows me to choose my battles by looking at a title and to not get sucked up into the frenzy. Thanks for reading and enjoy!

Hello everyone:) I'm from the Midwest region and found this board after refusing to ever return to political chat land. I am an independent who leans right on most issues, and support a few stances on the left. I come to learn mostly, find meaningful threads as well as humorous ones. I've been enjoying the music section as well, but mostly stick to the political section.

The only type of person who gives me a hard time is one who is so dry they need to be oiled down a bit, or something like that lol Humor is highly underrated. I can do goofy well too; spending too much time with middle school kids can do that to a person.

These are a few of my personal issues that can cause me to go into a mini-tantrum on very short notice: political labels thrown all over the place with only some being accurate, US media at large abusing its power, and anyone who thinks he or she is above the law. Oh, and the common one that tends to infiltrate many a political site: people labeling others almost at random.

The main reason I left political chat was the constant waste of screen space with non-stop trolling. It's nice finding a message board that allows me to choose my battles by looking at a title and to not get sucked up into the frenzy. Thanks for reading and enjoy!
Better have lots of Excedrin for this place...Hoowdy.

Thanks so much Sunni Man for the nice welcome. I've been on almost nightly since finding this board, and have only had a few mishaps to date lol

Better have lots of Excedrin for this place...Hoowdy.
haha...I will have to stock up..thanks for the heads-up

Meanwhile...this board has many forums with many subjects which is why we all call it home. Want politics? Its here. Want humor? That too. Talk about pets? Ok. Gardening? No problem. Just have a cuppa and get to know folks....go to the Coffee Shop. We talk everything in there EXCEPT politics. Thats a no no.

Anyway...enjoy yourself.

I just googled "US message boards? LOL I guess that S on the end of the word board didn't throw it off any:) Hello btw-enjoy reading your posts. You're a feisty one I do believe! Good job and keep it up! lol Revision- think it was US political message boards. TG for the ole edit button..I could pay rent on that thing.

Welcome to USMB, Claire. Hope you enjoy the boards.

a1621c7aa39257e3e787859ec8b6547d.jpg

Welcome to our Jungle.

Welcome Claire but be forewarned: Spending more than two hours a day with the Trump defenders in USMB, and you'll feel as if you need to take a second shower. ;)

Some here seem determined to poison your own opinions. I don't think that will happen as you seem pretty stable, but beware those that are warning you. They carry their own shards.

Like everywhere people collect, there are cliques. Just be careful which ones you choose to join...if any at all. To them, you are either this or that...not inbetween. And if you do insist on being inbetween....well. Watch yer back. As I said.."shards". The jabs will come when you least expect it from those you thought were sane and normal. Keep your amour on at all times and trust nobody because those you thought were friends....aren't.:spinner:

Last edited:
Welcome Claire but be forewarned: Spending more than two hours a day with the Trump defenders in USMB, and you'll feel as if you need to take a second shower. ;)
Now, now Dr. Love...this section's heading reads "Introduce Yourself". There seems to be a bit more to your "welcome" but my eyes didn't see it, nor did my mind agree with it...that is IF I would have seen it;)

Forum List

Back