A Dark Song (2016 Irish psychological horror film about the occult)

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie

I loved this movie. This is an extremely slow movie where nothing really happens until a little over an hour into the film, and yet I couldn't stop watching. It builds the atmosphere and tension/suspense extremely well. As far as I can tell, there is no CGI in this movie. This is not a CGI or special effects driven movie. This is the kind of movie that could do very well as a play.

90% of this movie is just two people in a creepy house, and nothing truly scary happens until about the last 10-15 minutes. But that payoff was worth it, IMO. This is my kind of horror movie. I like these kinds of horror movies more than the slasher movie kind.

Despite what the trailer indicates, there isn't anything too graphic or disturbing in the film, but there are some disturbing parts.

I, personally, don't believe in the occult, but I'm fascinated by it and would never dabble in it. I won't even fuck with a ouija board lol.

This movie has great cinematography, great acting, writing, and great directing. I loved the ending too.

9.5/10

Last edited:

Forum List

Back