A Cure for the Gay.

Again, only for fence-riders like you. And I've refuted each and every one of your inellectually dishonest, relativist arguments over and over again for the past 3 years. They're no more correct now than they they were the first time.

Relativism has its place, but that place isn't making bullshit, dishonest analogies to support a bullshit, dishoenst argument.

You said, “Smoking until recently was widely accepted by the public in general; therefore, considered normal.” Following your reasoning, in perhaps 100 years, if the general population considers gay marriage to be okay, it will be okay. Let's see you argue your way out of it.

Again, only for fence-riders like you. And I've refuted each and every one of your inellectually dishonest, relativist arguments over and over again for the past 3 years. They're no more correct now than they they were the first time.

Relativism has its place, but that place isn't making bullshit, dishonest analogies to support a bullshit, dishoenst argument.

Everyone is a fence sitter to one degree or another. Where do you stand on the spectrum of taking drugs?

Tobacco is unhealthy. Should people smoke cigarettes?
Marijuana is unhealthy. Should people be allowed to smoke marijuana?
Cocaine is unhealthy. Should people be allowed to smoke cocaine?

Weapons are dangerous but serve to protect people. To what degree should people own weapons?

Shotguns, Pistols, Semi-automatic guns, fully automatic guns, bazookas, Sherman tanks, grenades, land mines, atomic bombs, nuclear missiles: What age should the owner be? Where do you draw the line?

Let us see if you are not a fence sitter.

You said, “Smoking until recently was widely accepted by the public in general; therefore, considered normal.” Following your reasoning, in perhaps 100 years, if the general population considers gay marriage to be okay, it will be okay. Let's see you argue your way out of it.

There's nothing to argue my way out of. You're just seeing something that isn't there.

If society accepts homosexuality as "normal societal behavior," then it does. That does not negate the science to the argument.

I can twist your own words and use them in the same manner. Society accepts cigarrette smoking as normal, but it is in fact a learned societal habit that is medically self-destructive. Right?

Society can accept and define societal norms, but that does not always mean they are right.

Homosexuality is biologically abnormal.

From the beginning, I have said society can define normal, but is not the sole determining factor. I'm not seeing what's so hard about that.

Everyone is a fence sitter to one degree or another. Where do you stand on the spectrum of taking drugs?

Tobacco is unhealthy. Should people smoke cigarettes?
Marijuana is unhealthy. Should people be allowed to smoke marijuana?
Cocaine is unhealthy. Should people be allowed to smoke cocaine?

Weapons are dangerous but serve to protect people. To what degree should people own weapons?

Shotguns, Pistols, Semi-automatic guns, fully automatic guns, bazookas, Sherman tanks, grenades, land mines, atomic bombs, nuclear missiles: What age should the owner be? Where do you draw the line?

Let us see if you are not a fence sitter.

I don't see the correlation between your arbitrary and irrelevant questions to you making relativist arguments. Nor do I see where having an opinion on any of those questions correlates to riding a fence.

There's nothing to argue my way out of. You're just seeing something that isn't there.

If society accepts homosexuality as "normal societal behavior," then it does. That does not negate the science to the argument.

Since society can be wrong, it does negate the arguement that societal opinion should be a factor at all. The bandwagon is a falacy. Popularity does not make something right or wrong.

Society accepts cigarrette smoking as normal, but it is in fact a learned societal habit that is medically self-destructive. Right?

True. Yet, please note that society still thinks that people should be allowed to smoke. By the same token, society thinks that gay marriage is wrong. Perhaps, in the future, science will prove that gay marriage is not as harmful as once thought. Then it will be okay.

Homosexuality is biologically abnormal.

True, but because something is abnormal does not make it right or wrong.

From the beginning, I have said society can define normal, but is not the sole determining factor. I'm not seeing what's so hard about that.

If society might not be always right or wrong, it does not have a valid place in logical agreement.

That link does not support your statement. While I realize you consider yourself funny, one can only conclude that you pulled the percentage you posted out your ass.

2σ = 95.44997361036%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Deviation#Rules_for_normally_distributed_data

boobies.gif

I don't see the correlation between your arbitrary and irrelevant questions to you making relativist arguments. Nor do I see where having an opinion on any of those questions correlates to riding a fence.

I can't make it any simpler for you. Practically everything is relative. Come on and answer the questions. You should see that everyone is a fence sitter.

Are you pro-abortion or pro-life?

Should abortion be outlawed in all cases, even when the mother’s life would be at risk if she were not to have an abortion? If you would allow abortion under some such cases, but not in other cases, aren’t you a fence sitter when it comes to the abortion issue?

Coward

Plato (c.427-347 BC) Greek philosopher
Love poems to Aster. (a dude), and try reading The Symposium some time.

Alexander the Great (356-323 BC) King of Macedon
Conquered most of Greece, Persia, Asia Minor, India & Egypt (founded the city of Alexandria), transmitted Hellenic values across the civilized world. Mourned the death of his lover Hephaestian with extravagant funeral rites.

Michelangelo: http://www.infopt.demon.co.uk/michela.htm
The handsome model Gherardo Perini came to work for Michelangelo around 1520; their love flourished between 1522-25, and lasted until the mid-1530s. Whenever Perini failed to show up at the studios, Michelangelo's nights were wracked by dreadful anxiety. In such an anguish of loneliness he addressed his own daimon: "I beg you not to make me draw this evening since Perino's not here." This note was scrawled on a page bearing a drawing of a naked cherub urinating into a vase.

Again he wrote:

Only I remain burning in the dusk
After the sun has stripped the world of its rays:
Whereas other men take their pleasure, I do but mourn,
Prostrate on the ground, lamenting and weeping.

I can't make it any simpler for you. Practically everything is relative. Come on and answer the questions. You should see that everyone is a fence sitter.

Are you pro-abortion or pro-life?

Should abortion be outlawed in all cases, even when the mother’s life would be at risk if she were not to have an abortion? If you would allow abortion under some such cases, but not in other cases, aren’t you a fence sitter when it comes to the abortion issue?

Coward

I'm speechless that a gutless piece of tripe would call me a coward, when cowardice has nothing to do with your irrelevant analogies, just as your irrelevant analogies never have anything to do with anything.

To address your last question, no, being willing to allow abortion in some instances and not others is not fencesitting. It's having an opinion and taking a stand based on the parameters one is willing to accept or not.

Fencesitting would be not having an opinion either way so as to not offend those on either side.

Forum List

Back