A couple of common sense videos on renewable energy

Solar is a personal choice.
My PSEG Bill without solar was $300.00/month.
My February/March bill with solar is $35.00.
How much did the setup cost and how long will it last?

There will always be costs associated with installing a new system in your home.

Your questions sound as though you are looking for the negative. You haven't found it.

How about we go with $12 for the system and install. I have found systems that cost more and systems that cost less.

In a year the difference between $35 a month and $300 a month amounts to a savings of $3,180.00 Over 5 years you can save $15,900.00. Pretty much any decent solar power system will last more than 5 years.

Most home solar systems will easily last 10 years (with a few minor repairs and regular maintenance. In 10 years you can save $31,800.00.

And all of that does not even address the reduction in pollution achieved by solar energy.

No, I am looking at the angles. I have the near perfect set up to install solar, I think and am thinking of doing so.

My electric bill is about 110/month average.

I am not sure where you get the 12 dollars for installation cost. A quick search on google produces a cost for a system at about 25000 dollars. The site I am linking you too says the panels last 30 years with a warranty lasting that long.

Learn the facts behind Solar Power

So let's say we invest 25000 in a system.

25000/30 = 833/year. Or 69.11/month. You have easily saved more than 69/month so it is a very good investment for you, assuming a 30 year life with little upkeep. if the panels last that long then I can assume the only real expense is batteries if you wish to store energy, but that might be a whole other expense. But then again if you pay 25000 up front that pretty much forces you to stay in your house for 30 years. Say you plan on staying 10 years, that is 2500/year which is about 200 a month, still a profit for you but not near as much.

There is also state monies, or was, to help with the installation cost. Which makes the investment sound even better.

Selling electricity back to the power company sounds like a really good idea. Go on vacation, shut everything down and make money off of selling all your solar power.

I think I will start looking for state funding and price some systems.

My mistake. The $12 should have been $12k.

Forum List

Back