A Comprehensive Plan To Get Rick Perry Elected..

Would you be in favor of granting BigOil rights to solar and geothermal steam production for a time?

• Yes, it would be a good idea. It would have excellent ripple effects.

• Maybe, but I'm not sure about the ripple effects (but I promise I'll look into them!)

• No, green energy hybridized should never happen. I love oil and all that comes with it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Saw a clip of Rick Perry on Hannity last night. Cue up to 9:40 to see the problems addressed and how the solutions offered here would cure a good deal of them..

Being a governor of the largest state in the lower 48 with all the border issues he's been tackling is impressive. A senator won't do this time around. Has to be a governor to run all the complex problems that states face.

But one of his comments was just unfortunate. He cited as they always do on the right, that "oil will be our jobs savior". That's going to lose a lot of middle votes from people who are just stunned by the weird weather all around caused by climate change (better term because when ice cubes/or caps melt, there are freak cold spots due to thermal properties and heat exchange surrounding the phase changes of solid water to liquid water ...until...it's too late and then it become global warming proper) which is a fact and as the months roll by, only a lunatic would deny. Snow in Hawaii in Summer anyone?.. :cuckoo:

Thunderstorm Brings Snow to Hawaii in July
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESSJULY 17, 2015, 8:02 P.M. E.D.T. http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/07/17/us/ap-us-hawaii-snow.html?_r=0

Anyway, now that California is just flipping the bird to BigOil and it's "reverse osmosis fossil fuel laden" "solution" to its drought problems : California Punts Energy Politics In The Butt To Solve A Crisis. Greece You listening US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum by simply reflecting concentrated solar radiation on a pipe filled with fluid to run distillers (or steam turbines producing electricty with free fuel forever), perhaps a mitigation situation may arise that helps everyone...even those heavily invested in oil...bear with me here.

The cat is out of the bag and there's no putting her back. That thought makes BigOil shudder. But it shouldn't. The only reason people are addicted to the oil trade is because of the money in it. Fine. And we shouldn't destablize either those markets from US oil or Arab oil. We don't want our friends in the Middle East to instantly be placed in poverty and have to come running to us for money instead of the other way around like it is today. We could merely return the status back to trading partners where we are on an even keel with each other. Think of the money saved in just military outlay alone. That money can and always will find a place to be spent elsewhere (thinking of Russia and China here). Not that we have to remain enemies with them either. After all, if markets were better stablized and playing fields more fair, the males would have all the bananas and females they needed without all this strife and bullshit. I like to boil things down to their essence.

BigOil fears solar thermal and geothermal steam turbines and distilleries because they cannot compete with free fuel (solar radiation/geothermal heat) to run big-power turbines just like they and nuclear do... But...they need not fear the backyard startups if the Bill I'm thinking of grants them the sole right to produce and sell solar thermal or geothermal electricity for a couple of decades with a guarantee against competition. Think of it as a weaning program where the babies get even richer milk as they transfer over. Make it 3 decades so all those alive right now can get fat and retire off of the monopoly.

For one thing, solar thermal radiation concentrated is dangerous. The backyard guy producing power this way could burn himself or his house up. So a properly run facility by those already in the business of producing power, who could hybridize these plants with oil for cloudy days or night time energy, would be the best...at least for 3 decades or so..*wink wink*. Imagine the profits escalating if for 200 days out of any given year your fuel was free...think about it...$$$$$

There will always be a place for oil in America. For one thing in diesel transport. What's killing our economy right now in part is the price of diesel for transporting goods here and there. Fuel costs are driving the price up on common goods shipped. Those prices are causing consumers buying power to fail. So they're tightening their belts, which causes less consuming. Less consuming hurts business which in turn hurts jobs. It's funny, but Rick Perry's "creating jobs, getting people off welfare" plan could actually be solved by solar thermal steam, not oil...at least not predominantly.

Yes, it's my pet dream. And yes I know why it is being resisted so fiercely. But we can create a situation where everybody wins. I realize this will make us slightly less dependent upon foreign oil or blasting up the ground under our last fresh Aquifers with a toxic sludge, or force us maybe to sell our surplus oil to Europe or something, cementing those allies better...and all that would suck...I know...I know.. But if you think about it long enough, a solar thermal/oil Rick Perry would have a better shot at explaining how he would make our economy better and create more jobs. Because the ripple effects of adding a green energy hybrid with a free fuel source and granting a monopoly (you know, so that it might actually happen) for a time, would create far more jobs than a quick "cut n run" mass destruction of our and the Canadian environments.

We sell food too, that is dependent upon these aquifers and a clean environment & soils... And you haven't lived until you've tasted benzene-watered corn from the Midwest! Mmmm mmmm! Pass the xylene-flavored butter please!

But in all other respects, I kind of like Rick Perry as the next POTUS. For one thing I hear the Bush family doesn't really like him. Great. That alone and he's got my vote.

Last edited:
Trump says we ought to require Perry take an i.q. test

Rick Perry has trouble articulating when he's on the spot. I'd personally be more wary of a smooth talker who never shuts the fuck up (Trump) and never misses a beat. That's the guy you don't want to trust in a pinch. I like it when Perry stumbles. He should figure a way to make it endearing and that hurdle won't bother him anymore.

This isn't American Idol we're selecting for. It's the leader of a country in very bad shape. I'd rather have a guy who is better at thinking than a guy who has honed the art of flapping his yapper 24/7. Donald Trump is not the answer to our problems. But Rick Perry very well may be.. Put a Perry/Christie ticket out there with a plan like the one in the OP and you'd have to whip middle voters back from the polls as they clamored to get it and cast their vote for that dynamic duo. Bush's hate them? GREAT!!

Rick, I have been told by confidantes in Austin, may be bi-confused.

He may not be the President you want.

Rick Perry has trouble articulating when he's on the spot. I'd personally be more wary of a smooth talker who never shuts the fuck up (Trump) and never misses a beat. That's the guy you don't want to trust in a pinch. I like it when Perry stumbles. He should figure a way to make it endearing and that hurdle won't bother him anymore.

This isn't American Idol we're selecting for. It's the leader of a country in very bad shape. I'd rather have a guy who is better at thinking than a guy who has honed the art of flapping his yapper 24/7. Donald Trump is not the answer to our problems. But Rick Perry very well may be.. Put a Perry/Christie ticket out there with a plan like the one in the OP and you'd have to whip middle voters back from the polls as they clamored to get it and cast their vote for that dynamic duo. Bush's hate them? GREAT!!

I live in Texas and even though he come across as idiot when he speaking the man is not a idiot. He is actually a very crafty politician, and would be a decent President but many can not get past the Texas way of talking, so he has no chance.

Most prefer the smooth talking charlatan and not someone that actually has a plan...

Perry best hope is as VP candidate for John Kasich...

Laney is right, imo. Perry is no dummy, and while no Huey Long as a dictator, he has dominated this state for a very, very long time. He is every bit as crafty as LBJ. was even so when he was the Democratic chair in Texas for Gore's bid for the presidency in 92.

Problem is Perry already LOST a presidential campaign, you think the opposition wouldn't dwell on the fact he FROZE when asked a question? Decent man, would undoubtedly make a good president, but damaged goods that's easy for the left to do an Alinsky on!

I live in Texas and even though he come across as idiot when he speaking the man is not a idiot. He is actually a very crafty politician, and would be a decent President but many can not get past the Texas way of talking, so he has no chance.

Most prefer the smooth talking charlatan and not someone that actually has a plan...

Since when are crafty and sleazy synonyms? I live in Texas too. The man is a crook.

"A Comprehensive Plan To Get Rick Perry Elected.."

Fortunately this won’t happen.
Sez you.
Perry is a smart guy who did a terrific job at governor. Some enormous percentage of jobs created in this country over the last 8 years were created in Texas. And no, oil had little to do with it. Even with the downturn in the oil industry they are still pumping out jobs.

"A Comprehensive Plan To Get Rick Perry Elected.."

Fortunately this won’t happen.
Sez you.
Perry is a smart guy who did a terrific job at governor. Some enormous percentage of jobs created in this country over the last 8 years were created in Texas. And no, oil had little to do with it. Even with the downturn in the oil industry they are still pumping out jobs.
Oil had every thing to do with it for several years of the Great Recession and after, bub.

Last edited:

Since when are crafty and sleazy synonyms? I live in Texas too. The man is a crook.

Name a politician that is not sleazy nor a crook and I will sell you Ocean Front Property in Arizona...

I would prefer Perry over Trump any day of the week. I would prefer Perry over Abbot any day of the week. The only candidate from the Democrat party I thought would have been a great Governor was Bill White the former Mayor of Houston.

In the end Perry is better than Trump, Rubio, Carson, and a few others in the GOP clown car, and to be actually honest the only candidate for the Democrats that has grabbed my attention is Jim Webb...

Problem is Perry already LOST a presidential campaign, you think the opposition wouldn't dwell on the fact he FROZE when asked a question? Decent man, would undoubtedly make a good president, but damaged goods that's easy for the left to do an Alinsky on!
Like I said, I'd rather have a guy who runs on what he's done for his state rather than a slick slimeball like Trump. So he stumbles every now and then. How was it Dubya got elected? That guy was a moron.

Like I said, I'd rather have a guy who runs on what he's done for his state rather than a slick slimeball like Trump. So he stumbles every now and then. How was it Dubya got elected? That guy was a moron.

Anyone that gets elected president ISN'T a moron... they may be EVIL like the scum currently there, BUt he's doing EXACTLY what he said he would do, FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE America....of course it's for the worst, but he's not stupid. The Donald probably won't win the nomination, BUT he has ORIGINAL IDEAS, and can't be bought and IS the bully, not one to be bullied, AMERICANS LOVE REAL MEN!. "W" wasn't a conservative, but better than all the others....Can you imagine a President McLame?

Perry is a very good man, BUT the assholes in the MSM ate him up last time about being a religious man, and things have gotten worse for religious people since he last ran.... They'll make fun of him, and the dimwits out there, the ones that watch Jon Stewart, will laugh and vote the way the subversive MSM directs them!

Anyone that gets elected president ISN'T a moron... they may be EVIL like the scum currently there, BUt he's doing EXACTLY what he said he would do, FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE America....of course it's for the worst, but he's not stupid. The Donald probably won't win the nomination, BUT he has ORIGINAL IDEAS, and can't be bought and IS the bully, not one to be bullied, AMERICANS LOVE REAL MEN!. "W" wasn't a conservative, but better than all the others....Can you imagine a President McLame?...Perry is a very good man, BUT the assholes in the MSM ate him up last time about being a religious man, and things have gotten worse for religious people since he last ran.... They'll make fun of him, and the dimwits out there, the ones that watch Jon Stewart, will laugh and vote the way the subversive MSM directs them!

So what? If a candidate is afraid of a little laughter then they can't take the pressure of Office anyway. Once the GOP has their man, there's a wet blanket ready to get draped over the little MSM Rainbow media cult anyway...I have a feeling. I can feel it gearing up in the background. There are going to be some very embarassing moments that the Jon Stewarts of the world are going to be red in the face about having to "spin to make funny". I don't know what happened to Stewart. He was funny at first but then became political and his tone is almost like a barker for a cult. Plus, he wasn't the best talent on his show anyway. They left one by one as his show weaned them up. You'd think comics would start to rebel anyway about being owned by the PC police.

And again, if Rick Perry started talking green energy hybridizing with oil, the comics would go a lot more gently with him. Oil politics is a thing that everyone left of the middle is just DONE with.

Saw a clip of Rick Perry on Hannity last night. Cue up to 9:40 to see the problems addressed and how the solutions offered here would cure a good deal of them..

Being a governor of the largest state in the lower 48 with all the border issues he's been tackling is impressive. A senator won't do this time around. Has to be a governor to run all the complex problems that states face.

But one of his comments was just unfortunate. He cited as they always do on the right, that "oil will be our jobs savior". That's going to lose a lot of middle votes from people who are just stunned by the weird weather all around caused by climate change (better term because when ice cubes/or caps melt, there are freak cold spots due to thermal properties and heat exchange surrounding the phase changes of solid water to liquid water ...until...it's too late and then it become global warming proper) which is a fact and as the months roll by, only a lunatic would deny. Snow in Hawaii in Summer anyone?.. :cuckoo:

Thunderstorm Brings Snow to Hawaii in July
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESSJULY 17, 2015, 8:02 P.M. E.D.T. http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/07/17/us/ap-us-hawaii-snow.html?_r=0

Anyway, now that California is just flipping the bird to BigOil and it's "reverse osmosis fossil fuel laden" "solution" to its drought problems : California Punts Energy Politics In The Butt To Solve A Crisis. Greece You listening US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum by simply reflecting concentrated solar radiation on a pipe filled with fluid to run distillers (or steam turbines producing electricty with free fuel forever), perhaps a mitigation situation may arise that helps everyone...even those heavily invested in oil...bear with me here.

The cat is out of the bag and there's no putting her back. That thought makes BigOil shudder. But it shouldn't. The only reason people are addicted to the oil trade is because of the money in it. Fine. And we shouldn't destablize either those markets from US oil or Arab oil. We don't want our friends in the Middle East to instantly be placed in poverty and have to come running to us for money instead of the other way around like it is today. We could merely return the status back to trading partners where we are on an even keel with each other. Think of the money saved in just military outlay alone. That money can and always will find a place to be spent elsewhere (thinking of Russia and China here). Not that we have to remain enemies with them either. After all, if markets were better stablized and playing fields more fair, the males would have all the bananas and females they needed without all this strife and bullshit. I like to boil things down to their essence.

BigOil fears solar thermal and geothermal steam turbines and distilleries because they cannot compete with free fuel (solar radiation/geothermal heat) to run big-power turbines just like they and nuclear do... But...they need not fear the backyard startups if the Bill I'm thinking of grants them the sole right to produce and sell solar thermal or geothermal electricity for a couple of decades with a guarantee against competition. Think of it as a weaning program where the babies get even richer milk as they transfer over. Make it 3 decades so all those alive right now can get fat and retire off of the monopoly.

For one thing, solar thermal radiation concentrated is dangerous. The backyard guy producing power this way could burn himself or his house up. So a properly run facility by those already in the business of producing power, who could hybridize these plants with oil for cloudy days or night time energy, would be the best...at least for 3 decades or so..*wink wink*. Imagine the profits escalating if for 200 days out of any given year your fuel was free...think about it...$$$$$

There will always be a place for oil in America. For one thing in diesel transport. What's killing our economy right now in part is the price of diesel for transporting goods here and there. Fuel costs are driving the price up on common goods shipped. Those prices are causing consumers buying power to fail. So they're tightening their belts, which causes less consuming. Less consuming hurts business which in turn hurts jobs. It's funny, but Rick Perry's "creating jobs, getting people off welfare" plan could actually be solved by solar thermal steam, not oil...at least not predominantly.

Yes, it's my pet dream. And yes I know why it is being resisted so fiercely. But we can create a situation where everybody wins. I realize this will make us slightly less dependent upon foreign oil or blasting up the ground under our last fresh Aquifers with a toxic sludge, or force us maybe to sell our surplus oil to Europe or something, cementing those allies better...and all that would suck...I know...I know.. But if you think about it long enough, a solar thermal/oil Rick Perry would have a better shot at explaining how he would make our economy better and create more jobs. Because the ripple effects of adding a green energy hybrid with a free fuel source and granting a monopoly (you know, so that it might actually happen) for a time, would create far more jobs than a quick "cut n run" mass destruction of our and the Canadian environments.

We sell food too, that is dependent upon these aquifers and a clean environment & soils... And you haven't lived until you've tasted benzene-watered corn from the Midwest! Mmmm mmmm! Pass the xylene-flavored butter please!

But in all other respects, I kind of like Rick Perry as the next POTUS. For one thing I hear the Bush family doesn't really like him. Great. That alone and he's got my vote.

Homosexuality is a verb?
You mean like "I homosexuality to the grocery store."

Forum List

Back