A challnege to "open minded" liberals.

How? I don't know, lets start by FORCING ME to have healthcare in the first place. That's a pretty huge one, is it not?

My point ---------------> #

Your head -----------> =)
Responsible people see health care as a necessity, a benefit, a grand thing to have. But the irresponsible see health care as an imposition.

Which camp are you in?

Healthcare is not a necessity. I know tons of people who have never had health care and are perfectly fine. If the need to see a doc they pay out of their pocket. It's their choice. Now, thanks to Obama, they have none.

That's the camp I'm in. Healthcare is a luxury. It's a benefit if you want it and can afford it. "Grand thing to have?" It's health care man, not a Lamboghini.

oddly enough, at the time the constitution was drafted, guns did cost more than the average citizen could afford. Remember that, at that time, every gun was hand made using parts hand crafted. There were no replaceable parts. There was no mass manufacturing. A hand made weapon was something out of financial reach of most citizens.

And they were all single shot weapons. No semi-automatic firing systems. Every shot was hand loaded. No cartridges. Ah! What a great time to even consider including the phrase "A well regulated militia being necessary to a free state..."

Much the same could be said of printing presses. Also very costly, well beyond the affordability of the common man. Operating one was a specific skilled trade, that not everyone could do. It took hours of work to set the type for a printed page, after which you might be able to churn out, if you were good at it, a dozen pages in a minute. You'd then have to give these pages to newsboys that would then stand out on the corner selling them to passersby.

Much more than you can claim that the founders might not have imagined that one day, we'd have guns that could hold dozens of rounds, and fire them as fast as the user could pull the trigger; how unimaginable must it have been to them that one day, anyone could sit at a computer, in his home, type up a posting containing his opinions or other information, hit “POST REPLY”, and have his posting instantly become readable to people all over the world?

Then there must be free access to free birth control everywhere in the United States. Unless you don't mind a greater cost in the long run. Think twenty years hence.
You missed the point.
and that would be...
Taxing the purchase of a firearm to the point that no one can afford them is as least as unconstitutional as taxing abortions to the point that no one can afford them.
oddly enough, at the time the constitution was drafted, guns did cost more than the average citizen could afford. Remember that, at that time, every gun was hand made using parts hand crafted. There were no replaceable parts. There was no mass manufacturing. A hand made weapon was something out of financial reach of most citizens.

And they were all single shot weapons. No semi-automatic firing systems. Every shot was hand loaded. No cartridges. Ah! What a great time to even consider including the phrase "A well regulated militia being necessary to a free state..."
Irrelevant to the point.

What exactly is the 'point'

You challenged 'open-minded liberals' to post their list- and expressed skepticism that any of us would- or could.

By my count- at least 7 of us have provided list of at least 5 things- many more than that. Most of which you chose to ignore.

So what is the point of this thread?

How? I don't know, lets start by FORCING ME to have healthcare in the first place. That's a pretty huge one, is it not?

Responsible people see health care as a necessity, a benefit, a grand thing to have. But the irresponsible see health care as an imposition.

Which camp are you in?

Healthcare is not a necessity. I know tons of people who have never had health care and are perfectly fine. If the need to see a doc they pay out of their pocket. It's their choice. Now, thanks to Obama, they have none.

That's the camp I'm in. Healthcare is a luxury. It's a benefit if you want it and can afford it. "Grand thing to have?" It's health care man, not a Lamboghini.

In what way did Obama stop these people from having health care?

Tons of people? You lie.

You poor child

You are required to be responsible for paying your own healthcare bills

Name seven things you personally don't approve of, yet you nonetheless don't question the freedom of someone to do, without permission from the state.

Edit: Is 7 too many? How about 5? 3? 1?
Just 1?

I don't really consider myself a "liberal" but I suppose compared to many of you, I am. Lol. The only thing I can think of right now that I personally would not do myself but don't question the freedom of others is abortion. It is a personal decision, IMO. It IS still the woman's body and she is the one who takes the risks.

Which camp are you in?

How bout the guy who's kid got cancer so he robbed a bank? He took a chance so he could save $ now we got to save his kid.

You don't know when you'll get in an accident and need insurance. It's not a home or car its your life.

I know people who've never gotten into car accident. They don't have a choice to not be insured.

We've already heard all these arguments ya broken record.

20 year olds should pay $100 a month. 30 year olds $200. 40 year olds $300. 50 year old $200. 60 year olds $100. 70 plus or under 20 only $50 a month.

Do the math. This could work if we had single payer. F blue cross. Republicans don't worry about manufacturing jobs whho cares about the health care industry. What a scam. The profit motive is fucking things up.

Think about it. How much do doctors make? Now how much did blue cross CEO take home last year?

How bout the guy who's kid got cancer so he robbed a bank? He took a chance so he could save $ now we got to save his kid.

Please post a link to the article on that robbery. I didn't hear about that one and for the life of me, I fail to find a link when I google it. The only thing I find is a guy who robbed a bank to pay for his daughters chemo AFTER THE INSURANCE WAS ABRUPTLY CANCELLED. Meaning.....follow me here....they HAD insurance. We have no idea why it was cancelled. So you can't use that example. Hell, quite frankly, I think he just used that as an excuse. Hospitals don't operate like that. They won't throw a child on the street like that.

So there is no example of anyone robbing a bank to pay for their kids cancer treatment who opted out of purchasing insurance beforehand. Nope, you made that up.

Last edited:

Please post a link to the article on that robbery. I didn't hear about that one and for the life of me, I fail to find a link when I google it. The only thing I find is a guy who robbed a bank to pay for his daughters chemo AFTER THE INSURANCE WAS ABRUPTLY CANCELLED. Meaning.....follow me here....they HAD insurance. We have no idea why it was cancelled. So you can't use that example. Hell, quite frankly, I think he just used that as an excuse. Hospitals don't operate like that. They won't throw a child on the street like that.

So there is no example of anyone robbing a bank to pay for their kids cancer treatment who opted out of purchasing insurance beforehand. Nope, you made that up.
Drop to your knees and thank the ACA because withit, insurance can no longer be abruptly canceled because you file a claim.

20 year olds should pay $100 a month. 30 year olds $200. 40 year olds $300. 50 year old $200. 60 year olds $100. 70 plus or under 20 only $50 a month.

Do the math. This could work if we had single payer. F blue cross. Republicans don't worry about manufacturing jobs whho cares about the health care industry. What a scam. The profit motive is fucking things up.

Think about it. How much do doctors make? Now how much did blue cross CEO take home last year?

Now how much did blue cross CEO take home last year?

a lot more now that we have obamacares

Name seven things you personally don't approve of, yet you nonetheless don't question the freedom of someone to do, without permission from the state.

Edit: Is 7 too many? How about 5? 3? 1?
Just 1?
I approve of Republicans dropping out of school even though I know they will be a burden on this country. If that's what they want to do.

I approve of the GOP praying in public for president Obama to die. You know they want to do that. If that's what gets them off.
GOP speaker of Kansas House prays for Obama’s death, calls First Lady “Mrs. YoMama” | Applesauce

I approve of Republicans committing suicide, the number one cause of deaths from guns.

I approve of right wingers getting enormously fat as long as they don't use the emergency room for health care.

See, there's all kinds of things it's OK for right wingers to do.

I don't know the details of why he didn't have insurance. Probably didn't pay. What reason do you speculate it was abruptly cancelled?

Good now we just wait for it to trickle down.

are you frikkin stupid

it aint gunna trickle down

obama sold you out to big insurance long ago

--LOL

are you frikkin stupid

--LOL
They're for profit companies right? If you're a Republican you should be happy.

are you frikkin stupid

--LOL
why would i be happy about a government handout loser

are you frikkin stupid

--LOL
why would i be happy about a government handout loser
Creates jobs.

Forum List

Back