How would you resolve this... philosophical difficulty?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
On the one hand, experience has taught me well that the average person is entitled, greedy, irresponsible, short sighted, reliably unreliable, and... well, quite likely a sociopath. He's not out to get you by any means, but he won't think twice before throwing you under the bus if it serves his own interests. She doesn't mean to hurt you, but she will lie about loving you if it will convince you to give her the fucking that the boyfriend and/or husband she may or may not ever tell you about can't give her.

On the other hand, I still see human rights, worth, and dignity as inherent and inalienable. It doesn't matter how shitty the other person is, or that they almost certainly wouldn't respect yours to any appreciable degree if it were any hassle at all on their part to do so. It's impossible to lose. Nobody can ever deserve to be deprived of their life at any point from conception to deathbed. Nobody can ever deserve rape or torture. Every human being has the right to the basics of life, such as adequate food, water, and safety. And if they have the right to it then it is our responsibility to provide these things.

The only problem is that I can't really trust anyone else to adhere to this or do their part. I can't trust anyone to help me ensure the rights of others. I can't really trust anyone else to ensure my rights in return. This leaves me in a pretty weird place where I'm responsible for everyone else as well as myself.

On the one hand, experience has taught me well that the average person is entitled, greedy, irresponsible, short sighted, reliably unreliable, and... well, quite likely a sociopath. He's not out to get you by any means, but he won't think twice before throwing you under the bus if it serves his own interests. She doesn't mean to hurt you, but she will lie about loving you if it will convince you to give her the fucking that the boyfriend and/or husband she may or may not ever tell you about can't give her.

On the other hand, I still see human rights, worth, and dignity as inherent and inalienable. It doesn't matter how shitty the other person is, or that they almost certainly wouldn't respect yours to any appreciable degree if it were any hassle at all on their part to do so. It's impossible to lose. Nobody can ever deserve to be deprived of their life at any point from conception to deathbed. Nobody can ever deserve rape or torture. Every human being has the right to the basics of life, such as adequate food, water, and safety. And if they have the right to it then it is our responsibility to provide these things.

The only problem is that I can't really trust anyone else to adhere to this or do their part. I can't trust anyone to help me ensure the rights of others. I can't really trust anyone else to ensure my rights in return. This leaves me in a pretty weird place where I'm responsible for everyone else as well as myself.

Yo, go to the closest church, they`ll feed you?

"GTP"
3.jpg

Forum List

Back