A case for polygamy

Whether one brings God or biology into it, a case can definitely be made for the state favoring natural childbirth over adoption, whenever possible.

I can't think of a single reason why polygamy should be illegal. Makes a lot more sense than gay marriage.

No, they make the same amount of sense. People that love each other in a committed relationship to each other. That can be people of the same sex and it can be more than 2 people
All that can be done without getting married...

True, it can.

Civil marriage is simply a contract between two people that comes with some perks from the government. There is no reason those should not be applied to same sex couples and groups of more than 2.

Marriage should be a religious thing only. If the church wants to marry two guys, a guy and five women, it should be up to them.
I agree so long as marriage doesn't come with secular benefits. A church shouldn't be able to decide your tax status. Civil unions should do that.

The government offers said "perks" to induce procreation...This can't be achieved through the act of man on man butt sex...Fags and rug munchers should see no government "perk" for marriage.

And yet I work with a lesbian in a same sex marriage and they have a child! OH MY GOD how did that happen?

Sperm was needed to make that child. Right?

Pretty sure science has not gotten around that yet.

Has nothing to do with science. Science never will be able to create a double helix strand of dna.

and what was the point of question?

The government offers said "perks" to induce procreation...This can't be achieved through the act of man on man butt sex...Fags and rug munchers should see no government "perk" for marriage.

And yet I work with a lesbian in a same sex marriage and they have a child! OH MY GOD how did that happen?

And I bet you think that's so cool..huh?

absolutely. They are a loving, happy couple that love the child every bit as much as any straight couple and far more than many I have known.

I don't think it's a proper environment for a child. Maybe things are different in school today than when I was a child, but kids tease each other all the time for stupid things: too skinny, too fat, pimples, funny shaped head.....

I can't imagine if I had two daddies when I was in school how I would not be picked on and constantly harassed or made fun of. I would probably spend half my school season suspended for fighting. I just think that kids should be raised by mother and father the way God intended it.

Times have changed. While there are still some kids that would laugh at others about that, those are the same kids that would call other kids racist names or the like. Can't really worry about them...they are just a reflection of their parents.

absolutely. They are a loving, happy couple that love the child every bit as much as any straight couple and far more than many I have known.

I don't think it's a proper environment for a child. Maybe things are different in school today than when I was a child, but kids tease each other all the time for stupid things: too skinny, too fat, pimples, funny shaped head.....

I can't imagine if I had two daddies when I was in school how I would not be picked on and constantly harassed or made fun of. I would probably spend half my school season suspended for fighting. I just think that kids should be raised by mother and father the way God intended it.

Times have changed. While there are still some kids that would laugh at others about that, those are the same kids that would call other kids racist names or the like. Can't really worry about them...they are just a reflection of their parents.

I think this is a whole new level. It's one thing if the football player pushes you into the lockers walking down the hallway, or somebody calls you four eyes because you have glasses. I think when you insult somebody's parents, that''s a different ballgame. Kind of like the difference between some bigger kid calling you a pimpled face geek and the same kid calling your girlfriend that. You can ignore the comment about yourself, but you just about can't do that when a loved one is verbally attacked like that.

Sperm was needed to make that child. Right?

Pretty sure science has not gotten around that yet.

Has nothing to do with science. Science never will be able to create a double helix strand of dna.

and what was the point of question?

No point, just enjoying this ipa. Lol.

You have your 2 daddies beat up their 1 daddy if they picked on you.

I think this is a whole new level. It's one thing if the football player pushes you into the lockers walking down the hallway, or somebody calls you four eyes because you have glasses. I think when you insult somebody's parents, that''s a different ballgame. Kind of like the difference between some bigger kid calling you a pimpled face geek and the same kid calling your girlfriend that. You can ignore the comment about yourself, but you just about can't do that when a loved one is verbally attacked like that.

Both my kids, and especially my younger one who is now a Senior in high school grew up with kids that have same sex parents. Not a big deal for the most part to much of anyone.

Hypothetically, if polygamy was legalized, this would mean that the top 1% of of males (e.x. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg) could marry multiple women, and potentially father more children.

This might help to reduce poverty and low education, by encouraging women not to marry "average men", but compete to marry the top 1% of men. (It might also encourage "average men" to become more personally productive, knowing that their wife could leave them for a better option, such as Warren Buffet).

What would be the concerns in regards to this?

(Of course, I don't expect this to actually happen, but hypothetically speaking...)
Empirical evidence shows that societies that support polygamy are far more violent than those that don't. Having a lot of males wandering around with no possibility of having a sex partner is not good for a peaceful society.

The difference between polygamy and polyamory is a marriage license. Avoid the gov't license and have 2 or more lover/partners.

Polyamory is more popular than you think.

Hypothetically, if polygamy was legalized, this would mean that the top 1% of of males (e.x. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg) could marry multiple women, and potentially father more children.

This might help to reduce poverty and low education, by encouraging women not to marry "average men", but compete to marry the top 1% of men. (It might also encourage "average men" to become more personally productive, knowing that their wife could leave them for a better option, such as Warren Buffet).

(Of course, I don't expect this to actually happen, but hypothetically speaking...)
Empirical evidence shows that societies that support polygamy are far more violent than those that don't. Having a lot of males wandering around with no possibility of having a sex partner is not good for a peaceful society.
In ancient societies, some men were made into eunuchs' and forced to serve in the Haram.

For that matter, there are Buddhist monks and other ascetics who deny themselves worldly pleasures, and it doesn't seem to be the result of "a lack of sex", so much as whatever "spiritual pleasures" they're getting out of it being much, much better.

The difference between polygamy and polyamory is a marriage license. Avoid the gov't license and have 2 or more lover/partners.

If you mean infidelity or "hooking up / casual sex" then I'm aware of it, I was talking about stable unions or marriages.

Polygamy leads to the exploitation of women, and invariably to pedophilia.

I know a lot of polyamorous couples. Most of the ones over 40 are either bisexual women and a man or are a woman with more than one man.

If you mean infidelity or "hooking up / casual sex" then I'm aware of it, I was talking about stable unions or marriages.

Some couples include others or allow either partner to date outside the marriage. It isn't just "hooking up" but dating and looking for a relationship. It is polyamory.

Some couples include others or allow either partner to date outside the marriage. It isn't just "hooking up" but dating and looking for a relationship. It is polyamory.
Swinging, polyamory, open marriages, pickup artistry, whatever - I'm not interested.

Given that is basically what Trump is allegedly doing with Melania's approval, why the outrage and intolerance of his lifestyle?

You have your 2 daddies beat up their 1 daddy if they picked on you.

Well, I don't think those poll pushers are renown for their great fighting skills.

I know a lot of polyamorous couples. Most of the ones over 40 are either bisexual women and a man or are a woman with more than one man.
Polyamory is different from legalized polygamy. Apples and oranges.

Swinging, polyamory, open marriages, pickup artistry, whatever - I'm not interested.

Given that is basically what Trump is allegedly doing with Melania's approval, why the outrage and intolerance of his lifestyle?

Swinging, open marriages and pickups are all about the sex. Polyamory is about relationships.

only in the title of their relationships.

The only difference is the marriage license. Fewer people are getting married now. Apparently people can live a good life without a gov't license or gov't approval of their relationship.

Forum List

Back