A case for polygamy

I can't think of a single reason why polygamy should be illegal. Makes a lot more sense than gay marriage.

No, they make the same amount of sense. People that love each other in a committed relationship to each other. That can be people of the same sex and it can be more than 2 people
All that can be done without getting married...

True, it can.

Civil marriage is simply a contract between two people that comes with some perks from the government. There is no reason those should not be applied to same sex couples and groups of more than 2.

I can't think of a single reason why polygamy should be illegal. Makes a lot more sense than gay marriage.

No, they make the same amount of sense. People that love each other in a committed relationship to each other. That can be people of the same sex and it can be more than 2 people

True, it can.

Civil marriage is simply a contract between two people that comes with some perks from the government. There is no reason those should not be applied to same sex couples and groups of more than 2.

Sure, if you want to completely disregard intent.

The intent for social engineering? I would like to just do away with that. And for using our tax code for the same

The government offers said "perks" to induce procreation...This can't be achieved through the act of man on man butt sex...Fags and rug munchers should see no government "perk" for marriage.

The government offers said "perks" to induce procreation...This can't be achieved through the act of man on man butt sex...Fags and rug munchers should see no government "perk" for marriage.

And yet I work with a lesbian in a same sex marriage and they have a child! OH MY GOD how did that happen?

And yet I work with a lesbian in a same sex marriage and they have a child! OH MY GOD how did that happen?
Adoption or artificial insemination I'm assuming.

And I bet you think that's so cool..huh?

Hypothetically, if polygamy was legalized, this would mean that the top 1% of of males (e.x. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg) could marry multiple women, and potentially father more children.

This might help to reduce poverty and low education, by encouraging women not to marry "average men", but compete to marry the top 1% of men. (It might also encourage "average men" to become more personally productive, knowing that their wife could leave them for a better option, such as Warren Buffet).

What would be the concerns in regards to this?

(Of course, I don't expect this to actually happen, but hypothetically speaking...)
Polygamy leads to the exploitation of women, and invariably to pedophilia.

Adoption or artificial insemination I'm assuming.

Assume? :auiqs.jpg:
The possibility of virgin birth is probably out of the question.

Hypothetically, if polygamy was legalized, this would mean that the top 1% of of males (e.x. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg) could marry multiple women, and potentially father more children.

This might help to reduce poverty and low education, by encouraging women not to marry "average men", but compete to marry the top 1% of men. (It might also encourage "average men" to become more personally productive, knowing that their wife could leave them for a better option, such as Warren Buffet).

(Of course, I don't expect this to actually happen, but hypothetically speaking...)

that is the party line

I see no direct connection to pedophilia, beyond that I have no comment.

absolutely. They are a loving, happy couple that love the child every bit as much as any straight couple and far more than many I have known.

True, it can.

True, it can.

The intent for social engineering? I would like to just do away with that. And for using our tax code for the same

For successful straight men; the risks outweigh the so called benefits offered by the government. Whereby they are successful. Fewer truly successful men are willing to risk throwing their life’s work, and successes away. That’s why poor people on average usually have more children, and marriages...

If a person is wealthy enough they can effectively have as many spouses as they want - they don't need to get legally married.

For most people, sharing your spouse - being a member of a harem - is unacceptable.

A few (like yourself) may decide that the financial benefits are more important than self respect, but that's rare.

Somehow the human race has almost universally decided upon monogamy.

Sperm was needed to make that child. Right?

Pretty sure science has not gotten around that yet.

Don’t women basically already do this?

True, it can.

True, it can.

For successful straight men; the risks outweigh the so called benefits offered by the government. Whereby they are successful. Fewer truly successful men are willing to risk throwing their life’s work, and successes away. That’s why poor people on average usually have more children, and marriages...
BS.

Most "successful" men and women, whether Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, or others are married. They don't seem to have wide-eyed illusions about it, but nevertheless have a "good enough marriage".

The "benefits" aren't reducible to government incentives, it's obvious to me that some couples are happy, or at least not "miserable", and do it as an end in and of itself. Misery loves company, so I'm sure that miserable people will tend to find someone to share their misery with, such is life.

I'm aware that many illegitimate children correlates with poverty, and that more successful people tend to have fewer children - most aren't nihilists who believe that the human race should die off, though, no.

absolutely. They are a loving, happy couple that love the child every bit as much as any straight couple and far more than many I have known.

I don't think it's a proper environment for a child. Maybe things are different in school today than when I was a child, but kids tease each other all the time for stupid things: too skinny, too fat, pimples, funny shaped head.....

I can't imagine if I had two daddies when I was in school how I would not be picked on and constantly harassed or made fun of. I would probably spend half my school season suspended for fighting. I just think that kids should be raised by mother and father the way God intended it.

Pretty sure science has not gotten around that yet.

Has nothing to do with science. Science never will be able to create a double helix strand of dna.

Forum List

Back