A call for mass exodus from public schools

what do you know about the education system. You prefer the assinine teacher's union dominated curriculum these leftist loon teachers are feeding the kids. Do you realize how far behind other nations our kids are? All you have to do is to watch leno videos and others to see just how stupid our kids are. The richest nation on the face of the earth and the lack of basic knowledge our young people possess. LOLOL
There are no such "union dominated curriculum" in the flyover states outside major lib dominated areas. My state has ONE liberal school district and it is confined to the largest city in the state because of a high minority population electing libtards.

I hope you realize teaching is one thing and remembering trivia is another. My kids had to know the subject matter of every Constitutional amendment in my classes. I doubt few can remember any one I selected now.

Rather than attack me for posting the truth of the matter, how about addressing the obvious ignorance of our younger generation today.
Based on a little comedy bit on a defunct late night talk show? You cannot be this stupid.

Teachers unions protect bad teachers and bad teaching. They have failed our kids. School boards have failed our kids. Our local state and national politicians have failed our kids' education. We see it all around us. You may be a teacher present or past. Of course you do not want to admit your complicity in this. It's a disgrace. That is why so many people are getting out of the public school system.

Teachers unions protect bad teachers and bad teaching. They have failed our kids. School boards have failed our kids. Our local state and national politicians have failed our kids' education. We see it all around us. You may be a teachers present or past. Of course you do not want to admit your complicity in this. It's a disgrace. That is why so many people are getting out of the public school system.
Teacher's unions require due process. I have been on both sides of this issue.

I had a principal who wanted to fire me for not having a seating chart in my lesson plans for substitute teachers. He called in my union rep who nearly busted a gut laughing when I showed the principal my seating charts using student photographs in a printout from our student information management system. The principal did not even know the capabilities of his own student information management system, but I did because I helped implement a similar system at my high school of over 3200 students in Florida.

Would you have supported him firing me for no reason, just because he could?

As an administrator, I had several teachers fired because I documented their deficiencies and the union could not argue against my reasons. They were given due process and had numerous opportunities to defend themselves, but couldn't.

People are waking up. The indoctrination centers may let you protest the garbage they want to teach your children, as the FBI investigates you for doing so, but they will never hear those voices that are not welcome.

The public schools belong to the Federal government, not you, much like the entire government. It is a government by and for the DNC and not you

You are either part of the opposition or willingly work their plantations

It is that simple.
It's only a matter of time before the brick and mortar schools go down for the count.

If you really cared, you'd at least go visit a local school and talk to real people. There will be plenty of people willing to talk to you, and curricula are not secret.
We may not always fall on the same side of the issues... But I'm glad that there are people like you dedicated to being educators. It is a selfless and underpaid job and definitely requires personal commitment and love for what you're doing.

Jo

Proof is in the pudding. If teachers were doing their jobs, parents wouldn't be pulling their kids out of school,and replacing school board leftists, and turning blue states red.

I guess one of the main questions in public education today is, What policy initiatives would experienced teachers implement to improve overall education (absent the mandates from On High)?

Many of the initiatives implemented over the past fifty years were pushed by special interest groups seeking to protect their contingencies, at the expense of everybody else (other students). Teachers have been forced to live with those initiatives even when they thought the initiatives were stupid or counterproductive.

In the Pittsburgh school district, they have taken some astounding measures NOT to remove disruptive students from the classrooms, presumably because it might hurt their feelings. The Obama Administration was a proponent of the idea that if BIPOC's are disciplined and suspended more often than others, it is a sign of racism. The teachers and all the other students suffer with this behavior day after day, with no real recourse.

Are classes grouped by ability level, when that would facilitate better learning? How are students for whom English is a second language handles? Are kids with learning disabilities and kids with other special problems mainstreamed? How much school time is spent on sex education and social engineering (things that might better be handled in the home)?

To be political for a moment, the Republican attitude would be, let's make things better for the students who want to learn, and provide custodial arrangements for those who don't. The Leftist attitude now prevails in most urban environments.

I suspect that the logical vehicle for teacher-driven initiatives would be the unions, but the unions were the drivers of the Progressive initiatives in the first place.

And so it goes.

Forum List

Back