A Brief Presentation of White Privilege

Both sides make valid points. Historically and generically whites have bennifited from and advanced from a discriminatory system. I think that is an important point to recognize.

On the other side we have to look at how we interpret and discuss this history and be sure not to play the victim card too hard. Values, hard work, and perseverance should still be taught and promoted. Some of the avanues I see these discussions go down can be counter productive as the stir up resentment and give excuses for mediocrity and lack luster efforts. That’s the last thing we need

There is no other side. And we don't have to look at how we interpret history. The facts are what they are. There is no victim card. We have worked far harder, far longer than whites and for far less. That's not to be ignored. Yet we have to endure lectures about values hard work and other things from a people handed everything they have by the government, too lazy to work free land so thy enslave people and still today are dependent upon the government. I think is just time whites stopped thinking we give a damn about your resentment. Why should we since whites have not cared whether or not what you guys do create resentment in us and that you've done so since 1776? What whites have done since July 4, 1776 is what has been counterproductive.
I don’t know what resentment your talking about but I’m a white male and I hold no resentment towards blacks. I actually understand and agree with the grievances the “white privilege” narrative brings up. But then I ask what are we trying to do with it. Are we trying to make whites more aware so they are sympathetic to blacks? Are we trying to make blacks angry and resent whites? Are we trying to do something tangible like give blacks some of the wealth that whites have accumulated? If so then how? What is the goal here?
IM2 what’s the goal?

First off you end the assumption that a white woman declaring white privilege is going to make us more angry and resentful of whites since we already knew white privilege existed. McIntosh did not coin the term for blacks. She did so trying to make whites more aware. Of course most whites miss the fact she was not talking about money or wealth. Now why do I have to explain a goal for you?
You don’t have to do anything, but I’m asking questions that I’m curious about. That’s what happens during discussions. You seem knowledable and passionate about the subject so I’d think you’d want to answer and explain your perspective.

It sounds like the answer is that the goal is to make whites more aware that they have privilege over blacks, is that right?

Fair enough.

Awareness of that reality is something that would go towards the goal. But really I feel that whites should already know what the goal is.

There is no other side. And we don't have to look at how we interpret history. The facts are what they are. There is no victim card. We have worked far harder, far longer than whites and for far less. That's not to be ignored. Yet we have to endure lectures about values hard work and other things from a people handed everything they have by the government, too lazy to work free land so thy enslave people and still today are dependent upon the government. I think is just time whites stopped thinking we give a damn about your resentment. Why should we since whites have not cared whether or not what you guys do create resentment in us and that you've done so since 1776? What whites have done since July 4, 1776 is what has been counterproductive.
I don’t know what resentment your talking about but I’m a white male and I hold no resentment towards blacks. I actually understand and agree with the grievances the “white privilege” narrative brings up. But then I ask what are we trying to do with it. Are we trying to make whites more aware so they are sympathetic to blacks? Are we trying to make blacks angry and resent whites? Are we trying to do something tangible like give blacks some of the wealth that whites have accumulated? If so then how? What is the goal here?
IM2 what’s the goal?

First off you end the assumption that a white woman declaring white privilege is going to make us more angry and resentful of whites since we already knew white privilege existed. McIntosh did not coin the term for blacks. She did so trying to make whites more aware. Of course most whites miss the fact she was not talking about money or wealth. Now why do I have to explain a goal for you?
You don’t have to do anything, but I’m asking questions that I’m curious about. That’s what happens during discussions. You seem knowledable and passionate about the subject so I’d think you’d want to answer and explain your perspective.

It sounds like the answer is that the goal is to make whites more aware that they have privilege over blacks, is that right?

Fair enough.

Awareness of that reality is something that would go towards the goal. But really I feel that whites should already know what the goal is.
The goal for you is complete and utter black supremacy.

The Brotherhood of MarcATL, IM2, Asclepias, et al confirms the victim hood mentality of the hate filled Black Liberal Left. They will most likely remain victims until their dying days, no matter how many White Supremacist threads they start. The list of Black Conservatives is long and powerful, these few individuals will wallow in their own self pity for years, maybe decades to come...

There is no such thing as this so called black victimhood mentality. That term is just white racist gaslighting. Black conservatives only enable white racism.

A snippet from one of Brother Time Wise's many lectures covering the topic of white privilege

This brother get's it.

Again, before you post, please cite what, exactly, is he stating that's wrong, false, misleading or otherwise deceptive.

Thanks.

White priviledge is Racist for you "owes me white blue eyed debil. Why should I have to work for it if you will give it to me if I whine, cry and spit up enough."
I think racism is stupid. I

IM2 what’s the goal?

Fair enough.

Shut up little boy.
Make me, piece of shit.

Fair enough.

Shut up little boy.
Make me, piece of shit.

Now you know we are onilne and that you are just talking shit because I'm not in your presence.

A snippet from one of Brother Time Wise's many lectures covering the topic of white privilege

This brother get's it.

Again, before you post, please cite what, exactly, is he stating that's wrong, false, misleading or otherwise deceptive.

Thanks.

White priviledge is Racist for you "owes me white blue eyed debil. Why should I have to work for it if you will give it to me if I whine, cry and spit up enough."

And that's why you practice it. This term was created by a white woman fruitcake.

upload_2018-10-13_18-10-5.jpeg
th
th

Do you think Wells Fargo gets more or less scrutiny than BAML?

I don't know, but lets assume for the sake of argument that the answer is yes. Why do you think that would be relevant to this conversation?

LMAO. You just cried that police target certain people. They do so because they believe they are more likely to commit a crime based on their intel. You then cried that white collar people don't get frisked. I said it was a false analogy and that the SEC does in fact target some over others. You agreed that Wells gets targeted more...because of past behavior.

See...the road I took you on?

My 14 year old is more intuitive and smarter than you.

This brother get's it.

Thanks.

How is it possible to be racist against white people?

IM2 what’s the goal?

Fair enough.

Slade and I were having a grown mans conversation little boy. And you weren't part of it.
Ptbw likes to interrupt with ignorant statements. I have yet to see him saying anything worth thinking about

LMAO. You just cried that police target certain people. They do so because they believe they are more likely to commit a crime based on their intel. You then cried that white collar people don't get frisked. I said it was a false analogy and that the SEC does in fact target some over others. You agreed that Wells gets targeted more...because of past behavior.

See...the road I took you on?

My 14 year old is more intuitive and smarter than you.

I expected this was the direction you were going, but I wanted to make sure before I responded. I think your analogy is obviously flawed, and it fails in a way that demonstrates precisely the kind of prejudice that I'm talking about. Indeed, it is the kind of prejudice that I would expect a 14 year old to be able to spot.

So, in your new analogy, Wells Fargo stands in for black people, and BMAL for white people, or some other group. I would hope that just stating the analogy plainly makes the prejudice clear, but I'll spell it out anyway: Wells Fargo is a specific, individual entity with a history of illegal behavior. It's not unreasonable for their actions in relation to that kind of behavior to receive heightened scrutiny. The problem is that "black people" is not a good analogue to Wells Fargo, and treating it as such is explicitly prejudicial. Doing so involves treating millions of people as if they were literally known criminals with no individual reason to do so. It's a form of guilt-by-association where the association (race) does not actually provide any legitimate reason to suspect anyone of a crime.

A better analogue to Wells Fargo would be an individual with a history of crime, not an entire diffuse group of people, many of whom are entirely innocent and merely going about their day to day lives. So, if a police officer was more likely to pay attention to the movements of some known thief when that thief was spotted in an unlikely area in the middle of the night, that would be defensible. Stopping people solely on the basis of their race is not.

IM2 what’s the goal?

Fair enough.

Awareness is great, but I’m curious about what message you are trying to spread and to who specifically and then what end result you are looking for

This brother get's it.

Thanks.

Rarely will anyone ever see a more ignorant question.

This brother get's it.

Thanks.

Rarely will anyone ever see a more ignorant question.

Hey PT, why don’t you just make a counter argument instead of always making lazy ass responses that go nowhere?

This brother get's it.

Thanks.

What is your definition of racism?

Fair enough.

Slade and I were having a grown mans conversation little boy. And you weren't part of it.
Ptbw likes to interrupt with ignorant statements. I have yet to see him saying anything worth thinking about
Classic projection from an idiot.

All IM2 does is make ignorant statements.

Fair enough.

Classic projection from an idiot.

All IM2 does is make ignorant statements.
So do you think making ignorant responses to his ignorant statements makes you look smart or something? Cause from the outside I can tell you that you sound like an idiot most of the time.

This brother get's it.

Thanks.

#1) Reason more are stopped. Statistically they commit more crime so they are going to be stopped more frequently. I am going to have my wife's car serviced more frequently than my own because she drives more.

#2) White folks aren't the ones with drugs in their car. LOL. Whites get arrested for meth very frequently and that holds the same penalty as blacks with crack.

#3) NW. Easy. Historical wealth builds on itself. Grandparents pass to parents pass to kids and so on. If I get a free house or a house at a discount I get a leg up. I am a 2nd generation American so I didn't have that advantage. Whites originally colonized the US so of course they have more generational wealth.

#4) Assets. I have no idea where he gets this data from but he is incorrect unless he is saying that black families are poor savers or excessive spenders.

He is preaching stupid white guilt and racial profiling. Individuals need to studied as individuals not as a group. Not all whites have an advantage over blacks and not all blacks are at a disadvantage. Labeling is terrible (example: College Applications).

America has the most prosperous Black people in the world.
The most famous Black people in the world are in America.
Not all white people are rich.
The system works for people who use it.
Be optimistic.

Forum List

Back