A Brief Presentation of White Privilege

A snippet from one of Brother Time Wise's many lectures covering the topic of white privilege

This brother get's it.

Again, before you post, please cite what, exactly, is he stating that's wrong, false, misleading or otherwise deceptive.

Thanks.

White priviledge is Racist for you "owes me white blue eyed debil. Why should I have to work for it if you will give it to me if I whine, cry and spit up enough."
I think racism is stupid. I

How is it possible to be racist against white people?

Rarely will anyone ever see a more ignorant question.

Hey PT, why don’t you just make a counter argument instead of always making lazy ass responses that go nowhere?

How about you raise your IQ by 40 points so you understand how stupid your response just was.

Otherwise you forfeit the entire legitimacy of "white privilege" arguments.

A snippet from one of Brother Time Wise's many lectures covering the topic of white privilege

This brother get's it.

Again, before you post, please cite what, exactly, is he stating that's wrong, false, misleading or otherwise deceptive.

Thanks.

White priviledge is Racist for you "owes me white blue eyed debil. Why should I have to work for it if you will give it to me if I whine, cry and spit up enough."
I think racism is stupid. I

How is it possible to be racist against white people?

What is your definition of racism?

There is one race the human race with almost infinite variation among members. Any belief one variation is somehow superior, malevolent, or inferior is stupid.

Fair enough.

Awareness of that reality is something that would go towards the goal. But really I feel that whites should already know what the goal is.
The goal for you is complete and utter black supremacy.

Slade and I were having a grown mans conversation little boy. And you weren't part of it.
Ptbw likes to interrupt with ignorant statements. I have yet to see him saying anything worth thinking about
Classic projection from an idiot.

All IM2 does is make ignorant statements.
So do you think making ignorant responses to his ignorant statements makes you look smart or something? Cause from the outside I can tell you that you sound like an idiot most of the time.
You literally can't look any more stupid than you do when you ask me to make a "counter argument" against the belief that you can't be racist to white people.

You don’t have to do anything, but I’m asking questions that I’m curious about. That’s what happens during discussions. You seem knowledable and passionate about the subject so I’d think you’d want to answer and explain your perspective.

It sounds like the answer is that the goal is to make whites more aware that they have privilege over blacks, is that right?

Fair enough.

Awareness of that reality is something that would go towards the goal. But really I feel that whites should already know what the goal is.

Slade and I were having a grown mans conversation little boy. And you weren't part of it.
Ptbw likes to interrupt with ignorant statements. I have yet to see him saying anything worth thinking about

What are you refering to? My posts demonstrate a deep understanding of pc bullshit.

Fair enough.

What are you refering to? My posts demonstrate a deep understanding of pc bullshit.
Why are you replying to me?

I haven't posted a reply to you in this thread I don't think.

LMAO. You just cried that police target certain people. They do so because they believe they are more likely to commit a crime based on their intel. You then cried that white collar people don't get frisked. I said it was a false analogy and that the SEC does in fact target some over others. You agreed that Wells gets targeted more...because of past behavior.

See...the road I took you on?

My 14 year old is more intuitive and smarter than you.

I expected this was the direction you were going, but I wanted to make sure before I responded. I think your analogy is obviously flawed, and it fails in a way that demonstrates precisely the kind of prejudice that I'm talking about. Indeed, it is the kind of prejudice that I would expect a 14 year old to be able to spot.

So, in your new analogy, Wells Fargo stands in for black people, and BMAL for white people, or some other group. I would hope that just stating the analogy plainly makes the prejudice clear, but I'll spell it out anyway: Wells Fargo is a specific, individual entity with a history of illegal behavior. It's not unreasonable for their actions in relation to that kind of behavior to receive heightened scrutiny. The problem is that "black people" is not a good analogue to Wells Fargo, and treating it as such is explicitly prejudicial. Doing so involves treating millions of people as if they were literally known criminals with no individual reason to do so. It's a form of guilt-by-association where the association (race) does not actually provide any legitimate reason to suspect anyone of a crime.

A better analogue to Wells Fargo would be an individual with a history of crime, not an entire diffuse group of people, many of whom are entirely innocent and merely going about their day to day lives. So, if a police officer was more likely to pay attention to the movements of some known thief when that thief was spotted in an unlikely area in the middle of the night, that would be defensible. Stopping people solely on the basis of their race is not.

WTF with the poetic language. In fact it is. Black people commit 50% of crimes and are 13% of the population. In inner city Baltimore or Chicago they will get more scrutiny and that comes from both black and white police officers. BAML is not "white people". LOL. White people in sketchy areas will get frisked as well. There are just fewer of them in the aforementioned Chicago and NY. Are you saying its racism that results in 70% of kids growing up with one parent, high HS drop out rates and high crime rates?

Police have their intel. They should follow it. You're not a police officer. Are you crying that 75% of the NBA is black? They get recruited at a much more aggressive pace to colleges for football and hoops as well? Why? Because they are better. That is not racism. It is just logic.

Why are you replying to me?

I haven't posted a reply to you in this thread I don't think.

SNAFU on me.

You don’t have to do anything, but I’m asking questions that I’m curious about. That’s what happens during discussions. You seem knowledable and passionate about the subject so I’d think you’d want to answer and explain your perspective.

It sounds like the answer is that the goal is to make whites more aware that they have privilege over blacks, is that right?

Fair enough.

So, he’s your other screen name?

Black people commit 50% of crimes and are 13% of the population.

This is the kind of gross exaggeration that people like you use to justify their prejudices, but your claim is false. I can't be sure, but I expect the error you are making is that you are conflating arrests on murder charges with all crime. Here, for example is FBI data on arrests for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. You'll see that it is true that blacks represent about 50-53% of arrests on murder charges. You'll also see that arrests for murder make up 0.1% of all arrests, and that overall blacks make up about 27% of arrests across all charges, or just about half of what you claimed, and of course it varies a lot by offense type.

I think you ought to bear in mind that this conversation began when I responded to a claim you made about racial disparities in police traffic stops. You wrote that "statistically they commit more crime so they are going to be stopped more frequently." I sincerely doubt that cops are very often stopping black drivers on any reasonable suspicion that they have recently committed murders, but of course I have no issue with an individual incident in which someone is stopped on some reasonable pretext. I have a problem with racial profiling. I would also note that this same data finds that blacks make up only 14% of DUI arrests, a type of crime that would seem much more relevant to police stops.

BAML is not "white people".

I think you've lost track of your own analogy.

Are you saying its racism that results in 70% of kids growing up with one parent, high HS drop out rates and high crime rates?

Yes, at least in part, and I think it would be useful to zoom out a little bit to the larger topic. Here is what I wrote previously:

The discussion about wealth and economic inequality between blacks and whites is really crucial to understanding some of the disparities in the criminal justice system, but the problem with your analysis is that you take it for granted that those disparities are the result of some neutral or otherwise innocent historical processes. But that's completely false, and also of course ignores that there are plenty of black folks in the US whose families have been here longer than many whites have.

But the bigger problem is that the wide disparities in income and wealth were explicitly created by racist policies over hundreds of years, many of which only ended within the last couple decades, while other (usually less overtly racist) policies continue. On this, I recommend the book The Color of Law. Discrimination in employment and education; Redlining, contract selling, block-busting, and other discriminatory housing practices (including explicitly racist federal loan policies, again cf. The Color of Law) by which the creation of concentrated poverty in segregated areas was accomplished; policies of mass incarceration; the previously mentioned disparities in law enforcement; all of these have contributed to the present levels of economic inequality which people like you use to justify their racial prejudices. But the game was always rigged, and you can't systematically steal the wealth of a people for hundreds of years and then reasonably expect those wounds to heal by themselves.

None of this is contradictory to the argument I'm making, which to sum up is that a long history of explicitly racist anti-black policy and discrimination, combined with the effects of segregation, have uniquely led to the the wealth and income disparities between whites and blacks in the US. This disparity, reinforced through the criminal justice system, creates a vicious cycle which is both self-sustaining and also contributes to racist beliefs.

Clearly I am arguing that racism is a part of the "vicious cycle" I've described. But the argument is also that the effects of past racism (which was even worse than in the present) are still felt. All of these things are intertwined, and it's not that easy to separate them: neighborhoods of concentrated poverty, single parent households (exacerbated by mass incarceration), crime, lack of economic mobility, discrimination, and so on.

Part of what makes racial stereotypes about criminality and poverty so pernicious is the way these things are self-sustaining. So, I do not think it's racist to observe that there are racial disparities in crime rates. I think that those disparities indicate a problem that we ought to pay attention to. Why do these disparities exist, not just in crime but in wealth, income, education, and so on? No reasonable answers can be given to those questions if we ignore the actual history of racism in the US, which is why I provided so many links, and have referenced several books about that history.

The racist answer is to ignore all of that and insist that somehow blacks are just inherently criminal, or inherently possess some "culture of poverty". Whether the appeal is to genes or culture, the defining feature of these answers is the desire to absolve broader social institutions of any responsibility. The desire is to proclaim that racial inequality is natural and inevitable and therefore no social problem at all. That's the problem with ceasing to think after proclaiming (falsely) that blacks commit 50% of the crimes and so obviously just deserve to be stopped more. No one with any understanding of the history and the available research will reach that conclusion. Of course the problems are bigger than the police, and can't be fixed just by changing policing strategies. But community police departments should be aware of these issues and try to at least avoid making them worse. Racial profiling makes it worse, and also (as I pointed out before) doesn't even work. So police departments should avoid doing it.

Police have their intel. They should follow it. You're not a police officer.

Again, we were talking about racial profiling in police traffic stops. Remember that the principle I suggested is that police should not stop people absent some reasonable cause to suspect a crime. I have no objection to police acting on legitimate suspicion. I have a problem with racial profiling.

This brother get's it.

Thanks.
That's right folks don't touch that dial! Never mind the man behind the curtain! Well, let the inner troll in you respond.

Black people commit 50% of crimes and are 13% of the population.

This is the kind of gross exaggeration that people like you use to justify their prejudices, but your claim is false. I can't be sure, but I expect the error you are making is that you are conflating arrests on murder charges with all crime. Here, for example is FBI data on arrests for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. You'll see that it is true that blacks represent about 50-53% of arrests on murder charges. You'll also see that arrests for murder make up 0.1% of all arrests, and that overall blacks make up about 27% of arrests across all charges, or just about half of what you claimed, and of course it varies a lot by offense type.

I think you ought to bear in mind that this conversation began when I responded to a claim you made about racial disparities in police traffic stops. You wrote that "statistically they commit more crime so they are going to be stopped more frequently." I sincerely doubt that cops are very often stopping black drivers on any reasonable suspicion that they have recently committed murders, but of course I have no issue with an individual incident in which someone is stopped on some reasonable pretext. I have a problem with racial profiling. I would also note that this same data finds that blacks make up only 14% of DUI arrests, a type of crime that would seem much more relevant to police stops.

BAML is not "white people".

I think you've lost track of your own analogy.

Are you saying its racism that results in 70% of kids growing up with one parent, high HS drop out rates and high crime rates?

Yes, at least in part, and I think it would be useful to zoom out a little bit to the larger topic. Here is what I wrote previously:

The discussion about wealth and economic inequality between blacks and whites is really crucial to understanding some of the disparities in the criminal justice system, but the problem with your analysis is that you take it for granted that those disparities are the result of some neutral or otherwise innocent historical processes. But that's completely false, and also of course ignores that there are plenty of black folks in the US whose families have been here longer than many whites have.

But the bigger problem is that the wide disparities in income and wealth were explicitly created by racist policies over hundreds of years, many of which only ended within the last couple decades, while other (usually less overtly racist) policies continue. On this, I recommend the book The Color of Law. Discrimination in employment and education; Redlining, contract selling, block-busting, and other discriminatory housing practices (including explicitly racist federal loan policies, again cf. The Color of Law) by which the creation of concentrated poverty in segregated areas was accomplished; policies of mass incarceration; the previously mentioned disparities in law enforcement; all of these have contributed to the present levels of economic inequality which people like you use to justify their racial prejudices. But the game was always rigged, and you can't systematically steal the wealth of a people for hundreds of years and then reasonably expect those wounds to heal by themselves.

None of this is contradictory to the argument I'm making, which to sum up is that a long history of explicitly racist anti-black policy and discrimination, combined with the effects of segregation, have uniquely led to the the wealth and income disparities between whites and blacks in the US. This disparity, reinforced through the criminal justice system, creates a vicious cycle which is both self-sustaining and also contributes to racist beliefs.

Clearly I am arguing that racism is a part of the "vicious cycle" I've described. But the argument is also that the effects of past racism (which was even worse than in the present) are still felt. All of these things are intertwined, and it's not that easy to separate them: neighborhoods of concentrated poverty, single parent households (exacerbated by mass incarceration), crime, lack of economic mobility, discrimination, and so on.

Part of what makes racial stereotypes about criminality and poverty so pernicious is the way these things are self-sustaining. So, I do not think it's racist to observe that there are racial disparities in crime rates. I think that those disparities indicate a problem that we ought to pay attention to. Why do these disparities exist, not just in crime but in wealth, income, education, and so on? No reasonable answers can be given to those questions if we ignore the actual history of racism in the US, which is why I provided so many links, and have referenced several books about that history.

The racist answer is to ignore all of that and insist that somehow blacks are just inherently criminal, or inherently possess some "culture of poverty". Whether the appeal is to genes or culture, the defining feature of these answers is the desire to absolve broader social institutions of any responsibility. The desire is to proclaim that racial inequality is natural and inevitable and therefore no social problem at all. That's the problem with ceasing to think after proclaiming (falsely) that blacks commit 50% of the crimes and so obviously just deserve to be stopped more. No one with any understanding of the history and the available research will reach that conclusion. Of course the problems are bigger than the police, and can't be fixed just by changing policing strategies. But community police departments should be aware of these issues and try to at least avoid making them worse. Racial profiling makes it worse, and also (as I pointed out before) doesn't even work. So police departments should avoid doing it.

Police have their intel. They should follow it. You're not a police officer.

Again, we were talking about racial profiling in police traffic stops. Remember that the principle I suggested is that police should not stop people absent some reasonable cause to suspect a crime. I have no objection to police acting on legitimate suspicion. I have a problem with racial profiling.

Reading zero of this. You are a long winded bore.

Zzzzz

This brother get's it.

Thanks.

I am guessing that we will someday see MarcATL on the evening news surrounded by a swat team.

The Brotherhood of MarcATL, IM2, Asclepias, et al confirms the victim hood mentality of the hate filled Black Liberal Left. They will most likely remain victims until their dying days, no matter how many White Supremacist threads they start. The list of Black Conservatives is long and powerful, these few individuals will wallow in their own self pity for years, maybe decades to come...

There is no such thing as this so called black victimhood mentality. That term is just white racist gaslighting. Black conservatives only enable white racism.

Evidently you don’t understand what you’re saying then...

There is no such thing as white privilege. It’s a phony, discriminatory concept that far left loons like you subscribe to in order to justify your own mediocrity and failures of your rotting subculture
Coming from our resident racist MOD, this response is laughable at best.

tenor.gif

Hey, that was a great response.

So loaded with facts and information.....you stupid hypocrite.

So do you think making ignorant responses to his ignorant statements makes you look smart or something? Cause from the outside I can tell you that you sound like an idiot most of the time.
You literally can't look any more stupid than you do when you ask me to make a "counter argument" against the belief that you can't be racist to white people.
Yeah you can just make a point instead of throwing out your empty insults. It’s tired and ineffective

This brother get's it.

Thanks.

Your fake negro act is hysterical, Al Jolson

This brother get's it.

Thanks.

There is no such thing as white privilege. It’s a phony, discriminatory concept that far left loons like you subscribe to in order to justify your own mediocrity and failures of your rotting subculture

I laugh at this because your stupid ass doesn't seem to get that the person who described his and created the term is white. So what we see here is a mediocre mind, unable to think, repeating some dumb shit he gets told by whites due to the fact you are Asian and knows that if you kiss up to whites you hope to gain acceptability. But go against one of these white people and they show you what they think your place is,. I've read them do it to you. And still you kiss their butts.. You are part of a loser subculture which is truly what is rotting this nation.

one person creating a term doesn't make it so

Forum List

Back