A Brief Presentation of White Privilege

Both sides make valid points. Historically and generically whites have bennifited from and advanced from a discriminatory system. I think that is an important point to recognize.

On the other side we have to look at how we interpret and discuss this history and be sure not to play the victim card too hard. Values, hard work, and perseverance should still be taught and promoted. Some of the avanues I see these discussions go down can be counter productive as the stir up resentment and give excuses for mediocrity and lack luster efforts. That’s the last thing we need

There is no other side. And we don't have to look at how we interpret history. The facts are what they are. There is no victim card. We have worked far harder, far longer than whites and for far less. That's not to be ignored. Yet we have to endure lectures about values hard work and other things from a people handed everything they have by the government, too lazy to work free land so thy enslave people and still today are dependent upon the government. I think is just time whites stopped thinking we give a damn about your resentment. Why should we since whites have not cared whether or not what you guys do create resentment in us and that you've done so since 1776? What whites have done since July 4, 1776 is what has been counterproductive.
No you haven't worked far harder and longer.Yes, some blacks have, but to lump them as one is stupid.What today is handed to whites only from the government? You never answer this question because you lie.

There is no such thing as white privilege. It’s a phony, discriminatory concept that far left loons like you subscribe to in order to justify your own mediocrity and failures of your rotting subculture
Okay since you're not white maybe you can explain what you would call it when the laws designate one group of people to be superior because they're white and another group of people to be inferior because they're black or "of African descent".

A privilege is defined by the dictionary as "a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people" so how do you figure that white people as a race have not been the beneficiaries of "white privilege" irrespective of anything that they may have done or not done but simply due to their being a member of the white race?
yes, history, many years ago,there was white privilege. Not so much today, it is more status privilege. Money talks

A snippet from one of Brother Time Wise's many lectures covering the topic of white privilege

This brother get's it.

Again, before you post, please cite what, exactly, is he stating that's wrong, false, misleading or otherwise deceptive.

Thanks.

White priviledge is Racist for you "owes me white blue eyed debil. Why should I have to work for it if you will give it to me if I whine, cry and spit up enough."
I think racism is stupid. I

And that's why you practice it. This term was created by a white woman fruitcake.

when white people say something against whites, you are all in and agree, when black people say something against blacks, they are called uncle toms and traitors by blacks. Just because a white woman coined a phrase, doesn't make it the gospel.

A snippet from one of Brother Time Wise's many lectures covering the topic of white privilege

This brother get's it.

Again, before you post, please cite what, exactly, is he stating that's wrong, false, misleading or otherwise deceptive.

Thanks.

White priviledge is Racist for you "owes me white blue eyed debil. Why should I have to work for it if you will give it to me if I whine, cry and spit up enough."
I think racism is stupid. I

How is it possible to be racist against white people?

Hating white people just because they are white, distrusting white people just because they are white, etc. etc.

This brother get's it.

Thanks.

You REALLY need an excuse why you're not making it big in this world...don't you, Marc! Gotta be "the man" keeping you down...right? Couldn't just be that you're not that smart and not that hard working! Nah, gotta be some white guy's getting what you SHOULD be getting!

yes, history, many years ago,there was white privilege. Not so much today, it is more status privilege. Money talks
White people lying and getting black people fired, removed from places of public accomodations, confronted by the police, stopped by the police, shot by the police with no repercussions - that has been happening since black people first arrived on these shores and it is still happening TODAY, it's all over the news.

Can you imagine being targeted and harassed on a regular basis when you haven't been engaged in unlawful activity and you have no recourse and can't do anything to force it to stop? And then on top of that, you have a bunch of people telling you that the things that you've been experiencing don't exist and therefore they could not have happened to you.

Is it really impossible for you to not just imagine this but to see that this is happening all around you in the world we live in TODAY?

Notice Tim Wise never talks about punishment or the death penalty for white supremacists ?

When Tim Wise starts talking punishing white supremacist and when I say punishments I'm talking long term prison sentences then I'll start him seriously

Let him talk about killing the white supremacist in SA. I don't wanna hear no lecture Tim. I've heard it before white man from black people who are more articulate than you.

Last edited:
Notice Tim Wise never talks about punishment or the death penalty for white supremacists ?

When Tim Wise starts talking punishing white supremacist and when I say punishments I'm talking long term prison sentences then I'll start him seriously

Let him talk about killing the white supremacist in SA. I don't wanna hear no lecture Tim. I've heard it before white man from black people who are more articulate than you.

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Hello, Paul. In your opinion is America's population of apparent slow-to-evolve, ignorant 'white supremacists' responsible for large numbers of our Nation's most precious and cherished assets experiencing, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, an UNHEALTHY, traumatic, potentially life scarring childhood and teen upbringing fraught with Struggles, PAIN, Hardships, COMMUNITY FEAR, Frustrations, Uncertainty, Depression, Sorrow, Sadness, Torment, Demeaning Government Handouts, Resentment, HATE and COMMUNITY VIOLENCE!

POVERTY toya graham .jpg

Emotionally ill American Mom Sharing Her illness With Her Children and Police"

Peace.
___

So you are admitting you are an ardent racist. The book I suggested to you is Booker T Washingtons autobiography. I read it when I was quite young and it is one of the few books that effected my life from then until now. I keep copies to pass along to people of every class I think might benefit from it. Racism is nothing more than an excuse for failure to be what one wants. I see now you are so mired in the quicksand of self pity you are doomed to drown in it. So sad so sad.
@IM2 has stated time, and time, and time again that he's led a successful life and continues to do so. I tend to believe him.

Either you don't or you're choosing to ignore him.

So which one is it? Because you can't continue to post this claptrap over, and over, and over again and be listening to what he's saying.

A snippet from one of Brother Time Wise's many lectures covering the topic of white privilegeThis brother get's it. Again, before you post, please cite what, exactly, is he stating that's wrong, false, misleading or otherwise deceptive.Thanks.
`
Burden of Proof Fallacy. The person making the claim has the burden of proof to substantiate the claim, not vice versa.
Have you listened to the claim dodo?

Somewhere around 11.30 he's claiming members of the 'dominant group' of (goes back a number of years) stated there 'is no problem' as an indication of denial.

He's right, but constraining that to American history is what is wrong here

Because the human race's entire history has been one of subjugation since the cromagnons had it out with the neaderthals.

To this day that is the social gestalt in many countries around this rock ,and may i point out many have not evolved to any civil rights level, nor wish to
>>>>Shocking Statistics, Encouraging Commitments at United Nations « Free the Slaves

The least we can say is America created an awareness ,along with some sort of effort in the 60's albeit's efficacy dubious

You see Marc, somewhere past all this denial, all the privelege ,victimhood ,appologists ,guilt fades away when one accepts the facts of human nature

~S~
So your underlying point is.....?

In a system of white supremacy I'm highly suspicious of Tim Wise. I understand what Tim Wise is trying to do but I hate the whole “Cult Of Tim Wise

People like Tim Wise know's perfectly well that many black people and people of color (a term he often likes to use) melt and go way over board when they think they have met good white people and he also knows that he has way more credibility than a black person who says the exact same thing do. I noticed the way MarcATL in his original post called him "Brother"....not once but twice
A snippet from one of Brother Time Wise's
This brother get's it.
The best killers in the jungle aren’t the animals who lay on the ground with their teeth open. The most effective killers are those animals who creep up slowly, catch you off guard, then strike.
I hear you.

I tend to refer to most decent human beings as "brother."

I don't use that term in reference to the many sub-humans and guttersnipe that you and I've seen abound.

That being said, I consider Brother Tim Wise to be a decent human being.

Remember, it was the decent whites that got lynched alongside and/or quicker than the blacks back in the Slavery/Jim Crow days.

I understand your suspicions though.

I was discussing facts, or attempting to reach an accurate understanding of the status quo as it really exists. I was not offering a commentary on what strategies would be most effective for social movements attempting to address the issues, at least not yet.

In the context of evaluating "white privilege" as a social movement framing, or a communications strategy, I do actually think that it creates some difficulties unnecessarily. I'm not sure it's the most useful way of framing the issue. So, we may agree on that. Mostly I just think that in order to be useful it's important to make clear that the "privilege" construct is relative. There are all kinds of ways to be relatively advantaged or disadvantaged, and not some strict hierarchy between them. I understand why some relatively poor white people hear the phrase and balk at the thought that they are more "privileged" in some absolute sense than a black multi-millionaire. The "privilege" concept requires also the concept of "intersectionality." I also understand that it's hard to get people to listen if you immediately put them on the defensive.

However, I also think it probably says something about our racial prejudices when merely pointing out that racial inequality exists is taken automatically to constitute "sowing division". And I also think that there's probably no real way forward on some of these issues unless more white Americans confront the reality of our history, unpleasant as that is. It seems very clear that the now-common (and utterly a-historical) attitude of "color-blindness" which treats any mention of race as "sowing discord" contributes directly to the maintenance of the status quo. On this point, the book Racism without Racists is excellent.
This statement and statements such as this can never be said enough.

I don’t know what resentment your talking about but I’m a white male and I hold no resentment towards blacks. I actually understand and agree with the grievances the “white privilege” narrative brings up. But then I ask what are we trying to do with it. Are we trying to make whites more aware so they are sympathetic to blacks? Are we trying to make blacks angry and resent whites? Are we trying to do something tangible like give blacks some of the wealth that whites have accumulated? If so then how? What is the goal here?
IM2 what’s the goal?

First off you end the assumption that a white woman declaring white privilege is going to make us more angry and resentful of whites since we already knew white privilege existed. McIntosh did not coin the term for blacks. She did so trying to make whites more aware. Of course most whites miss the fact she was not talking about money or wealth. Now why do I have to explain a goal for you?
You don’t have to do anything, but I’m asking questions that I’m curious about. That’s what happens during discussions. You seem knowledable and passionate about the subject so I’d think you’d want to answer and explain your perspective.

It sounds like the answer is that the goal is to make whites more aware that they have privilege over blacks, is that right?

Fair enough.

Awareness of that reality is something that would go towards the goal. But really I feel that whites should already know what the goal is.
Awareness is great, but I’m curious about what message you are trying to spread and to who specifically and then what end result you are looking for

I'm here in the race and racism section of a forum discussion race and racism. No one asks these whites here about what message they are trying send or what is the goal. Whites need to fight the racism they have within their own race. Instead you want ask everyone else what they are doing. Instead of asking me these questions you should be calling out and hammering the racists like ptwb instead of allowing his ignorance to go unchecked by members of his own race.

You see I was once an athlete and I did coach youth sports. I sports as you probably know you scout your opponent and look to find tendencies you can use in order to figure out ways to win. Black people are not going to stop white racism. White racists don't give a damn what we say to them. They depend upon those of their own race staying silent and think you doing so is you supporting their racism.

White racism will not be stopped by asking me what my message is. White racism will be stopped by whites stopping the racists in their own community.

This brother get's it.

Thanks.

#1) Reason more are stopped. Statistically they commit more crime so they are going to be stopped more frequently. I am going to have my wife's car serviced more frequently than my own because she drives more.

#2) White folks aren't the ones with drugs in their car. LOL. Whites get arrested for meth very frequently and that holds the same penalty as blacks with crack.

#3) NW. Easy. Historical wealth builds on itself. Grandparents pass to parents pass to kids and so on. If I get a free house or a house at a discount I get a leg up. I am a 2nd generation American so I didn't have that advantage. Whites originally colonized the US so of course they have more generational wealth.

#4) Assets. I have no idea where he gets this data from but he is incorrect unless he is saying that black families are poor savers or excessive spenders.

He is preaching stupid white guilt and racial profiling. Individuals need to studied as individuals not as a group. Not all whites have an advantage over blacks and not all blacks are at a disadvantage. Labeling is terrible (example: College Applications).

America has the most prosperous Black people in the world.
The most famous Black people in the world are in America.
Not all white people are rich.
The system works for people who use it.
Be optimistic.

Blah, Blah and Blah. A white woman made up the term white privilege and she did not mean wealth or money.

LMAO. You just cried that police target certain people. They do so because they believe they are more likely to commit a crime based on their intel. You then cried that white collar people don't get frisked. I said it was a false analogy and that the SEC does in fact target some over others. You agreed that Wells gets targeted more...because of past behavior.

See...the road I took you on?

My 14 year old is more intuitive and smarter than you.

I expected this was the direction you were going, but I wanted to make sure before I responded. I think your analogy is obviously flawed, and it fails in a way that demonstrates precisely the kind of prejudice that I'm talking about. Indeed, it is the kind of prejudice that I would expect a 14 year old to be able to spot.

So, in your new analogy, Wells Fargo stands in for black people, and BMAL for white people, or some other group. I would hope that just stating the analogy plainly makes the prejudice clear, but I'll spell it out anyway: Wells Fargo is a specific, individual entity with a history of illegal behavior. It's not unreasonable for their actions in relation to that kind of behavior to receive heightened scrutiny. The problem is that "black people" is not a good analogue to Wells Fargo, and treating it as such is explicitly prejudicial. Doing so involves treating millions of people as if they were literally known criminals with no individual reason to do so. It's a form of guilt-by-association where the association (race) does not actually provide any legitimate reason to suspect anyone of a crime.

A better analogue to Wells Fargo would be an individual with a history of crime, not an entire diffuse group of people, many of whom are entirely innocent and merely going about their day to day lives. So, if a police officer was more likely to pay attention to the movements of some known thief when that thief was spotted in an unlikely area in the middle of the night, that would be defensible. Stopping people solely on the basis of their race is not.

WTF with the poetic language. In fact it is. Black people commit 50% of crimes and are 13% of the population. In inner city Baltimore or Chicago they will get more scrutiny and that comes from both black and white police officers. BAML is not "white people". LOL. White people in sketchy areas will get frisked as well. There are just fewer of them in the aforementioned Chicago and NY. Are you saying its racism that results in 70% of kids growing up with one parent, high HS drop out rates and high crime rates?

Police have their intel. They should follow it. You're not a police officer. Are you crying that 75% of the NBA is black? They get recruited at a much more aggressive pace to colleges for football and hoops as well? Why? Because they are better. That is not racism. It is just logic.

Blacks don't commit 50 percent of the crimes. Not according to the FBI Uniform crime reports. The UCR says whites commit 70 percent of all crime.

Ad why do you only talk about the NBA?

Try again Jewish neo nazi.

Forum List

Back