A breakdown of who is really paying taxes

I'm pretty sure the failed stimulus spent money before Sep 30, 2009.

When did Bush sign the 2009 fiscal year budget?
There was no "failed" stimulus.

You call that success? LOL![/QUO
GWB did not sign the following
the failed stimulus
the use of tarp funds post 1-2009
Obama Will Sign Spending Bill Despite Earmarks | Fox News
Print Close
Obama Will Sign Spending Bill Despite Earmarks
Published March 02, 2009 | AP

His claim was this was a inherited 1.7 trillion dollar defict
about 50% was GWB
the end defict was 1.2 trillion,, most from the failed stimulus and job loss thru all of 2009

GWB did sign it for a reason

There was no "failed" stimulus.

You call that success? LOL![/QUO
GWB did not sign the following
the failed stimulus
the use of tarp funds post 1-2009
Obama Will Sign Spending Bill Despite Earmarks | Fox News
Print Close
Obama Will Sign Spending Bill Despite Earmarks
Published March 02, 2009 | AP
Oh bullshit!

CON$ervoFascists love THEIR earmarks. Your MessiahRushie did a complete flip-flop from the 2009 earmarks he called BRIBES, to Moochele Bachmann's earmarks that were revealed when she ran in the primaries!!! Earmarks went from bribes thwarting the will of the people to a response to the will of the people. :eusa_liar:

As I have shown over and over again, CON$ervoFascists are always on all sides of every issue depending on which way the wind blows at the moment. CON$ have no principles!!!!

March 11, 2009
RUSH: I see a president who won't veto this earmarks bill -- by the way, this omnibus, this is Earmarkulus.

The Battle Over Earmarks (Bribes)
November 08, 2010
RUSH: The problem with earmarks is that they are used as bribes to thwart the will of the people.

May 16, 2011
RUSH: I have never been one to base my entire view of a politician on whether or not they supported earmarks, 'cause it's not that much money. I understand the moral aspect and I understand that earmarks open up the opportunity for blackmail and this kind of thing. I understand all the arguments about them. You know, McCain hardly a purist, made earmarks the centerpiece of a failed presidential campaign. It just ain't that big a deal! It certainly is not enough to disqualify somebody from being pure. James Inhofe of Oklahoma, one of the leading conservatives in the Senate, insists that earmarks are actually a more responsive way to reach the voters -- respond to the voters, the will of the people -- than leaving such decisions to unelected bureaucrats. He wants to spend the money.

Last edited:
According to statistics compiled from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by the Tax Foundation, those people making above $50,000 had an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent, and carried 93.3 percent of the total tax burden.

In contrast, Americans making less than $50,000 had an effective tax rate of 3.5 percent and their total share of the tax burden was just 6.7 percent.

Americans making more than $250,000 had an effective tax rate of 23.4 percent and their total share of the tax burden was 45.7 percent.

Out of the 143 million tax returns that were filed with the IRS in 2010, 58 million – or 41 percent – of those filers were non-payers.

In other words, only 85 million actually paid taxes.
Americans Making Over $50,000 a Year Paid 93.3 Percent of All Taxes in 2010 | CNSNews.com

Everyone pays taxes. The person who makes 50k a year pays the same sales tax rate as the person who makes 250k per year; the same excise tax on gas, oil and tires; the same fees to enter national parks, the same rate of real estate taxes and assessments for water, sewer and garbage.

I have a good deal of empathy for the working poor and none for callous conservatives like you. What would Jesus do? He'd kick your ass out out of the temple.

Very deceptive use of language. First off, most married filers file joint returns, yet you use the term "people" to obscure that. Second, and more importantly, you use the term "taxes" instead of "income taxes". Even people making under $50K pay significant taxes. They'd include excise taxes on phone bills, tobacco, alcohol, tires, gasoline, etc..

listen retard.. it was clear he was talking about FEDERAL INCOME TAX.. and if you're too damn poor to pay taxes you should not be buying tobacco and alcohol,, why should the taxpayers subsidize you're nasty addictions?

It wasn't clear, assmonkey. There's a whole lot more to paying a fair share than federal income tax. Are you really this fucking stupid?

Federal income taxes you mean, ya brainwashed ignoramus- take all taxes and fees going to ALL gov't, and the rich and corporations pay the LOWEST percentage. Brilliant Pubcrappe, great if you want a banana republic.

According to statistics compiled from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by the Tax Foundation, those people making above $50,000 had an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent, and carried 93.3 percent of the total tax burden.

In contrast, Americans making less than $50,000 had an effective tax rate of 3.5 percent and their total share of the tax burden was just 6.7 percent.

Americans making more than $250,000 had an effective tax rate of 23.4 percent and their total share of the tax burden was 45.7 percent.

Out of the 143 million tax returns that were filed with the IRS in 2010, 58 million – or 41 percent – of those filers were non-payers.

In other words, only 85 million actually paid taxes.
Americans Making Over $50,000 a Year Paid 93.3 Percent of All Taxes in 2010 | CNSNews.com

And lest we forget, of those 58 million who PAID no taxes, better than half got a refund LARGER than the amount they lent to the government.
And you can thank the GOP for that!!!

Bush's tax cuts doubled the number of people who pay no income taxes, and the assholes who bitch the loudest about those 58 million want to make the Bush tax cuts PERMANENT, so they can permanently piss and moan about it!!! :cuckoo:

Bush tax cuts stuck it to The Man.

And lest we forget, of those 58 million who PAID no taxes, better than half got a refund LARGER than the amount they lent to the government.
And you can thank the GOP for that!!!

Bush's tax cuts doubled the number of people who pay no income taxes, and the assholes who bitch the loudest about those 58 million want to make the Bush tax cuts PERMANENT, so they can permanently piss and moan about it!!! :cuckoo:

Bush tax cuts stuck it to The Man.

really?
I am the man
the 75k a year work aholic
with my tax savings I bought a travel trailer and a pick up truck with cash from 01- to 12

that is jobs and that does not happen without those tax savings

Forum List

Back