Michelle says Obama like Jesus...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Apr 17, 2012.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,856
    Now Michelle joins the Editor of NewsWeek claiming
    Michelle Obama made a remarkable claim when talking up her husband, President Barack Obama, at a campaign event earlier today in Nashville, Tennessee.

"I am so in," Michelle Obama said toward the end of her remarks. "I am going to be working so hard. We have an amazing story to tell.
    This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."

The crowd of nearly 450 folks applauded as the first lady likened her husband to a Jesus-like figure.

In the book of Matthew, we read, "the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up." (Matthew 4:16) The phrase is used to describe the words Jesus preached.

In Micah, light, however, is a reference to God's words. "Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me," it says in Micah 7:8.
    Either way, in religious terms, light is used to denote the true path, presented either by God or a savior. Or by Barack Obama.
    Michelle Obama: 'This President Has Brought Us Out of the Dark and Into the Light' | The Weekly Standard

2. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,856
    Obama's STASH!!!

Fast forward two-and-a-half years. This time, people in NYC are lining up because they heard that people were getting a debit card loaded with as much as $1,000 of stimulus money. However, based on the latest information, there is no money to be given away. And yet people continue to line up and turn over their sensitive, personal information.

E & M Multi-Services is a tax preparation service that operates out of the back of a “dollar store” in the Fordham section of the Bronx. The company is reportedly collecting copies of Social Security cards, state ID cards and in exchange people are given a debit card from First California Bank. One small problem with this program — the cards are not loaded with $1,000 — not from Obama or anyone. Although, at least one person on the scene believed that the card would contain funds from President Obama:

“They said it was money from Obama.”

3. Conservative

Conservative Type 40

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    you have GOT to be shitting me. saying she compared Obama to Jesus with her remarks is possibly the most asinine thing I have ever seen on this board.

NEG.

4. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,856
    You know there have been some intelligent people that voted for Obama primarily because he was black as they really didn't know that much about him.

But today.. after 3 years and countless examples like his wife alluding to his "lightness" or Evan Thomas editor of NewsWeek stating Obama is like a God..
    we have those people that really believe Obama has a stash of money!

So to you few intelligent people that voted for Obama.. AREN'T you just a little embarrassed?
    Aren't you a little insulted to know that people like these ALSO voted for Obama like you did?

ROGULSKI: Why are you here?
    WOMAN #1: To get some money.
    ROGULSKI: What kind of money?
    WOMAN #1: Obama money.
    ROGULSKI: Where's it coming from?
    WOMAN #1: Obama.
    ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get it?
    WOMAN #1: I don't know, his stash. I don't know. (laughter) I don't know where he got it from,
    but he givin' it to us, to help us.
    WOMAN #2: And we love him.
    WOMAN #1: We love him. That's why we voted for him!
    WOMEN: (chanting) Obama! Obama! Obama! (laughing)
    "I wont have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage..
    You know, If I help him, he's gonna help me." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slUBWQ1AUEg"

Aren't you few intelligent people that voted for Obama just a little ashamed to be associated with such naive, ignorance?

5. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,856
    Did you READ the entire article?

Did you read her REFERENCING OBAMA AS THE LIGHT??

Obama believes he is the Messiah!!!

"a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ...
    and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" -
    Barack Obama Lebanon, New Hampshire. January 7, 2008.

Why do you think photos like these are all over the white house???
    [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

6. Joshuatree

Joshuatree VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I was disapointed when I read this, when I saw the title, I thought Michele had actually compared Obama to Jesus. :D But well anyway it was a very stupid remark indeed.

7. Conservative

Conservative Type 40

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    From the OP...
    It is painfully obvious to everyone who is not a blind partisan hack (on either side), that she was not speaking in religious terns. Therefore, no comparison to God exists, except in the minds of those who wish it to be there for their own reasons.

Also, please state which locations in the White House those specific pictures are displayed in. :rolleyes:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Nova78

Nova78 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Bow and Lick my boots simpleton.:lol::lol:
    $pict27.jpg

9. KevinWestern

KevinWestern Hello

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +535

So, Michelle saying that Obama "brought us out of the dark and into the light" is the same as her saying “my husband is like Jesus”?

Talk about a stretch.

Total non-story, and I think you’re trying to make something out of nothing here to suit your own agendas and personal bias. This is almost akin to when people hear Obama say something nice about the Muslim culture, or a Muslim nation, and then spin it as “proof” that he’s Muslim. Give me a break.

Focus on things that actually matter, and try to keep the discussion a bit more honest and admirable.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  10. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,856
    EXCUSE ME!!!
    BUT I didn't SAY THAT... the reporter did.. so Don't be calling me names!

The crowd of nearly 450 folks applauded as the first lady likened her husband to a Jesus-like figure.

So, Michelle saying that Obama "brought us out of the dark and into the light" is the same as her saying “my husband is like Jesus”?