A blast from the past

Blaster

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2022

I really love the era in which I grew up in. 1970-1999. But, the good old days of uneducated unskilled labor making a lot of money were about to be over. The Greatest Generation gave the Baby Boomers everything then the Boomers took over and told us we can no longer expect to have it as good as they had it.

But still, life was good for us. Our parents were able to retire with pensions, savings, social security and medicare and we could afford college and didn't want to work those blue collar jobs anyways. They were GREAT for our parents but we are educated so we got white collar jobs. And college didn't put us into debt.

So I grew up in the 70's and 80's. I can remember the mid to late 70's. Loved the music. No wars. Viet Nam was over. Soon Reagan would win the Cold War. My entire life, no major wars. Until Iraq in the 2000's and Afganistan. I didn't love 80's music but today I do. I LOVED the 90's R&B and Hip Hop. I'd say the 90's was the best for music and the 80's was the best for classic movies.

I really love the era in which I grew up in. 1970-1999. But, the good old days of uneducated unskilled labor making a lot of money were about to be over. The Greatest Generation gave the Baby Boomers everything then the Boomers took over and told us we can no longer expect to have it as good as they had it.

But still, life was good for us. Our parents were able to retire with pensions, savings, social security and medicare and we could afford college and didn't want to work those blue collar jobs anyways. They were GREAT for our parents but we are educated so we got white collar jobs. And college didn't put us into debt.

So I grew up in the 70's and 80's. I can remember the mid to late 70's. Loved the music. No wars. Viet Nam was over. Soon Reagan would win the Cold War. My entire life, no major wars. Until Iraq in the 2000's and Afganistan. I didn't love 80's music but today I do. I LOVED the 90's R&B and Hip Hop. I'd say the 90's was the best for music and the 80's was the best for classic movies.
I can see what's inside my fridge on my phone while I'm at the store. Baby boomers ain't shit.

Forum List

Back