A bet with anti-gunners

On the right, we believe that no matter what gun laws are created, the bad guys will always find access to firearms.
This delusion is shattered by the simple fact that advanced countries with strict gun laws have not only less gun homicides, they have lower homicide rates, period.

So you don't need to make a wager. You've already lost the bet. You just need to open your eyes.

I will wager, however, that you WON'T open your eyes and will keep them firmly shut.

And it's as I said repeatedly, you leftists think it's the lack of guns responsible instead of the people. Take all the guns we have here and give them to those people in the countries you speak of, and there will be little if any change in both countries.

Take all the guns out of the inner-city and give them to the people in a nice middle-class suburb. Same thing, nothing will change in either area. You still won't be able to walk down the street at night in the ghetto and still be able to walk anytime in the nice middle-class suburb.
Yes gangs are killing each other over who sells drugs 2 Suburbanites.

Yes, and what are gangs, guns or people?

Giving or taking guns from people won't change the people. Evil people will still be evil and good people will still be good people.

everyone just decided to get lazy and take crappy jobs,

And who's fault is that?
That's all there are. Thanks GOP for the investment in training and education for good jobs. They've all gone to Germany Etc.

Jobs left because of unions and government costs. I work with industry every day and have seen them leave first hand. Unions misled people into believing that good paying monkey jobs would be in the US forever.
Menial manufacturing jobs left because of competition from poor countries as is natural with free trade. The GOP refuses to to invest in training and education 4 Millions of good jobs that have gone 2 smart countries like Germany... Great job. Must save the rich!

No, it's not natural free trade. Unions destroyed our leverage there. We allowed them to out price the US in the world market.

Take all the guns we have here and give them to those people in the countries you speak of, and there will be little if any change in both countries.
Ipse dixit.

Just as I said. You will keep your eyes firmly shut. That means you have missed the target.

Basically no one is for taking away any guns. It's about background checks and maybe Banning sales of assault rifles because nut job mental cases just love them
Background checks in exchange for no restrictions. Compromise or fuck off.

No background checks, no restrictions, no infringements.
In other words crazies, criminals and domestic abusers should have guns?

In other words adhere to the Constitution and not infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms.

The crime should never be the possession of the firearm but the crime done by the firearm.

I know that concept of liberty is hard for you stupid Moon Bats to understand.

On the right, we believe that no matter what gun laws are created, the bad guys will always find access to firearms.
This delusion is shattered by the simple fact that advanced countries with strict gun laws have not only less gun homicides, they have lower homicide rates, period.

So you don't need to make a wager. You've already lost the bet. You just need to open your eyes.

I will wager, however, that you WON'T open your eyes and will keep them firmly shut.

And it's as I said repeatedly, you leftists think it's the lack of guns responsible instead of the people. Take all the guns we have here and give them to those people in the countries you speak of, and there will be little if any change in both countries.

Take all the guns out of the inner-city and give them to the people in a nice middle-class suburb. Same thing, nothing will change in either area. You still won't be able to walk down the street at night in the ghetto and still be able to walk anytime in the nice middle-class suburb.

Giving or taking guns from people won't change the people. Evil people will still be evil and good people will still be good people.
People who can buy guns all over the place without a background check.

They aren't evil, they are minorities who have been discriminated against by racist anti-poor GOP leaders and don't want to work at McDonald's for minimum wage. This has Been going on forever. Time 2 end the war on drugs and blacks. And fix the background check nonsystem.

everyone just decided to get lazy and take crappy jobs,

And who's fault is that?
That's all there are. Thanks GOP for the investment in training and education for good jobs. They've all gone to Germany Etc.

Jobs left because of unions and government costs. I work with industry every day and have seen them leave first hand. Unions misled people into believing that good paying monkey jobs would be in the US forever.
Menial manufacturing jobs left because of competition from poor countries as is natural with free trade. The GOP refuses to to invest in training and education 4 Millions of good jobs that have gone 2 smart countries like Germany... Great job. Must save the rich!

No, it's not natural free trade. Unions destroyed our leverage there. We allowed them to out price the US in the world market.
You missed the solution as always. Unions were broken decades ago. Thanks GOP.

Basically no one is for taking away any guns. It's about background checks and maybe Banning sales of assault rifles because nut job mental cases just love them

In other words adhere to the Constitution and not infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms.

The crime should never be the possession of the firearm but the crime done by the firearm.

80% want background checks fixed, even after years of fox etc etc going on and on and on LOL...

80% want background checks fixed, even after years of fox etc etc going on and on and on LOL...

80% don't understand background checks, do you? Ask those 80% if we currently have background checks and the majority will say no...because they don't follow the issue.....ask the 80% if they will be willing to register their guns in order to have universal background checks, and inform them that every country that has had gun registration later confiscates guns...see how many like background checks then....

They aren't evil, they are minorities who have been discriminated against by racist anti-poor GOP leaders and don't want to work at McDonald's for minimum wage. This has Been going on forever. Time 2 end the war on drugs and blacks. And fix the background check nonsystem.

You can't buy guns all over the place without a background check, and criminals use straw buyers who can pass any background check to buy their guns...or they steal them. Mass shooters pass background checks or they steal their guns....

So...where is the magic to background checks?

In the many discussions of mass murders, the dichotomy is that anti-gunners think they have the solution by restrictions on guns. The pro-gunners think that the way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Very differing opinions indeed.

On the right, we believe that no matter what gun laws are created, the bad guys will always find access to firearms. The left? They believe criminals will obey any and all laws. On the right, we believe (as has been demonstrated in Europe) that even if we could make all guns illegal, that won't stop killers. On the left, they believe that if a mental person doesn't have access to guns, they will take up video games instead. Now to the bet..........

Let's say that the Congress agreed to create a law that read we will give anti-gunners anything they want to stop mass murders (name your poison). The bill would be set to expire in four years. Now if within that time, we see one more mass murder (guns or otherwise) the law would prohibit any further gun restriction legislation for 50 years. If within that time, the law stops all mass murders, we allow the left to keep it and even create more restrictions.

Would any anti-gunner be willing to make this wager?

The reason I ask is that I don't think for one minute the anti-gunners really believe any of their demands would stop mass murders, or even reduce them. It's just something to complain about because we are against their suggestions.

What is “anti gun” about by wanting children, crazies, criminals or domestic abuses to have weapons?

Maybe you should let go or the NRA misreprepesentatioms

So you think taking guns away from law abiding people, while criminals, crazies, and domestic abusers are armed..... is a brilliant solution?
What guns are being taken away? All guns?
Unless they are crazy, criminals or domestic a users no one wants their guns. So why do you think they’re hysterical and foaming at the mouth?
They are sheep, and the NRA is putting the fear in them...

You can't buy guns all over the place without a background check, and criminals use straw buyers who can pass any background check to buy their guns...or they steal them. Mass shooters pass background checks or they steal their guns....

You keep making the same tired arguments. Laws don’t stop all mass killers...so why have them?

Well the make it more difficult and reduce the numbers.

I don't give a shit who "supports" background checks. Only an idiot would support background checks.

The Constitutional says very clearly that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed and the filthy ass background checks becomes permission by the government to enjoy that right. It is also an assumption of being presumed guilty before being proved innocent. That is on top of background checks not being worth a damn to stop crime.

Sounds like we need very strong laws against illegal guns.

I don't give a shit who "supports" background checks. Only an idiot would support background checks.

The Constitutional says very clearly that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed and the filthy ass background checks becomes permission by the government to enjoy that right. It is also an assumption of being presumed guilty before being proved innocent. That is on top of background checks not being worth a damn to stop crime.
Doesn't sound like well regulated to me...

You keep making the same tired arguments. Laws don’t stop all mass killers...so why have them?

Laws against abortions don’t stop them either. Funny how righteonuts don’t let that stop their BS

What??????

Laws against mass killers reduce the numbers? Show me one person that was going to kill a bunch of people but opted not to because of laws.

And who's fault is that?

You missed the solution as always. Unions were broken decades ago. Thanks GOP.

Nobody broke unions, it's just that even workers realized why they lost their job. It became less and less popular as they watched their companies pack their bags and head for higher ground.

Forum List

Back