A 30-year-old man is being sued by his parents because he refuses to leave home

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Lmfao who does this remind you of?

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — A couple in New York is turning to the courts to get their 30-year-old son out of the house.

In filings to the state’s Supreme Court, Christina and Mark Rotondo said they’ve been trying to get their son, Michael, to move out for moths.

They’ve issued him five written notices and even offered him money to pay for an apartment,

In a response, Michael Rotondo contends that the notices did not provide enough time for him to leave and says that during the eight years living with his parents, he’s never been expected to contribute to rent or household chores.

Residents in the area think he needs to hit the road.

“I feel bad for both of them, because he’s not learning anything by staying at home and he’s just wasting their time and money,” one neighbor said.

NY couple sues 30-year-old son to get him to move out :: WRAL.com

seems to me like a real LEGAL DILEMMA. On what grounds can parents EVICT their own offspring.
Years and years of living even in a rental apartment
without paying rent becomes grounds to declare
oneself a "LEGAL TENANT"---in my city. The landlord
has an UPHILL battle in order to evict such a "tenant"

Maybe start with having him at least get a good job. Kids like him are very rare however. I feel bad for young adults of today. Riding prices and stagnated wages. Medical insurance is astronomical but is an utmost necessity. Fifty thousand dollars per year today is laughable and doesn't permit one to save anything.

seems to me like a real LEGAL DILEMMA. On what grounds can parents EVICT their own offspring.
Years and years of living even in a rental apartment
without paying rent becomes grounds to declare
oneself a "LEGAL TENANT"---in my city. The landlord
has an UPHILL battle in order to evict such a "tenant"

I think you're talking about adverse possession- which wouldn't apply in this situation.

A degree in a field that is in demand is the only way to go. Things aren't going to get better anytime soon either.

Maybe start with having him at least get a good job. Kids like him are very rare however. I feel bad for young adults of today. Riding prices and stagnated wages. Medical insurance is astronomical but is an utmost necessity. Fifty thousand dollars per year today is laughable and doesn't permit one to save anything.

Fifty thousand dollars per year today is laughable and doesn't permit one to save anything

Jesus in Denmark maybe but not in queen creek Arizona

Should have been parents and raised him better when he was growing up.

They lived and spoiled him to much..

Probably...you have to prepare children for life. Coddling them and giving participation trophies isn't doing that. It's why millienals struggle
Yeah but when they go to school every day and have it pounded into their heads day after day, for years on end, that they are *entitled* to kind and generous treatment from their parents, when they are encouraged to take their problems to the school counselors instead of their parents, and when they are taught to view their parents as nothing more than meal tickets, while worshipping the state...

We're going to be seeing this a lot more. Kids are learning entitlement from school.

A degree in a field that is in demand is the only way to go. Things aren't going to get better anytime soon either.

No a job that requires a skill,damn I know pipe fitters making 5 grand a week up in Alaska

Probably...you have to prepare children for life. Coddling them and giving participation trophies isn't doing that. It's why millienals struggle
Yeah but when they go to school every day and have it pounded into their heads day after day, for years on end, that they are *entitled* to kind and generous treatment from their parents, when they are encouraged to take their problems to the school counselors instead of their parents, and when they are taught to view their parents as nothing more than meal tickets, while worshipping the state...

We're going to be seeing this a lot more. Kids are learning entitlement from school.

It all starts at home. But you're correct and why education is failing these kids...or in this case, man

Kids are learning entitlement from their parents first and foremost. My kids had one choice upon graduating.....college. Nothing else. No joining the military, no hanging around making a lousy 20 bucks an hour in an awful rotten factory. Once they had that degree then they could make choices.

It all starts at home. But you're correct and why education is failing these kids...or in this case, man

What I don't get the parents did this, what did they do just watch some movie?

The kid is used to do his mom doing everything..

I bet you his parents became republicans and started to watch fox news

I would’ve gone insane if I lived with parents until I was 30. Don’t get me wrong, they are lovely people, but their house is too loud and they bicker too much.

Nothing wrong with working a first job and living at home until one can afford rent and a vehicle, etc. Can't do that on a starting salary.

Medical insurance is astronomical but is an utmost necessity. Fifty thousand dollars per year today is laughable and doesn't permit one to save anything.
You are full of shit. The vast majority of young adults do not receive any benefits whatsoever from buying medical insurance. Financially, it is clearly in their best interests to tell the insurance companies to fuck off.

And if they get sick and can't afford insurance then what? Who pays? My kids were in my policy until they got high paying jobs that provided insurance. I wouldn't let them accept entry level jobs with no insurance because those are bad employers and jobs that schmucks apply for.

Forum List

Back