9th Street Ministries closing - thanks, Obamacare!

You apes think the people who used the clinic are going to be better taken care of by government institutions, than they were by fellow citizens who gave freely of themselves to help?

Obamacare just guaranteed the 'less fortunate' even less fortune.

But I guess in the mind of the mental retard (any leftist) the political score trumps empathy.

You do understand that ObamaCare incorporates privately owned insurance companies right? And that this was the Bob Dole/Heritage Foundation's alternative to HillaryCare right? And that Mitt Romney actually implemented this, right?

I understand what the article said. The rest of your post is fecal matter and just as useful.

ObamaCare is the law of the land.

Sucks to be you.

:D

You do understand that ObamaCare incorporates privately owned insurance companies right? And that this was the Bob Dole/Heritage Foundation's alternative to HillaryCare right? And that Mitt Romney actually implemented this, right?

I understand what the article said. The rest of your post is fecal matter and just as useful.

Sucks to be you.

Sucks to be you too; you are just too stupid to understand that. I guess you can be grateful for your intellectual impairment (assuming you can even decode that cipher).

Sucks to be you.

And so is illegal immigration

Can't have it both ways

-Geaux

Good news if it's no longer needed.

But,

The place was staffed by volunteers. :lol:

How do you know it was staffed by volunteers?

And how do you know it was not.

Buh-bye now.

I routinely have office hours in dozens of clinics similar to this one and I've never seen one that doesn't have a full time staff.

It's really sad that you insist on being rude to someone simply because they disagree with you.

News

It was announced last week that 9th Street Ministries will be concluding their medical clinic mission, which had been ongoing monthly to offer free medical services to those in need since first starting in 1998. The final day for the medical clinic will be Thursday, April 24, and that will conclude the mission that has been in place for almost 16 years.

“Because people are qualifying for insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, our free medical clinic will not be needed anymore,” Stacey Bowser RN, 9th Street Ministries Clinic Director, stated. “We’ve gone from seeing around 300 people a month on a regular basis, but as people were enrolling in Obamacare, the numbers we were seeing have dropped. We were down to 80 people that came through the medical clinic in February, all the way down to three people at the medical clinic in March. Our services won’t be needed anymore, and this will conclude our mission.”

The free medical clinic at 9th Street Ministries was started to reach out to those who could not qualify for Medicaid or Medicare, and did not have any other health insurance policy. If anyone has any form of health insurance, they then become ineligible to received the free medical clinic care through 9th Street Ministries.

“Once people are enrolled in Obamacare, we can’t see them anymore,” Bowser said. “This complete dropoff of numbers of people coming to the clinic is a result of all those who have successfully enrolled in an insurance policy now.”

The last day will officially be Thursday, April 24, and it will only be open until noon.

:eusa_clap:

Lots of foaming at the mouth by the right wing loons right about now:lol:

It’s also very sad and telling that the partisan right is actually angry that more Americans now have access to affordable healthcare.

Soooo, I am guessing they feel there will be no need from any illegals? I wonder why...

You apes think the people who used the clinic are going to be better taken care of by government institutions, than they were by fellow citizens who gave freely of themselves to help?

But I guess in the mind of the mental retard (any leftist) the political score trumps empathy.

I went to one of those clinics when I had no insurance after my divorce. I had hydrocele. Thier way of inspecting my condition was to have me drop my pants, turn off the light and put a flashlight behind my testicles, so high tech and well taken care of. I never went back.

Yes they will be better taken care of. And the charity can redirect its resources to whatever other cause it might wish to pursue.

Forum List

Back