9th Street Ministries closing - thanks, Obamacare!

Yes, it is.

So now something that was covered via charity and volunteerism is now being paid for by the taxpayer. How many of the people who used to use this actually got (subsidized) coverage, and how many just met the medicaid expansion?

Hmm..

Using my taxes to slaughter innocent Iraqis or save American lives.

That's a toughie.

But I'll go with saving Americans.

Hi Sallow
And how much effort have you or other war tax resisters invested
to collect back on taxes misspent on war and corrupt contracts, so that money COULD be used to pay for health care?

What about spending 130 million or paying lawyers on commission
to collect BACK on debts charged to taxpayers instead of charging us more money?

I AGREE with reforming the budget, and also believe in state reforms of prison budgets to pay for health care and education on that level.

I found some people willing to organize a campaign, movement and system of
issuing credit notes for restitution to the public to pay for reforms and programs we believe in.

Are you truly interested, or just saying that sarcastically
not expecting to really go after the war spending to reimburse taxpayers?

Last edited:
ObamaHalo1.jpg

Soros was right!

He's the One!

You can always have spent your money on it. you could have contributed to the clinic. you could have convinced others to contribute to the clinic. But you have taken the lazy way out by letting the government force others to perform charity via Medicaid.

That's the Statist way. They use government as a tool to force other people to do what they believe is right. This is always fine unless they aren't the ones doing the forcing. Then they cry that the other team is taking away their freedoms. You can not reason with these types of people. They lack cognition on any level.

its not the lack of cognition, its the fact that they think they are on the side of righteousness, and those who resist are enemies.

Same as the religious right who don't separate church and state but impose one way?

Isn't the lack of cognition, the lack of recognition they are doing the same thing?

ObamaHalo1.jpg

Soros was right!

He's the One!

Not yet, there is a period of FALSE PEACE, before the true peace is established.
The Antichrist is hailed first, performing all manner of miracles, before the true Christ.

Note: Antichrist = retribution or retributive justice
Christ Jesus = Restorative Justice, bringing justice and peace received by FREE will

One is imposed by force, fear, coercion; out of reaction, resistance or revenge "against".
One is accepted by free will out of grace and thanks, includes all people and makes us whole.

The people who are all inclusive are the meek who shall inherit the earth. They are not the elect who are fooled, but the remnants and servants at the bottom, the servants of all who shall be chiefs of all. By serving all people equally they earn authority and respect by all.

They unite and heal, they do not divide and conquer.

ObamaHalo1.jpg

Soros was right!

He's the One!

Not yet, there is a period of FALSE PEACE, before the true peace is established.
The Antichrist is hailed first, performing all manner of miracles, before the true Christ.

Note: Antichrist = retribution or retributive justice
Christ Jesus = Restorative Justice, bringing justice and peace received by FREE will

One is imposed by force, fear, coercion; out of reaction, resistance or revenge "against".
One is accepted by free will out of grace and thanks, includes all people and makes us whole.

The people who are all inclusive are the meek who shall inherit the earth. They are not the elect who are fooled, but the remnants and servants at the bottom, the servants of all who shall be chiefs of all. By serving all people equally they earn authority and respect by all.

They unite and heal, they do not divide and conquer.

Nice assertion but well above the heads of many...

Yes, it is.

So now something that was covered via charity and volunteerism is now being paid for by the taxpayer. How many of the people who used to use this actually got (subsidized) coverage, and how many just met the medicaid expansion?

Hmm..

That's a toughie.

Yabut, yer a commie pinko hippie dude.

:D

News

It was announced last week that 9th Street Ministries will be concluding their medical clinic mission, which had been ongoing monthly to offer free medical services to those in need since first starting in 1998. The final day for the medical clinic will be Thursday, April 24, and that will conclude the mission that has been in place for almost 16 years.

“Because people are qualifying for insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, our free medical clinic will not be needed anymore,” Stacey Bowser RN, 9th Street Ministries Clinic Director, stated. “We’ve gone from seeing around 300 people a month on a regular basis, but as people were enrolling in Obamacare, the numbers we were seeing have dropped. We were down to 80 people that came through the medical clinic in February, all the way down to three people at the medical clinic in March. Our services won’t be needed anymore, and this will conclude our mission.”

The free medical clinic at 9th Street Ministries was started to reach out to those who could not qualify for Medicaid or Medicare, and did not have any other health insurance policy. If anyone has any form of health insurance, they then become ineligible to received the free medical clinic care through 9th Street Ministries.

“Once people are enrolled in Obamacare, we can’t see them anymore,” Bowser said. “This complete dropoff of numbers of people coming to the clinic is a result of all those who have successfully enrolled in an insurance policy now.”

The last day will officially be Thursday, April 24, and it will only be open until noon.

:eusa_clap:

Lots of foaming at the mouth by the right wing loons right about now:lol:

Just keep paying in kiddies. Old fucks like me, we need you suckers, I mean Patriots. Please, keep paying insurance premiums, and lots of employment taxes. . I want my Social Security, free healthcare and anything else I can get. I don't even need the money, but since you're paying.....

Thanks!

News

It was announced last week that 9th Street Ministries will be concluding their medical clinic mission, which had been ongoing monthly to offer free medical services to those in need since first starting in 1998. The final day for the medical clinic will be Thursday, April 24, and that will conclude the mission that has been in place for almost 16 years.

“Because people are qualifying for insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, our free medical clinic will not be needed anymore,” Stacey Bowser RN, 9th Street Ministries Clinic Director, stated. “We’ve gone from seeing around 300 people a month on a regular basis, but as people were enrolling in Obamacare, the numbers we were seeing have dropped. We were down to 80 people that came through the medical clinic in February, all the way down to three people at the medical clinic in March. Our services won’t be needed anymore, and this will conclude our mission.”

The free medical clinic at 9th Street Ministries was started to reach out to those who could not qualify for Medicaid or Medicare, and did not have any other health insurance policy. If anyone has any form of health insurance, they then become ineligible to received the free medical clinic care through 9th Street Ministries.

“Once people are enrolled in Obamacare, we can’t see them anymore,” Bowser said. “This complete dropoff of numbers of people coming to the clinic is a result of all those who have successfully enrolled in an insurance policy now.”

The last day will officially be Thursday, April 24, and it will only be open until noon.

:eusa_clap:

Lots of foaming at the mouth by the right wing loons right about now:lol:

Foaming at the mouth, indeed. Can't follow a simple conversation - I can't fathom how he found his way online. Jayzus.

This is a great story because before Obamacare, these people depended on charity and taxpayers to pay all of their direct healthcare needs, which would be a lot more expensive than after Obamacare, where taxpayers help to pay for health insurance, which is so much cheaper to do than to have to cover people's healthcare costs without insurance.

It's a no-brainer. Total win-win for the people who now have coverage, as well as for taxpayers who don't have to end up paying astronomical bills for people in the form of higher premiums.

This is part of the reason why the CBO says Obamacare will actually cost less over the next decade than they originally thought.

In just the past 2 years, premiums have gone up just under 4% after 20 years of them going up at least 10-15% every year.

We're going in the right direction, finally.

Did somebody kick you in the head recently? "What did I assert?" GTFO, moron.

It was a simple question. If you can't answer it you can just simply say so. There's no need to be rude. It's too bad you're incapable of civil conversation.

You asserted that there was paid staff. Sorry you're incapable of following a simple conversation.

No, I clearly did not. I asked how you knew that the place was staffed by volunteers when you responded to someone else in a manner that implied that there were no jobs lost because it was staffed by volunteers.

You apes think the people who used the clinic are going to be better taken care of by government institutions, than they were by fellow citizens who gave freely of themselves to help?

Obamacare just guaranteed the 'less fortunate' even less fortune.

But I guess in the mind of the mental retard (any leftist) the political score trumps empathy.

You apes think the people who used the clinic are going to be better taken care of by government institutions, than they were by fellow citizens who gave freely of themselves to help?

But I guess in the mind of the mental retard (any leftist) the political score trumps empathy.

You do understand that ObamaCare incorporates privately owned insurance companies right? And that this was the Bob Dole/Heritage Foundation's alternative to HillaryCare right? And that Mitt Romney actually implemented this, right?

You do understand that ObamaCare incorporates privately owned insurance companies right? And that this was the Bob Dole/Heritage Foundation's alternative to HillaryCare right? And that Mitt Romney actually implemented this, right?

I understand what the article said. The rest of your post is fecal matter and just as useful.

Hmm..

That's a toughie.

You can always have spent your money on it. you could have contributed to the clinic. you could have convinced others to contribute to the clinic. But you have taken the lazy way out by letting the government force others to perform charity via Medicaid.

Well two things Marty ol' bean.

I am contributing to multiple charities.

And the system we had prior to ObamaCare? Was killing like 45K Americans a year and bankrupting many more.

We live in an Ultra Rich nation. And my tax dollars subsidizes many of those who are uber rich.

I don't know why..but that's the way it is right now.

So given a choice? I'd like to mitigate the suffering of those less fortunate and stop the forced government charity to the rich.

Hard as that is to understand.

Forum List

Back