911 terrorists to be tried in NYC

This will be a three ring freakin' circus that will do nothing other than give terrorists a platform and is designed to appease left wing supporters that want "torture' back in the news. U.S taxpayers will spend another fortune to buy liberal support for Obama. Mohammed has confessed already. If we've learned everything we can from him, just execute him.

Hate the American Judicial system, do you?

Since when do we try war criminals in a civilian court?

since the libtards took over! :lol:

So, we now put war criminals through our civilian court system?

As I said in another thread. Anything to increase the power of this administration.

A military tribunal is the venue these people need to be tried under.

yes, but that jackass terrorist who shot and killed 14 Americans,, he get a military court.. nothing like coddling terrorist from another country hey? Screw the Americans the libtards are in charge...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Does anyone think this action will give our military a "take no prisoners" approach?
Does anyone think this will increase our chances of more "foreign terrorists" attacks?
Does anyone think this will increase our chances of attacks by "domestic terrorists"?
Is this a legal decision or a political decision?

You ask if this is a legal decision or a political decision. I don't think it's either. I think it just another one of those fucked-up Obama decisions.

I'm neither a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but from what I've read about this issue in the past this is not a good idea due to rules of evidence, discovery procedures, etc. that apply in civil proceedings but not in the military courts.

One major concern, for example, is other bad guys out there will be able to learn some if not all of the things we did to track down these guys and can thus come up with tactics to avoid same in the future.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

My opinion is long held.

The President is an asshole.

Like so many other liberal Democratics, the idiot just doesn't fucking GET it.

He is STILL working in the world where depraved acts of war by terrorists against the U.S., her people, and her interests is "just" a "criminal" act.

The fucking problem, Mr. President, you moron, is that it is emphatically NOT a matter of criminal justice in ANY fucking way, shape, manner or form.

Every day this idiot we have in the Oval Office fucks something else up in a massive way.

God help us.

Does anyone think this action will give our military a "take no prisoners" approach?
Does anyone think this will increase our chances of more "foreign terrorists" attacks?
Does anyone think this will increase our chances of attacks by "domestic terrorists"?
Is this a legal decision or a political decision?

You ask if this is a legal decision or a political decision. I don't think it's either. I think it just another one of those fucked-up Obama decisions.

kinda makes it political hymn being a political hound from chicago,, anything to stick his thumb in the 9-11 victims eye..

As I said in another thread. Anything to increase the power of this administration.

Didn't we deny them the rights of prisoners of war?

How can we try them in military court?
Prisoner of war status has very specific criteria. It does not absolve them of acts of war against the United States. Acts of war are tried by Military Tribunal.

The biggest question is, how can they be tried in a civilian court? They have violated no civil laws.

This is purely a political decision.

My opinion is long held.

The President is an asshole.

Like so many other liberal Democratics, the idiot just doesn't fucking GET it.

He is STILL working in the world where depraved acts of war by terrorists against the U.S., her people, and her interests is "just" a "criminal" act.

The fucking problem, Mr. President, you moron, is that it is emphatically NOT a matter of criminal justice in ANY fucking way, shape, manner or form.

Every day this idiot we have in the Oval Office fucks something else up in a massive way.

God help us.
What he said.

I have a question.

What is it that the left does not like about the Military Judicial system? The fact that they get more convictions?

This whole thing stinks. We have a supposed confession from KSM after he was waterboarded 183 times in one month. Still, five years after that they had not been taken to trial. Eight years after that day we are now just putting them on trial? Here's a simple question: How could there have been enough evidence days after 9E to justify invading a whole other country yet not enough evidence to convict even EIGHT YEARS later?

Of course the American haters among us have already decided these guys are guilty so their voices are as useless as they are whiny. But for the rest of us, how can we endorse this trial which is suspect while also not calling for prosecution of those who committed torture?

This will be a three ring freakin' circus that will do nothing other than give terrorists a platform and is designed to appease left wing supporters that want "torture' back in the news. U.S taxpayers will spend another fortune to buy liberal support for Obama. Mohammed has confessed already. If we've learned everything we can from him, just execute him.

Hate the American Judicial system, do you?

Since when do we try war criminals in a civilian court?

War criminals? Did we declare war on someone? When did this occur?

This whole thing stinks. We have a supposed confession from KSM after he was waterboarded 183 times in one month. Still, five years after that they had not been taken to trial. Eight years after that day we are now just putting them on trial? Here's a simple question: How could there have been enough evidence days after 9E to justify invading a whole other country yet not enough evidence to convict even EIGHT YEARS later?

Of course the American haters among us have already decided these guys are guilty so their voices are as useless as they are whiny. But for the rest of us, how can we endorse this trial which is suspect while also not calling for prosecution of those who committed torture?

Let's get real.

The point of using enhanced interrogation on the scumbag rat bastard was NOT to get admissible "evidence" for some criminal justice system "trial." The POINT of using such techniques on the bastard was to GET information. Period. End of fucking story.

If anyone (not saying that you do, necessarily, Curve) actually believes that anything said by the Islamist bastard which we obtained as a result of using "enhanced interrogation" on him is in ANY way going to be usable as evidence against him at some stupid "trial," then perhaps we can discuss your purchase from me of a large bridge in Kings County, NYC, at a very reasonable price.

When his defense attorneys demand the production of "discovery" materials from the Government, and the Government tries to demur on the ground of "classified state secret" or some such basis, riase your hands if you think a judge is going to agree with the government!

Failing that, the government will either have to share our military intelligence secrets with the guy who masterminded the 9/11/2001 attacks against us -- OR -- they will have to respectfully decline the demand for "discovery" which will result in

(a) motions to dismiss the case against the defendant and/or
(b) motions to preclude the USE of any such "evidence" or RELATED MATERIAL against the defendant (which, when coupled with the suppression of pretty much everything the guy ever SAID, is likely to unermine the ability of the prosecutors to mount a prosecution).

Why on Earth we would do this to ourselves remains a huge mystery.

None of it is or should ever have been deemd "necssary." But it all flows from the misbegotten ignorant belief that this was ever a "criminal justice" matter.

Well, the fuck it was. It never was. It still isn't.

President Obama is just a fucking imbecile.

Didn't we deny them the rights of prisoners of war?

How can we try them in military court?

Catch 22....they aren't given POW rights because they are not considered military. Then, when it's time to try them, they're not civilian?

oh really? then why don't you tell us who gathered the forensic evidence?

If I knew, I would be more than happy to tell you. However, can you answer my question?

your answer lies in the answer to my question. DUmmie

How do you figure that? Did we declare war on someone or not? Forensic evidence gathering is generally NOT done by the POTUS, nor any members of Congress who must agree with any Declaration of War by the USA?

Excellent.

Try 'em, then fry 'em. It's an American tradition.

Isn't this what a justice system involves? The right to a fair trial means nothing to you?

Which country were you raised in?

These are war criminals, terrorists, not U.S citizens. I don't remember ever trying the Japanese or the regular German army in U.S civilian courts. It's going to be a circus, and it will make fools out of the U.S. It will give the terrorists a podium from which they can and will promote their agenda.

Eric Holder is an idiot, He always will be an idiot. He just proved it conclusively today.

Forum List

Back