911 not a day to discuss War on terror?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060912/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_7

I cant figure out what the Democrats are complaining about here. I mean we are talking about 911. Its what started the war on terror. How do you remember 911 without remembering the war on terror. It makes absolutely no sense.

If President Bush started talking about gay marriage i could understand the objection. but this doesnt make much sense at all.

No, just it's false conflation with the war in Iraq. A country and regime which had NOTHING to do with al Qaeda or 9/11. Nor was it a threat to anything or onyone outside its borders.

No, it's like saying, "I like the players, but not the coach"

I cannot imagine how one person can be so uninformed and ignorant. If you'll help me out, how old are you? 15? 16?

No the military has 3 objectives, kill the enemy, destroy military targets and acquire territiry....thats it.

No, just it's false conflation with the war in Iraq. A country and regime which had NOTHING to do with al Qaeda or 9/11. Nor was it a threat to anything or onyone outside its borders.

Are you really this stupid that you dont understand what Iraq has to do with the war on terror?!

Oh come on people. We've been going over this since 2002. its self explanatory and you people still dont get it.

I cannot imagine how one person can be so uninformed and ignorant. If you'll help me out, how old are you? 15? 16?

It's more like. I like the football players, but i hate the coach and i hope they lose all their games that they ever play. But i support them in their effort to lose every game they play.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
It's more like. I like the football players, but i hate the coach and i hope they lose all their games that they ever play. But i support them in their effort to lose every game they play.

If that's your opinion of the war, then so be it. You have the right to have those beliefs. I also have the right to not believe the same thing as you.

I hate the reason that we went to war, I hate that we are killing people that didn't have anything to do w/ 9-11, I hate the president and all of his goons, I support the troops and hope they make it home safely. I also support A war against terrorists, but I don't support how we are at war with a word.

If that's your opinion of the war, then so be it. You have the right to have those beliefs. I also have the right to not believe the same thing as you.

I hate the reason that we went to war, I hate that we are killing people that didn't have anything to do w/ 9-11, I hate the president and all of his goons, I support the troops and hope they make it home safely. I also support A war against terrorists, but I don't support how we are at war with a word.

Its just a stupid tactic to have. You're basically saying to those soldiers who put their lives on the line for something that THEY personally believe in that their sacrifice isnt worth it and that they should come home defeated. If you truly support the troops, then you would set aside your differences once the decision to goto war was made and pray for victory so that they can come home with their heads held high that they achieved what they set out to do. To patronize the soldiers by telling them that they have your support and then telling them that what they are fighting for is a lie disrespects everything they are doing.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Do you believe that FOX News does this, or just the liberal media?

Honestly i dont think FoxNews has as big a slant as many people think they do. They still have many Liberal minded reporters at fox. The fact that they don't report the news like the other Major networks, with their opinions masqueraded as facts, leads many far left pundits angry because its not their opinion being broadcasted. Look at how ABC was attacked for making the Path to 9/11 movie. Hardly a member of the vast rightwing conspiracy is ABC yet they were threatened to have their broadcast license removed for playing this movie. How ridiculous is that? Thats Communist Russian tactics for censorship right there. So when Foxnews airs news without opinion its perceived by the left to be far right spin even though its just news without bias. There's alot of opinions on Foxnews' Pundit shows that i feel is reaching to the left like Alan Colmes and other round table discussions. However their news segments dont give the opinionated extra one liners in their information.

So to sum up, its basically the left Hates Foxnews because its trendy to do so in leftwing circles. If you consider yourself a liberal, you have to hate Foxnews, Rush limbaugh, Sean Hannity and all the rest regardless of whether you listen to them or watch them at all.

Are you really this stupid that you dont understand what Iraq has to do with the war on terror?!

Oh come on people. We've been going over this since 2002. its self explanatory and you people still dont get it.

Yes, he's really that stupid.

maybe thats why you are confused on so many things. Red States had the analogies right, yours are in error.

Footbal, the game, the coach and the players. the analogy would line up thus
War, the President Soldeirs.

DNC talking head points I see.

So, al quiada is the only terrorist group attacking us? Hmmm, thats comforting to know.

Nope, its not a matter of beliefs or opinions. OUR country is designed to work with ONE LEADER who makes the decisions, for the most part. Of course he can be thwarted if he gets out of control. The people elect that leader to represent us.
Once the election is over, and if we are at war, then that leader makes the decision he was voted in to make. If the minority party refuses to support them in times of war, then they are attempting to undermine the democratic process.
Besides, what all you libs continue to convientently forget and ignore is that most of the Dems voted for the war. Even today Hillary still supports it. And that the resolution that was passed and signed into law for REGIME CHANGE IN IRAQ, was done during the CLINTON administration. WHAT THE FUCK IS SO COMPLICATED ABOUT THAT FOR YOU GEEKS TO UNDERSTAND?????

maybe thats why you are confused on so many things. Red States had the analogies right, yours are in error.

Footbal, the game, the coach and the players. the analogy would line up thus
War, the President Soldeirs.

So you can't be against the war and support the troops? I guess the GOP didn't support the military in Bosnia then. Or does the analogy only count when a Republican is in the White House.

Forum List

Back