911 not a day to discuss War on terror?

Nope, its not a matter of beliefs or opinions. OUR country is designed to work with ONE LEADER who makes the decisions, for the most part.

Actually, any civics class would have taught you that this is what the framers were working against. The President should be able to make decisions, but they must be approved by Congress. This is why the war in Irag is entirely legal.

Are you really this stupid that you dont understand what Iraq has to do with the war on terror?!

Oh come on people. We've been going over this since 2002. its self explanatory and you people still dont get it.

AV, oh, they get it. But they know they have nothing else to say or present. They have no solutions, all they can do is whine and bitch. And they have even run out of things to try and make issues out of. So, they have to continue to beat the drum of something that has been soundly refuted.
Kind of like those stupid Dems and the LA TImes trying to attack Arnold for making a supposed racist comment.

I think we would need to ask the majority of survivors and family of victims of 9/11 if they thought the presidents speech was appropriate. So far, I havent heard one single one of them complain. Its only the Dems who werent directly affected who are whining and bitching.

Are you really this stupid that you dont understand what Iraq has to do with the war on terror?!

Oh come on people. We've been going over this since 2002. its self explanatory and you people still dont get it.

Lets pretend I'm stupid. Explain it to me anyway.

I guess people see what they want to see. I see Fox as being very slanted, but CNN as more moderate. You see Fox as more moderate, and CNN-type networks as being slanted.

again, not a matter of opinion. But thats what libs always turn to when they are proven wrong. "its just my opinon, or ,,,you cant deny the validity of my feelings, or, he has the right to say whatever he wants", when no one challenged the person on their right to say whatever.

Fact is, it can be substantiallly and objectively analyzed, and has been. Fox news is much more towards the center than any of the other network news. The other network news is all slanted very far left.

Now, the same group that claims its just a matter of your perception or opinion, will also claim talk radio is sooooo right wing.

So you can't be against the war and support the troops? I guess the GOP didn't support the military in Bosnia then. Or does the analogy only count when a Republican is in the White House.

Were they running around claiming "we support the troops"? I never did. Were they constantly blasting Clinton claiming he lied us into the war? Even though he did, the Republicans did not make it an issue like the Dems are doing with Iraq. Its because the Dems are getting their asses kicked in elections, they have nothing to offer except criticism, they are desperate and will try anything and have nothing to lose.

Actually, any civics class would have taught you that this is what the framers were working against. The President should be able to make decisions, but they must be approved by Congress. This is why the war in Irag is entirely legal.

Thats why I said for the most part. With the Congress run by hundreds, and the judiciary run by hundreds, the presidency is run by ONE MAN.

But the lib dems are constantly screaming this is Bush's war, so I am pointing out their treasoness based on their own claims.

Lets pretend I'm stupid. Explain it to me anyway.

Did you miss the part "self explanatory"?

Besides, it been explained over and over.

Question. Is it a war on terror, or a war on al quiada? Saddam was paying families of terrorists ten thousand dollars when they would blow themselves up to kill innocent women, children and men. Hmmmmm

Were they running around claiming "we support the troops"? I never did. Were they constantly blasting Clinton claiming he lied us into the war? Even though he did, the Republicans did not make it an issue like the Dems are doing with Iraq. Its because the Dems are getting their asses kicked in elections, they have nothing to offer except criticism, they are desperate and will try anything and have nothing to lose.

Today some of the most conservative leaders in the U.S. Senate oppose American involvement in Bosnia. Trent Lott, Thad Cochran, and John McCain are all Bosnia doves. Many of these are the same conservatives who - when the Democrats were still paralyzed by the Vietnam syndrome - championed aggressive U.S. military action in places such as Libya and Grenada, and supported the "Reagan Doctrine" policy of confronting and defeating Communist expansionism around the world.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1282/is_n11_v45/ai_13923184

I seem to remember some pretty strong conservative opposition to the Bosnian Conflict.

Did you miss the part "self explanatory"?

Besides, it been explained over and over.

Question. Is it a war on terror, or a war on al quiada? Saddam was paying families of terrorists ten thousand dollars when they would blow themselves up to kill innocent women, children and men. Hmmmmm

Like I said, "pretend I'm stupid." Lets make believe that I'm a liberal elitist that doesn't see the connection. Please connect it for me in a non self-explanatory way.

Thats why I said for the most part. With the Congress run by hundreds, and the judiciary run by hundreds, the presidency is run by ONE MAN.

But the lib dems are constantly screaming this is Bush's war, so I am pointing out their treasoness based on their own claims.

Actually, you said OUR COUNTRY is ran by one man. Not the Presidency.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=478096&postcount=39

I was agreeing with your conclusion. The war is legal and I believe in it, trust me. Just clean your argument up.

Like I said, "pretend I'm stupid." Lets make believe that I'm a liberal elitist that doesn't see the connection. Please connect it for me in a non self-explanatory way.

The libs are meltind down big time. Look at the latest rant by PMSBC's Head Lib Chris Matthews

Matthews's Advice to Dems: Treat GOP Like Accused Murderers

Posted by Mark Finkelstein on September 13, 2006 - 19:59.
Chris Matthews is as frustrated as an able-bodied seaman after six months without shore leave. While Matthews clearly senses this is the year for the Dems to snatch back the Speaker's gavel, hisfrustration is born of the fear that the Dems will squander the opportunity out of timidity - an unwillingness to attack President Bush on the war in Iraq.

Things boiled over during the 5 PM EDT edition of this evening's Hardball. With guests Howard Fineman of Newsweek and Chuck Todd of the Hotline as witnesses to the meltdown, Matthews first played a hard-hitting Moveon.org ad accusing Republicans of misleading the nation into Iraq and trying to "exploit 9/11" to win elections. Matthews complained that while the Republicans are willing to use the same kind of tactics against the Democrats, Dems "are afraid to run an ad like that."

Really? The party whose surrogate, the NAACP, ran the infamous TV commercial accusing George Bush of being the equivalent of a racist murderer dragging a black man to death behind a truck wouldn't scruple to run an anti-war ad?

Things got very ugly a bit later, when Matthews said this:

"There's a great saying, the prosecutor says you've got to point to the guilty guy in front of the jury and say 'he committed the murder' because if the jury doesn't believe you believe the guy did it and have the guts to face them with it, they won't find him guilty. And I think the Democrats have got to point the finger and say they're right: he's the bad guy."

The image displayed here is of Matthews illustrating just how Democrats should point the accusatory finger at the president.

Remember this the next time your hear a Dem self-righteously decrying the Republicans' harsh tone, as they have at great length over Majority Leader Boehner's recent statement. Chris Matthews, former aide to Dem Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill, and leading MSM light, has counseled them to treat the President of the United States like a murderer in the box.

http://newsbusters.org/node/7613

So you can't be against the war and support the troops? I guess the GOP didn't support the military in Bosnia then. Or does the analogy only count when a Republican is in the White House.

As i recall, Republicans didnt want to goto Bosnia, but once we were there we understood that we had to complete the mission. Same as Somalia. Unfortunately we didnt even do that.

again, not a matter of opinion. But thats what libs always turn to when they are proven wrong. "its just my opinon, or ,,,you cant deny the validity of my feelings, or, he has the right to say whatever he wants", when no one challenged the person on their right to say whatever.

Fact is, it can be substantiallly and objectively analyzed, and has been. Fox news is much more towards the center than any of the other network news. The other network news is all slanted very far left.

Now, the same group that claims its just a matter of your perception or opinion, will also claim talk radio is sooooo right wing.

There you go again with those Con talking points. :bs1:

Fox is somehow moderate why? Because they make outlandishly biased statements, but turn them into questions. ex: "Bush, the Best President?" or "Democrats, hurting the war on terror?"

Who did this scientifically opinionated survey of the MSM? Was it Bill O'Reilly? Did O'Reilly tell you about this survey?

If you believe fox is moderate b/c fox tells you so, then that's your opinion. We are all titled to our opinions, no matter how wrong you may be.:usa:

OTF: Some will just don't understand that the world isn't always black and white. LuvRPgrl is an example of this.

The libs are meltind down big time. Look at the latest rant by PMSBC's Head Lib Chris Matthews

Matthews's Advice to Dems: Treat GOP Like Accused Murderers

Posted by Mark Finkelstein on September 13, 2006 - 19:59.
Chris Matthews is as frustrated as an able-bodied seaman after six months without shore leave. While Matthews clearly senses this is the year for the Dems to snatch back the Speaker's gavel, hisfrustration is born of the fear that the Dems will squander the opportunity out of timidity - an unwillingness to attack President Bush on the war in Iraq.

Things boiled over during the 5 PM EDT edition of this evening's Hardball. With guests Howard Fineman of Newsweek and Chuck Todd of the Hotline as witnesses to the meltdown, Matthews first played a hard-hitting Moveon.org ad accusing Republicans of misleading the nation into Iraq and trying to "exploit 9/11" to win elections. Matthews complained that while the Republicans are willing to use the same kind of tactics against the Democrats, Dems "are afraid to run an ad like that."

Really? The party whose surrogate, the NAACP, ran the infamous TV commercial accusing George Bush of being the equivalent of a racist murderer dragging a black man to death behind a truck wouldn't scruple to run an anti-war ad?

Things got very ugly a bit later, when Matthews said this:

"There's a great saying, the prosecutor says you've got to point to the guilty guy in front of the jury and say 'he committed the murder' because if the jury doesn't believe you believe the guy did it and have the guts to face them with it, they won't find him guilty. And I think the Democrats have got to point the finger and say they're right: he's the bad guy."

The image displayed here is of Matthews illustrating just how Democrats should point the accusatory finger at the president.

Remember this the next time your hear a Dem self-righteously decrying the Republicans' harsh tone, as they have at great length over Majority Leader Boehner's recent statement. Chris Matthews, former aide to Dem Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill, and leading MSM light, has counseled them to treat the President of the United States like a murderer in the box.

http://newsbusters.org/node/7613

This doesn't connect anything.

I'll respect and support the troops, 911 victims/families, 911 heroes, but not the war.

I know logic is something you don't embrace Chad but please, if it isn't too difficult for you, could you explain how you can say you support the troops and yet you don't support the job they are doing. Our "best in the world" military is populated by volunteers, none were forced to sign up. The overwhelming percentage of these outstanding individuals agree not only with their Commander In Chief but also the work they are doing in Afghanistan and Iraq. They understand more than you could possibly imagine exactly why the coalition is there and how historically important their objective is.

It is an insult to those that know the job, it's risk, it's rewards and put their lives on the line everyday, every hour for you to be able to make that weak ass statement. Try to actually lead rather than follow your comrads in school, they no doubt are parroting their favorite no talent band that is telling them what to think, you should be smarter than that..... after all, you have the wisdom of this board to help you(many years of experience in real life).

As i recall, Republicans didnt want to goto Bosnia, but once we were there we understood that we had to complete the mission. Same as Somalia. Unfortunately we didnt even do that.

Most Democratics are saying the same thing. Biden, Clinton, Kennedy, and even Kerry have said that they think that we need to finish this thing out. They are politically opposed to the war, but still publically say that we need to stay the course. All I'm saying is that if the GOP says white, the DNC will say black and vice versa.

Most Democratics are saying the same thing. Biden, Clinton, Kennedy, and even Kerry have said that they think that we need to finish this thing out. They are politically opposed to the war, but still publically say that we need to stay the course. All I'm saying is that if the GOP says white, the DNC will say black and vice versa.

If they think we have to "see it out" then how come they keep calling for bringing the troops home before the mission is completed. They keep saying that the war is a failure. They keep mentioning how our troops are terrorizing Iraqi civilians (Murtha, Kerry). That doesnt sound like "Seeing it out." Thats more like "Cut and Run" with our tail between our legs as a defeated nation.

I know logic is something you don't embrace Chad but please, if it isn't too difficult for you, could you explain how you can say you support the troops and yet you don't support the job they are doing. Our "best in the world" military is populated by volunteers, none were forced to sign up. The overwhelming percentage of these outstanding individuals agree not only with their Commander In Chief but also the work they are doing in Afghanistan and Iraq. They understand more than you could possibly imagine exactly why the coalition is there and how historically important their objective is.

It is an insult to those that know the job, it's risk, it's rewards and put their lives on the line everyday, every hour for you to be able to make that weak ass statement. Try to actually lead rather than follow your comrads in school, they no doubt are parroting their favorite no talent band that is telling them what to think, you should be smarter than that..... after all, you have the wisdom of this board to help you(many years of experience in real life).

Yes, and I have heard many soldiers interviewed live on talk radio, and they are quite disheartened by the way the Dems are handling the situation, and dont feel they are getting any support from the libs at all. In fact they declare the dems, libs are undermining what they are doing.

Forum List

Back