90 year old chef arrested in Florida for feeding the homeless

Their defense is disgusting - that they want to protect all homeless.

TV news showed hungry children in line while they took the food right out from under their noses.

Hold on

We have a lot of psychos in Florida, for starters

Also, there is some money to be made through dealing with the homeless!!! This 90 year.is cutting into the paychecks of some social workers and donations to charitable organizations!! The government pays for plates, not for dates!!.

The mayor is a big government liberal who opposes private charity helping the homeless, he thinks only the government should be allowed to help the homeless.

The mayor is a big government liberal who opposes private charity helping the homeless, he thinks only the government should be allowed to help the homeless.

No. The mayor and the city council are businessmen in a city where a large portion of the income comes from the tourist trade. He doesn't want the homeless there at all and doesn't want programs, either private or public, which encourages them to hang around. This has nothing at all to do with any political philosophy. This is about money.

This is about having a moral compass. Christians, secular, right or left, should all have the same answer to this question:
"I am hungry, will you feed me"? That there is a deliberate attempt to tie the hands of compassion is bankrupt. We've lost our way in this country.

This is about having a moral compass. Christians, secular, right or left, should all have the same answer to this question:
"I am hungry, will you feed me"? That there is a deliberate attempt to tie the hands of compassion is bankrupt. We've lost our way in this country.

Not really. These are just the things which show up on the news. If some officials weren't doing something stupid, you never would have heard about the chef.

I don't know the situation in Florida, but in California we have a bunch of liberal do-gooders who like to emerge from their suburban enclaves to "feed the hungry" in some OTHER city. Why? Because they don't want them in THEIR backyards! It's time for them to face the fact that giving out one free meal a week isn't doing anything other than assuaging their own self esteem issues.

I'll note that the Left often decries how we must have Government Programs because private citizens in Civil Society are not Charitable enough...hence, anyone who is Charitable must be beaten into submission.

That's why they also hate Christians.

First they lock Jesus up in Arizona for being an illegal alien, now they're locking him up in Florida for feeding the poor. Don't you just love those republican christians?

90-year-old among Florida activists arrested for feeding the homeless US news The Guardian

Should point out how many of the fed homeless are military veterans. Generally, about 1 in 8 homeless are veterans. Mention that to the press and it becomes a lot harder to argue against. Also, it seems at least on the surface a violation of the 1st Amendment, not for the religious practice but the actual giving out of food, like campaign contributions, is a kind of free speech.

Forum List

Back