9 out of 10 Americans completely wrong

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk5OJBry2ss]9 Out Of 10 Americans Are Completely Wrong About This Mind-Blowing Fact - YouTube[/ame]

Check out this video. What we believe is reality in wealth distribution isn't even close. The top 1% own 40% of the nations wealth while the bottom 80% own 7% of our nations wealth. 7%!

I don't understand how anyone can defend this.

It's not a matter of defending, I think most people are just completely unaware of the implications. That, and most conservatives live in the "lottery mentality" meaning that their wealth is just a lottery ticket away!

:lol:

Iam's broken record.....but here I go again:
When it comes to being consumers - American's are the most clueless, self-centered and hypocritical people on the planet. Every time you choose where to shop by who has the cheaper prices, every time you choose a product based primarily on price alone - this is the result.
30 years ago a few grocery giants began building large 'super center' grocery stores. Prices were lower, and larger bulk sizes were offered that small stores couldn't get. American's flocked to these stores.
Within 10 years, family owned grocery stores all but disappeared.
Same with hardware stores.
Same with lawn and garden stores.
Same with shoe stores.
Same with et. etc. etc.
Americans do NOT support local businesses.
So it should be no surprise that corporatism rapidly took over nearly every retail business that existed.

It's not a matter of defending, I think most people are just completely unaware of the implications. That, and most conservatives live in the "lottery mentality" meaning that their wealth is just a lottery ticket away!

What? then explain this... notice all the blue states
MediaPost Publications Who Buys Lottery Tickets? 11/12/2012
n which adults who bought a lottery ticket in
the last 12 months reside: 1. New York, NY 2. Detroit, MI 3. Atlanta, GA 4. Hartford & New Haven, CT 5. Syracuse, NY 6. Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY 7. Springfield-Holyoke, MA 8. Cleveland-Akron (Canton), OH 9. Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA 10. Miami-Ft.

the last 12 months reside: 1. New York, NY 2. Detroit, MI 3. Atlanta, GA 4. Hartford & New Haven, CT 5. Syracuse, NY 6. Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY 7. Springfield-Holyoke, MA 8. Cleveland-Akron (Canton), OH 9. Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA 10. Miami-Ft.

Gotta love the people who post on CNN's comments sections.

Further, people with incomes in excess of $75,000 spend roughly three times as much on lotteries each month as do those with incomes under $25,000.

Read more: MediaPost Publications Who Buys Lottery Tickets? 11/12/2012

Well DUH! They make 3 times as much money, don't they.

Sooo? and again its the blue staters that play the most. You do know their are middle class liberls right? I never waste my money on that stupid stuff, the horse and dog tracks have better odds.

It's not a matter of defending, I think most people are just completely unaware of the implications.
I think you should amend that to: "Most Americans are just completely unaware."
PERIOD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L7w]Rick Mercer talks with Americans on CBC television[/ame]

Last edited:

You kinda missed the point..

:cool:

When it comes to being consumers - American's are the most clueless, self-centered and hypocritical people on the planet. Every time you choose where to shop by who has the cheaper prices, every time you choose a product based primarily on price alone - this is the result.
30 years ago a few grocery giants began building large 'super center' grocery stores. Prices were lower, and larger bulk sizes were offered that small stores couldn't get. American's flocked to these stores.
Same with shoe stores.
Same with et. etc. etc.
So it should be no surprise that corporatism rapidly took over nearly every retail business that existed.

Wow. You honestly think its only Americans who choose to buy what they need at the lowest price available to them? Is the rest of the world just stupid? THat's what rational buyers do.

Same with shoe stores.
Same with et. etc. etc.

Wow. You honestly think its only Americans who choose to buy what they need at the lowest price available to them? Is the rest of the world just stupid? THat's what rational buyers do.

No.
That is what clueless buyers do.
Americans have lost all sense of the word "value" and place no importance on community and do NOT pause for one instant to consider the ramifications of their shopping choices.
Obviously you have never traveled outside of America. Many European communities have refused big box stores. In fact, I would wager most.

I would doubt you'd find any economist that agrees with you.
Americans have lost all sense of the word "value" and place no importance on community and do NOT pause for one instant to consider the ramifications of their shopping choices.
As opposed to who?
Obviously you have never traveled outside of America.
My mother lives in Mexico and has for over a decade, I've been out of the country more times than I count.
Many European communities have refused big box stores. In fact, I would wager most.
They refuse the big box stores through government, not through individual buyers choosing to pay more.

As opposed to who?
Obviously you have never traveled outside of America.
My mother lives in Mexico and has for over a decade, I've been out of the country more times than I count.
Many European communities have refused big box stores. In fact, I would wager most.
They refuse the big box stores through government, not through individual buyers choosing to pay more.

Uh...no.
The governments, especially local, in Europe disallow the buildings out of public outcry.
You see...European officials still have the audacity to consider public interest over corporate interest.
I am extremely pro-business. Corporatism is not pro-business, it is extremely damning to the economy.

As opposed to who?

Uh...no.
The governments, especially local, in Europe disallow the buildings out of public outcry.
You see...European officials still have the audacity to consider public interest over corporate interest.
I am extremely pro-business. Corporatism is not pro-business, it is extremely damning to the economy.

That's my point, Ricky. In Europe they don't have the big box stores because people acted through government to stop them, not because Europeans happen to like to pay more for things than Americans.

You kinda missed the point..

:cool:

Yea I know, I was just messing with you.

As opposed to who?

Uh...no.

That's my point, Ricky. In Europe they don't have the big box stores because people acted through government to stop them, not because Europeans happen to like to pay more for things than Americans.

They are not? thought walfarts were everywhere by now. Have not been to Europe or Japan since the 80's. But found this god help them. lol
Is Wal-Mart arriving in Europe? - News : Retail (#177988)

It looks as if American giant Wal-Mart is thinking about trying, once again, to penetrate the European market. According to The Independent, the retailer already has its eyes on France, Italy, Spain and Portugal.

Same with shoe stores.
Same with et. etc. etc.

And yet, mention WalMart and people actually defend shopping there.

Love your country? Shop/buy locally.

So far, Europe is resisting the plague of WalMart but, of course China is add deep in them. China also forces small farmers out of business and forces most of their workforce to live in company housing and shop at company stores.

Someone recently posted that China is building a middle class or some such nonsense. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Really weird are their huge ghost cities. They drive people out of their homes and then build enormous cities on the village/farm land. No one can afford to buy there so the building are empty. And, the people homeless.

Forum List

Back