9/11

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
is it time for this country to move on from 9/11? by this ..i do not mean forget...i simply mean..stop letting 9/11 be the distinctive factor in all our decisions...how long can we go on reacting to that one day in history?

i would like to see the wtc towers rebuild...the skyline of nyc restored...and i would like to see the confidence of americans restored to the point that we move on from 9/11. will this happen in our life times...9/11 is a day that is burned into our minds...the images will never leave us...we can never forget but we can move on

is it time for this country to move on from 9/11? by this ..i do not mean forget...i simply mean..stop letting 9/11 be the distinctive factor in all our decisions...how long can we go on reacting to that one day in history?

i would like to see the wtc towers rebuild...the skyline of nyc restored...and i would like to see the confidence of americans restored to the point that we move on from 9/11. will this happen in our life times...9/11 is a day that is burned into our minds...the images will never leave us...we can never forget but we can move on

Wasn't it 1/20/09 when 9/11/01 was moved back to 9/10/01? I was certain of that.

The towers are NOT being rebuilt. They are putting this 75 story building with glass on top of it that extends to 1776 feet above ground and calling it a tower. They are actually now just calling it One world trade center.

I don't think the country will EVER be the way it was on September 10. For that to happen, we couldn't have any more attacks and possibly everyone that remembers 9/11 would have to be very old.

The towers are NOT being rebuilt. They are putting this 75 story building with glass on top of it that extends to 1776 feet above ground and calling it a tower. They are actually now just calling it One world trade center.

I don't think the country will EVER be the way it was on September 10. For that to happen, we couldn't have any more attacks and possibly everyone that remembers 9/11 would have to be very old.

What attacks? Who said anything about attacks? Down the memory hole.

Obama just deployed another 4,000 troops to Afghanistan in addition to the 17,000 he deployed previously, so I guess the answer is still "no."

The WTC towers will probably never be rebuilt. Even after 8 years, I still can't get used to the NYC skyline withoutthe towers.

Obama just deployed another 4,000 troops to Afghanistan in addition to the 17,000 he deployed previously, so I guess the answer is still "no."

The WTC towers will probably never be rebuilt. Even after 8 years, I still can't get used to the NYC skyline withoutthe towers.
We won't.
Heres what we're getting.
NYC Freedom Tower: Freedom Tower News, Updates, Images

dino.jpg

silly...if we move on that means the terrorists win.

Erase 9/11. Make 9/10 a national holiday. No more worries.

Why? If Bush had taken the first world trade center attack seriously we might not have had the second. But Bones is correct, it is one thing to take things seriously, another to pervert the entire defense system to make up for one very unlikely repeatable attack.

Why? If Bush had taken the first world trade center attack seriously we might not have had the second. But Bones is correct, it is one thing to take things seriously, another to pervert the entire defense system to make up for one very unlikely repeatable attack.
Wasn't just captain chimptastic, they arrived and trained here while Bubba was POTUS.

And frankly, it doesn't matter who was POTUS, no president would have taken a threat to fly planes into buildings seriously, it had never happened before.

Hmm, are you saying Bush should have taken the first attack in '93 more seriously than Clinton. Or are you saying Bush should have dealt with the first attack on 9/11 within minutes, to prevent the second plane.

Too many would seem stupid question, but not to you.

Hmm, are you saying Bush should have taken the first attack in '93 more seriously than Clinton. Or are you saying Bush should have dealt with the first attack on 9/11 within minutes, to prevent the second plane.

No, I'm saying you are pretending that we are going back to a worldview that we held on 9/10...when the Republicans were firmly in charge. It is your choice to post words that put the blame squarely on the Republicans...and I think that is a rather silly thing for you to do.

No, I'm saying you are pretending that we are going back to a worldview that we held on 9/10...when the Republicans were firmly in charge. It is your choice to post words that put the blame squarely on the Republicans...and I think that is a rather silly thing for you to do.
What's silly is how all the sudden most on the left have gotten into lockstep with an expand Afghanistan to Pakistan, thinking somehow it's going to go fine. I've much more respect for those like BAC that at least remain consistent.

we should never forget 9/11...annie or anyone else...its a decisive day in our history...we would never consider forgetting pearl harbor...or the alamo....both symbols of our history...but we no longer make decisions based on those days...that is my point...when will 9/11 not be a controlling factor in our poltiics or our national mentality?

as for obama going into afghan...its a losing war...no one has defeated them for how long? they are very willing to take the losses and fight on...we never should have enter afghan to begin with....in my opinion...we should have attacked the real terrorists who supplied the men and the money...our so called fucking allies...the saudis

we should never forget 9/11...annie or anyone else...its a decisive day in our history...we would never consider forgetting pearl harbor...or the alamo....both symbols of our history...but we no longer make decisions based on those days...that is my point...when will 9/11 not be a controlling factor in our poltiics or our national mentality?

as for obama going into afghan...its a losing war...no one has defeated them for how long? they are very willing to take the losses and fight on...we never should have enter afghan to begin with....in my opinion...we should have attacked the real terrorists who supplied the men and the money...our so called fucking allies...the saudis

Most are forgetting, it was a blip. As for the Saudis, I agree.

i dont think anyone who lived thru that day and saw what happened will ever consider it a blip....

it is a defining day...we all know where we were..who called us..or how we found out....i remember it being a slamming beautiful early fall day...i was painting outside when my husband called...my reaction..how the hell can someone not see the wtc? i remember his voice..telling me..it was terrorist and to go inside and turn on the tv....i didnt move for hours...the shock....i called my son...i just rounded up my loved ones..accounting for them..even if i knew they were not in danger...the viseral reaction...to the people jumping....to the towers following...

no i dont think it will ever be a blip

Forum List

Back