8th Grader arrested and suspended for wearing NRA T-Shirt to school

And the reactionary and libertarian natter on. Nothing here, folks, move along. :lol:

If the parents came in yelling like the child, then the school district needs to file a request for injunction and a TRO until the parents are placed under an insurance bond for appropriate behavior.

You don't do "facts", do you, kid? Is it green Jell-O night in your wing of the nut farm?

If the parents came in yelling like the child, then the school district needs to file a request for injunction and a TRO until the parents are placed under an insurance bond for appropriate behavior.

You don't do "facts", do you, kid? Is it green Jell-O night in your wing of the nut farm?

You certainly don't. I used the word "if". We did not tolerate out of control parents in our school district. Ever.

It's all very simple in the end. You take a real risk & gamble sending your child into today's State-Run Education mess. You just don't know who the Hell they're allowing in there with your child. There are no credible standards anymore. Unfortunately, Perverts and radical Political Wingnuts have found a comfortable safe haven in our Public School System. That's just the sad reality. So listen to the Good Doctor Paul and consider other options. Homeschooling could be the best answer.

It's all very simple. Parents who get involved in the publc ed system guarantee a good education for their children.

Parents who get involved in home school for the right reasons do the same.

No difference.

You certainly don't. I used the word "if". We did not tolerate out of control parents in our school district. Ever.

And by out of control you mean parents that support their child over a teacher that would deny their freedom of speech. Gotcha!

All 3 of my kids went to public schools and so did I.
PARENTING is lacking these days and many a good parent treats their kids like mams's pets sheltering them and unwilling for them to fail at anything or learn anything about adversity.
Not knocking home school as most of those kids do outstanding on SAT and the standardized tests and well in college also.
But most of them do not do well at all socially and have trouble interacting in the business, office, working world later in life.
Many parents home school not because of the kids will get as good or better education at home but because they do not want another adult having any authority over their child.
Been there, seen it, have coached over 50 rec teams and been involved with youth for 40 years.

All 3 of my kids went to public schools and so did I.
PARENTING is lacking these days and many a good parent treats their kids like mams's pets sheltering them and unwilling for them to fail at anything or learn anything about adversity.
Not knocking home school as most of those kids do outstanding on SAT and the standardized tests and well in college also.
But most of them do not do well at all socially and have trouble interacting in the business, office, working world later in life.
Many parents home school not because of the kids will get as good or better education at home but because they do not want another adult having any authority over their child.
Been there, seen it, have coached over 50 rec teams and been involved with youth for 40 years.

That's a myth.

My boss was home schooled. As president of a medium sized corporation, I'd say he does fine on the social front. I've known dozens of others who were home schooled who likewise did fine.

The really awkward people I've known have all been public school educated. Usually traumatized by the other inmates, er, I mean students.

Many of the home-schooled students that came into our junior and high schools were quite uncomfortable and took awhile to socialize. Not all, but many. This was common across Louisiana and East Texas, among the school board presidents with whom I communicated.

When the parents were doing their best, the results could be very impressive.

Unfortunately, too many of the parents either had the kids out of school to work in family businesses or did not want to take the time to make sure the children got to school. We cracked down on them when able but that is hard to do much of the time.

Many of the home-schooled students that came into our junior and high schools were quite uncomfortable and took awhile to socialize. Not all, but many. This was common across Louisiana and East Texas, among the school board presidents with whom I communicated.

When the parents were doing their best, the results could be very impressive.

Unfortunately, too many of the parents either had the kids out of school to work in family businesses or did not want to take the time to make sure the children got to school. We cracked down on them when able but that is hard to do much of the time.

Perverts and radical Political Wingnuts feel right at home in our crumbling Public School System. Parents need to think very carefully about whether or not it's a wise gamble sending their children there. You cannot guarantee their childrens' safety & security. Can you?

Debauched and nearly illiterate reactionary and libertarian crazees are trying unsuccessfully to destroy the public school system. Most parents understand that sending students to public school is often the best choice. There wacky political and religious nonsense cannot intrude on the course subjects.

Forum List

Back