8th Grader arrested and suspended for wearing NRA T-Shirt to school

no kidding...when have you ever seen him post something of value? all i see are ad homs, false accusations etc...he never backs up any claim and never actually debates. he just keeps saying reactionary over and over.

That's my point, you never will. He is absolutely worthless - just a troll.

i stopped reading his posts

nothing of value

just trolling

Being the eternal optimist, I keep thinking that a reasonably intelligent man should eventually post something of value.
Apparently, like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, that result is plausible, but only infinitesimally likely.
I call this my Irrelevant Flunky Theorem.

Childish child is childish.
FakeSmarmy said:
I'm made of rubber, you're made of glue.
Anything you say bounces off me and sticks to you

Yes, you reactionaries need to grow up and post adult matters.

Quarreling amongst yourselves is very unseemly and I won't respond when you are acting like little girls yelling on the playground.

Thank you for making my point, junior.

Most school have a zero tolerance rule about guns, anything to do with guns, including images.

No such policy was in place. The issue was that a child dared to support the United States Constitution. Such support outrages public employees.

I am pretty certain he didn't get arrested for wearing the tee-shirt.

No charges were filed, but that is exactly what he was arrested for.

He would have been told to take it off, cover it up, or go home and change.

He refused, and I applaud him for it. The school thugs were acting in an illegal manner.

The reason, most likely, he was arrested was this: "After getting in a dispute with a teacher at the school, Marcum was arrested." He may have become out of control, possibly even threatening. May have refused to leave the school grounds, become belligerent and impossible to deal with, so the school called the police, who would arrest a student who was out of control.

There is no evidence of any of this. He simply refused to comply with the order of the school thugs to remove the shirt.

The article you read and this thread OP are trying to make this story something it isn't.

If the kid just wore his Che shirt, like the teachers do, it would be cool. But support of the U.S. Constitution will NOT be tolerated.

“"A student will not dress or groom in a manner that disrupts the educational process or is detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of others. A student will not dress in a manner that is distractive or indecent, to the extent that it interferes with the teaching and learning process, including wearing any apparel that displays or promotes any drug-, alcohol- or tobacco-related product that is prohibited in school buildings, on school grounds, in school-leased or owned vehicles, and at all school-affiliated functions."

I believe that he complied with the policy. And arresting him? That's extreme to be sure. Will they be arresting the person who wears a rainbow shirt too?

“"A student will not dress or groom in a manner that disrupts the educational process or is detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of others. A student will not dress in a manner that is distractive or indecent, to the extent that it interferes with the teaching and learning process, including wearing any apparel that displays or promotes any drug-, alcohol- or tobacco-related product that is prohibited in school buildings, on school grounds, in school-leased or owned vehicles, and at all school-affiliated functions."

I believe that he complied with the policy. And arresting him? That's extreme to be sure. Will they be arresting the person who wears a rainbow shirt too?

The teacher apparently believed the t-shirt was "distractive", and at that point, the boy should have complied with the teacher's instructions and taken it up later through the appropriate channels.

He was not arrested for what he wore but his disruptive behavior after being told the shirt was not appropriate.

The TEACHER believed it was disruptive... Well, tough shit! SHE initiated the disruption.

The shirt was not disruptive. The teacher's reaction to it was.

If the parents came in yelling like the child, then the school district needs to file a request for injunction and a TRO until the parents are placed under an insurance bond for appropriate behavior.

The TEACHER believed it was disruptive... Well, tough shit! SHE initiated the disruption.

The shirt was not disruptive. The teacher's reaction to it was.

absolutely. only reactionary lovers of the police state would say otherwise. i mean he wore the same shirt to school the following week. the teacher was out of line.

mark my words, he will never be charged and the arrest was hysterical nonsense on the part of the school.

Utterly ridiculous!
The boy walked into a classroom wearing a shirt, took his seat and was ready to learn. The teacher, in response to a tee-shirt that didn't violate rules set forth, caused an incident.
I imagine that when asked to remove his shirt, the boy said something like "No" or, more likely, "Why?". I am willing to bet that about now, the teacher got all "in your face", "holier than thou", authoritarian, just like you would, and stamped her feet and shouted "Reactionary"
At this point, the student very likely calmly explained that the shirt didn't violate the rules and he was guaranteed his right to express his 2nd Amendment rights by virtue of his 1st Amendment rights, further infuriating the teacher who likely babbled something irrelevant to the discussion and dismissed him as a radical right wing reactionary, perhaps tossing in either 'Bigot!", "Racist!" or "Homophobe!"

I can see why you support the teacher, instead of the Constitution here, Fake. I really can.

Unfrikking believeable.

I would guess that a Teacher and School Administrator were Liberal Gun Grabbers and still butthurt over the Gungrabber bills losing in the Senate so they took their anger out on this young man.

8th grader gun T-shirt arrest: Arrest for NRA t-shirt has a father outraged - Jacksonville Top News | Examiner.com

New details on the 8th grader gun T-shirt arrest story have came in. Jared Marcum, an eighth grade student who attends Logan Middle School in West Virginia, has been arrested because he wore an NRA T-shirt. On April 19, Yahoo! revealed that the boy was suspended and is now facing charges for wearing the shirt to school which contained an image of a gun printed on it with the words "Protect Your Right."

After getting in a dispute with a teacher at the school, Marcum was arrested. He was shocked when he was arrested and he told WBOY that he didn't think there would be an issue.

“"I never thought it would go this far because honestly I don't see a problem with this. There shouldn't be a problem with this," Marcum said.

Jared's father Allen Lardieri is outraged at his 8th grade son's gun T-shirt arrest arrest and he told the local media,

“"I don't' see how anybody would have an issue with a hunting rifle and NRA put on a t-shirt, especially when policy doesn't forbid it," Lardieri said.

According to Logan Middle School, there policy regarding dress is as follows:

The boy's father, Allen Lardieri, doesn't believe that the shirt violates the policy. He later said,

“"I will go to the ends of the earth, I will call people, I will write letters, I will do everything in the legal realm to make sure this does not happen again."

Jared Marcum was released, however the student is facing charges which include obstruction and disturbing the education process.

I wonder if the school allows those pro-gay T-Shirts?

I think It's fairly obvious that the shirt got him suspended and the dispute with the teacher got him arrested. No one gets arrested for wearing a t shirt.

from what I understand a teacher came into the cafeteria where he was having lunch and demanded he remove the t shirt he refused, words where exchanged the students started cheering him and that was the 'confrontation' and seen as a disruption to normal school activities that caused him to be taken to the principals office and then arrested.

I would hope the ACLU is all over this......:rolleyes:

Unfrikking believeable.

I would guess that a Teacher and School Administrator were Liberal Gun Grabbers and still butthurt over the Gungrabber bills losing in the Senate so they took their anger out on this young man.

I wonder if the school allows those pro-gay T-Shirts?

I think It's fairly obvious that the shirt got him suspended and the dispute with the teacher got him arrested. No one gets arrested for wearing a t shirt.

from what I understand a teacher came into the cafeteria where he was having lunch and demanded he remove the t shirt he refused, words where exchanged the students started cheering him and that was the 'confrontation' and seen as a disruption to normal school activities that caused him to be taken to the principals office and then arrested.

Any student who backtalks a teacher in the cafeteria is ipso facto disruptive. The teacher could handled it better and should be counseled on his approach and tactics.

Administratively it was handled correctly, the police did their job correctly, and now it is up to the judge.

We will have to see if the ACLU will push it.

Last edited:

The ACLU filed suit against the student this morning... :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

In all seriousness, the ACLJ might take the case. They are a pro-civil liberties group.

Any student who backtalks a teacher in the cafeteria is ipso facto disruptive. The teacher could handled it better and should be counseled on his approach and tactics.

Administratively it was handled correctly, the police did their job correctly, and now it is up to the judge.

maybe we just should have droned his ass eh Jake?

:rolleyes:

We will have to see if the ACLU will push it.

:eusa_whistle:

Trajan, you got drones on the mind. Is there a reason for that, huh?

One, the police handled it correctly.

Two, the judge will decide in the long run.

Three, I am glad to see you supporting the ACLU.

Sending your child into the State-Run Education mess, is a dangerous gamble at best. Who knows who's in there with your child?...

NJ teacher fired for urinating in classroom

A second-grade teacher has been fired for insubordination and inappropriate behavior, including urinating in his northern New Jersey classroom.

Ron Tuitt had taught in Paterson's schools since 1996.

State Education Commissioner Christopher Cerf approved removing Tuitt's tenure protection and firing him on April 18.

The state found the teacher once urinated in a classroom trash can, sometimes urinated in a plastic bottle and asked students to take his waste to the boys' bathroom and flush it, and let students sit in his motorized wheelchair.

Tuitt denied some of the charges and told the state that others were because he was ill and his principal removed some accommodations.

Cerf says any changes were not an excuse for his behavior.

Read more: NJ teacher fired for urinating in classroom - New York News | NYC Breaking News

Sweeping generalization based on one incident. Got to do your homework, Paulitician.

Forum List

Back