8th Grader arrested and suspended for wearing NRA T-Shirt to school

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Unfrikking believeable.

I would guess that a Teacher and School Administrator were Liberal Gun Grabbers and still butthurt over the Gungrabber bills losing in the Senate so they took their anger out on this young man.

8th grader gun T-shirt arrest: Arrest for NRA t-shirt has a father outraged - Jacksonville Top News | Examiner.com

New details on the 8th grader gun T-shirt arrest story have came in. Jared Marcum, an eighth grade student who attends Logan Middle School in West Virginia, has been arrested because he wore an NRA T-shirt. On April 19, Yahoo! revealed that the boy was suspended and is now facing charges for wearing the shirt to school which contained an image of a gun printed on it with the words "Protect Your Right."

After getting in a dispute with a teacher at the school, Marcum was arrested. He was shocked when he was arrested and he told WBOY that he didn't think there would be an issue.

“"I never thought it would go this far because honestly I don't see a problem with this. There shouldn't be a problem with this," Marcum said.

Jared's father Allen Lardieri is outraged at his 8th grade son's gun T-shirt arrest arrest and he told the local media,

“"I don't' see how anybody would have an issue with a hunting rifle and NRA put on a t-shirt, especially when policy doesn't forbid it," Lardieri said.

According to Logan Middle School, there policy regarding dress is as follows:

“"A student will not dress or groom in a manner that disrupts the educational process or is detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of others. A student will not dress in a manner that is distractive or indecent, to the extent that it interferes with the teaching and learning process, including wearing any apparel that displays or promotes any drug-, alcohol- or tobacco-related product that is prohibited in school buildings, on school grounds, in school-leased or owned vehicles, and at all school-affiliated functions."

The boy's father, Allen Lardieri, doesn't believe that the shirt violates the policy. He later said,

“"I will go to the ends of the earth, I will call people, I will write letters, I will do everything in the legal realm to make sure this does not happen again."

Jared Marcum was released, however the student is facing charges which include obstruction and disturbing the education process.

I wonder if the school allows those pro-gay T-Shirts?

Unfrikking believeable.

I would guess that a Teacher and School Administrator were Liberal Gun Grabbers and still butthurt over the Gungrabber bills losing in the Senate so they took their anger out on this young man.

8th grader gun T-shirt arrest: Arrest for NRA t-shirt has a father outraged - Jacksonville Top News | Examiner.com

New details on the 8th grader gun T-shirt arrest story have came in. Jared Marcum, an eighth grade student who attends Logan Middle School in West Virginia, has been arrested because he wore an NRA T-shirt. On April 19, Yahoo! revealed that the boy was suspended and is now facing charges for wearing the shirt to school which contained an image of a gun printed on it with the words "Protect Your Right."

After getting in a dispute with a teacher at the school, Marcum was arrested. He was shocked when he was arrested and he told WBOY that he didn't think there would be an issue.

“"I never thought it would go this far because honestly I don't see a problem with this. There shouldn't be a problem with this," Marcum said.

Jared's father Allen Lardieri is outraged at his 8th grade son's gun T-shirt arrest arrest and he told the local media,

“"I don't' see how anybody would have an issue with a hunting rifle and NRA put on a t-shirt, especially when policy doesn't forbid it," Lardieri said.

“"A student will not dress or groom in a manner that disrupts the educational process or is detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of others. A student will not dress in a manner that is distractive or indecent, to the extent that it interferes with the teaching and learning process, including wearing any apparel that displays or promotes any drug-, alcohol- or tobacco-related product that is prohibited in school buildings, on school grounds, in school-leased or owned vehicles, and at all school-affiliated functions."

The boy's father, Allen Lardieri, doesn't believe that the shirt violates the policy. He later said,

“"I will go to the ends of the earth, I will call people, I will write letters, I will do everything in the legal realm to make sure this does not happen again."

Jared Marcum was released, however the student is facing charges which include obstruction and disturbing the education process.

Now that's odd given that it's deep in the "Clinging to their Guns" heart o' West Virginia but then maybe the article is playing down this:

""...After getting in a dispute with a teacher at the school, Marcum was arrested. He was shocked when he was arrested and he told WBOY that he didn't think there would be an issue."""

I wonder if someone else might have described it as a "confrontation"?

Unfrikking believeable.

I think It's fairly obvious that the shirt got him suspended and the dispute with the teacher got him arrested. No one gets arrested for wearing a t shirt.

As long as he didn't hit the teacher, I have no problem with him refusing, even quite vocally, to remove his T-Shirt.

He would have been better served to go ahead and remove the shirt, then sued the school like the girl did over the Gay Marriage shirt... But I can understand him refusing to take it off also.

If a student refuses to follow a teacher's instruction, and that resistance becomes vocal, yes, call the police.

Gays aren't shooting people.

A 13-14 y/o has no business getting into a physical altercation with a teacher who had no way of knowing if he had a gun in his backpack. Remember - gun nutters have sent guns to school with their minor children.

The school was right to protect ALL students.

What is ignored here is that the NRA does advocate violence.

A shirt that says NRA on it advocates violence and doesn't belong in school but it sounds like the kid got into some sort of altercation with the teacher. A kid that age can be the size of an adult. Teacher was right, parent is wrong.

As long as he didn't hit the teacher, I have no problem with him refusing, even quite vocally, to remove his T-Shirt.

He would have been better served to go ahead and remove the shirt, then sued the school like the girl did over the Gay Marriage shirt... But I can understand him refusing to take it off also.

True, given the first amendment, we should all be able to honor the violent hate group of our choice.

A 13-14 y/o has no business getting into a physical altercation with a teacher who had no way of knowing if he had a gun in his backpack. Remember - gun nutters have sent guns to school with their minor children.

Is gun-nutter anything like gay-nutter? Of course I would hate to think about what a gay-nutter is like, oh yeah, we see the fools all the time.

What is ignored here is that the NRA does advocate violence.

A shirt that says NRA on it advocates violence and doesn't belong in school but it sounds like the kid got into some sort of altercation with the teacher. A kid that age can be the size of an adult. Teacher was right, parent is wrong.

cite

i call meadowmuffins

this has to be the most ignorant post of the week. of course homosexuals shoot people.

stop being so dumb.

If a student refuses to follow a teacher's instruction, and that resistance becomes vocal, yes, call the police.

What's the crime, asshole

Hi, my little communist bripatricia: the police were called to make sure it did not evolve into a worse crime. If the student was told to cease and desist, and the student refused, the crime of public disorder has occurred. The arrival of the police prevented the student assaulting the teacher and being beaten down as a result.

Forum List

Back