80% say it was the right decision to kill Bin Laden

Who exactly are these other 20%? I mean I know it was the right decision. I dont like that we had to do it. Because I don't like seeing anyone's life taken. but it was clearly the right decision.

Spokesman for the other 20%

"It’s increasingly clear that the operation was a planned assassination, multiply violating elementary norms of international law.

"There appears to have been no attempt to apprehend the unarmed victim, as presumably could have been done by 80 commandos facing virtually no opposition—except, they claim, from his wife, who lunged towards them.

"In societies that profess some respect for law, suspects are apprehended and brought to fair trial. I stress 'suspects.'

"In April 2002, the head of the FBI, Robert Mueller, informed the press that after the most intensive investigation in history, the FBI could say no more than that it 'believed' that the plot was hatched in Afghanistan, though implemented in the UAE and Germany.

"What they only believed in April 2002, they obviously didn’t know 8 months earlier, when Washington dismissed tentative offers by the Taliban (how serious, we do not know, because they were instantly dismissed) to extradite bin Laden if they were presented with evidence—which, as we soon learned, Washington didn’t have.

"Thus Obama was simply lying when he said, in his White House statement, that 'we quickly learned that the 9/11 attacks were carried out by al Qaeda.'”

ZCommunications | My Reaction to Osama bin Laden

Of course it was right to rid the world of that piece of shit

But I do agree... that while ones like myself can say that, and support Obama's decision to authorize the hit.... I doubt SERIOUSLY that many of the nutjob wingers on the other side would have had the same support if it were a REP president

Some are asking how we would react if Iraqi commandos whacked Bush and dumped his body in the Gulf of Mexico? After all, Osama was a suspect the FBI hadn't even charged with the crimes of 911 while Bush is the self described "decider" of crimes that "vastly exceed bin Laden's..."

Bush didn't commit any crimes.
Bush gave the orders to commit "the supreme international crime differing from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole (quoting the Nuremberg Tribunal)..."

Bush and Cheney and other Americans are war criminals.

You people are ridiculous. I would have supported the shooting in the face of OBL no matter who the president is. Most logical people would. But you're more interested in political points than logic.

good grief, STILL milking the Bin Laden..

why the hell didn't they just put 100% and be done with it...:eusa_whistle:

So now the left embraces the assassination of foreign nationals on foreign soil by Dick Cheney's death squad?

Too fucking funny.

I support the killing of the biggest public enemy since Hitler. Yes, he deserved it and I'm glad it was done. The fact you are trying to once again make this a political argument is beyond laughable, but it is you we're talking about.

You people are ridiculous. I would have supported the shooting in the face of OBL no matter who the president is. Most logical people would. But you're more interested in political points than logic.
"We have Senator Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma to thank for making Osama’s orders clear. In an interview with CNN’s Eliot Spitzer he described the photographs, thus far denied the American people but available to members of Congress.
Inhofe:

“'Three of the first 12 pictures were of Osama when he was alive. And they did this for the purpose of being able to look at those and seeing the nose, the eyes and his relationship for positive identification purposes. And that was good.

“'One of the shots went through an ear and out through the eye socket, or it went in through the eye socket and out - and then exploded. It was that kind of ordinance that it was. Now that caused the brains to be hanging out of the eye socket, so that was pretty gruesome.

“'But the revealing shots really, I thought, the pictures, were the three that were taken on the USS Vinson in the Northern Arabian Sea, and they were the ones that showed him during the cleanup period…they had taken enough blood and material off his face so it was easier to identify who it was.'”

CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Good.. glad to hear.. but I guarantee you that we have certain wingers on here, and many wingers around this country, that would not

Forum List

Back