Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Alright, what is the deal with these giant new Boeing 787s? Did they let some Jr High class design them as an extra-credit activity? Dreamliner, my ass. At this rate they'll have to rename them Sky Pinto.

It's a ridiculous bloated aircraft that was pushed into production too fast.

Last edited:
Alright, what is the deal with these giant new Boeing 787s? Did they let some Jr High class design them as an extra-credit activity? Dreamliner, my ass. At this rate they'll have to rename them Sky Pinto.

You do know all large items of technology will have these issues when first put into production, right?

Look at the development of other aircraft, like the A380 and even the venerable 737 and you will see similar issues.

What we have now is the 24 news cycle, that demands stories, thus we are more aware of things like this.

gay gerbils ram you up their own asses ..pussy.:cool:

Hell of a cockpit on this thing....

Boeing_787-8_N787BA_cockpit.jpg

gay gerbils ram you up their own asses ..pussy.:cool:

Everyone already knows you are an idiot and a coward. You don't have to try so hard to get the message out there.

Sounds like dey got his Irish up...
:tongue:
Ryanair CEO Calls Boeing 787 Problems 'Regulatory Crap'
Tuesday, 19 Mar 2013 | Despite the "unfair commentary" on the 787 Dreamliner, Boeing makes great aircraft, Ryanair CEO Michael O'Leary told CNBC on Tuesday.
The Irish airline just purchased 175 of Boeing's next generation 737 jets for $15.6 billion. But the oft-outspoken O'Leary said in a "Squawk Box" interview that he would have been just as happy with the Dreamliner if "Boeing wanted to sell me lot of 787s, cheaply." "I would have no difficulty … my passengers would have no trouble getting on [787s]," he added. "You will come back here in 12 months time and everybody will have forgotten there was a lithium battery on the 787."

As for Ryanair's decision to place that new order from U.S.-based Boeing instead of Airbus of Europe, O'Leary said, "Look at the economics of the 737, the 800 [series] has 189 seats. The [Airbus] A320 has 180 seats. And those nine extra seats when you're flying them eight times a day, 365 days a year are a compelling competitive advantage for Boeing." He also argued, "It's why Ryanair has a lower competitive cost of any other airline in Europe most of whom fly Airbus." He said the average flight time on his European routes is about 90 minutes to two hours at the cost about $40 a ticket — half the average cost of one on Southwest Airlines.

O'Leary certainly doesn't shy away from controversy, once saying he wanted to take the back bathrooms out his planes. He told CNBC that regulators won't let him, but if he was able to swap in the six extra seats he wanted, ticket costs for all his passengers would be "lower by another 5 percent." Commenting on his inquiries into creating a "standing-room only" section in the cabin like on trains and buses, O'Leary said the vision there could be that one day, there'd be so much room that passengers could fly for free with the airline making money "selling snacks and the other stuff."

Ryanair CEO on Cyprus

Forum List

Back