77% of Gaza Women Experience Violence from Palestinians since Hamas took over

Where is the verse that tells the soldiers to rape? Is that in reference to non-existent passages?

Excellent; an obtuse Christian chimed in. By all means, explain to us how "keep them alive for yourselves" refers to something besides forcing the women to become concubines. Moses was probably just ordering his soldiers to paint the girls' toenails and buy them candy, right? :lol:

How about...servants?

The Bible isn't exactly promoting great values in some cases, especially in the OT.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29, Nehemiah 13:23-27, Leviticus 20:13, Leviticus 20:9, Leviticus 20:10, Ephesians 6:5, 1 Timothy 6:1-2, 1 Timothy 2:11-15, 1 Corinthians 14:33-35 , Ephesians 5:22-24, Deuteronomy 22:15-21, Ezra 9:1-2, Deuteronomy 17:12, Luke 12:47-48, Deuteronomy 17:2-5, Chronicles 15:12-13, Colossians 3:18, Romans 1:24-32, Deuteronomy 13:1-5, 1 Peter 3:1-2 all come to mind.

By the way, the ones I bolded deal specifically with how you are suppose to treat women.

Yet a mental midget like you ignores the entire premise of the thread. Probably because again you are a mental midget!

YEA! stay on focus! Only muslims can be lampooned about domestic violence! A JEW says so!

Jewish girls

Most non-Orthodox Jews celebrate a girl's Bat Mitzvah in the same way as a boy's Bar Mitzvah. All Reform and Reconstructionist, and most[3] Conservative synagogues have egalitarian participation, in which women read from the Torah and lead services.

The majority of Orthodox Jews reject the idea that a woman can publicly read from the Torah or lead prayer services whenever there is a minyan (quorum of 10 males) available to do so. This was done because a woman reading the Torah or leading the prayer services implied that the men were illiterate and could not do so. (Massechet Megilah) However, the public celebration of a girl becoming Bat Mitzvah in other ways has made strong inroads in Modern Orthodox Judaism, and also in some elements of Haredi Judaism. In these congregations, women do not read from the Torah or lead prayer services, but occasionally they will lecture on a Jewish topic to mark their coming of age, learn a book of Tanakh, recite verses from the Book of Esther or the Book of Psalms, or prayers from the siddur. It is increasingly common in modern Orthodox circles for girls to read from the Torah in a women's tefillah.

Rabbi Moshe Feinstein, a prominent Orthodox posek, has opposed anyone attending a Bat Mitzvah and has referred to the ceremony as hevel, nonsense. The Sephardic rabbi René Samuel Sirat, who served as Chief Rabbi of France, has also opposed Bat Mitzvah.

Bar and Bat Mitzvah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:rolleyes:

The Bible isn't exactly promoting great values in some cases, especially in the OT.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29, Nehemiah 13:23-27, Leviticus 20:13, Leviticus 20:9, Leviticus 20:10, Ephesians 6:5, 1 Timothy 6:1-2, 1 Timothy 2:11-15, 1 Corinthians 14:33-35 , Ephesians 5:22-24, Deuteronomy 22:15-21, Ezra 9:1-2, Deuteronomy 17:12, Luke 12:47-48, Deuteronomy 17:2-5, Chronicles 15:12-13, Colossians 3:18, Romans 1:24-32, Deuteronomy 13:1-5, 1 Peter 3:1-2 all come to mind.

By the way, the ones I bolded deal specifically with how you are suppose to treat women.

Yet a mental midget like you ignores the entire premise of the thread. Probably because again you are a mental midget!

They are trying the best defense is a good offense tactic.

However, none of it takes away that today islamic men beat up women, and base in on Islam.

:rofl:

yea... go tell it to your subordinate nuptial partner, dude.

:thup:

that is, if you haven't already told her THE FIRST TIME.

Here you go...
Citing scripture involves providing an indication of chapter and verse. Are you unable to do this?

Also, how do you feel about your religion's position on child-rape?

I can't think of any christian or jewish leader promoting beating up women. But if you can find them feel free to post them.

This should be interesting :lol:

Oh, so you DON'T follow the specific command from your bible that tells you that your wife must revere her husband as the head of the household? I get the feeling that glossing up the patriarchal nature of Christianity is a reflex for you. Even when we both know that christian and jewish leaders do, indeed, follow and demand observation of gender roles specifically described in your revered texts.

Again, this is why it's hilarious to see you get batted around like a cat does a mouse when Sunni posts equivalent statistics showing similar stats right here in the good ole christian dominated US of A.

The man being the head of the household does not mean beating the wife, in religions other than Islam :cuckoo:

HAHA!

yea... as if no one remembers christian solutions to divorce a mere 50 years ago...

:lol:

Put 2+2 together, the reaon that so many palestinian women experience violence is because their religion promotes them being beaten up.

....is that the same logic you use when masticating American domestic Abuse? I bet it's not... even though we are ALL familiar with christian excuses for violence held valid as little as 50 years ago...

Biblical Battered Wife Syndrome: Christian Women and Domestic Violence
Biblical Battered Wife Syndrome: Christian Women and Domestic Violence | Reproductive Justice and Gender | AlterNet

Once again, please cite christian or jewish leaders promoting wife abuse, like the islamic leaders did that I posted from youtube.

I'll even help.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself..

oh what.. NOW you are not a fan of domestic abuse statistics? when YOUTUBE VIDEOS suffice?

Say, hows that KUNG FU DEMONOLOGY treating you, buddy? After all, Pat Robertson MUST be your spokeman given that he's on a video... on youtube... RIGHT?

:lol:

What does any of this have to do with Islam promoting wife beating?

Really desperate to stretch huh?

Where is the verse that tells the soldiers to rape? Is that in reference to non-existent passages?

Excellent; an obtuse Christian chimed in. By all means, explain to us how "keep them alive for yourselves" refers to something besides forcing the women to become concubines. Moses was probably just ordering his soldiers to paint the girls' toenails and buy them candy, right? :lol:

How about...servants?

Precisely, as in concubines. Are you not aware that being a young female and a servant almost always entailed concubinage? :lol:

Of course, that was only part of the Biblical atrocity perpetrated against the Midianites. We have yet to address the slaughter of all of the rest of the city's people, including male children.

well, Cmike, given that YOU seem to think that any time a muslim steps in from of a video camera he represents the sum total of muslim teaching I guess it WOULD fly right over your head how a Christian on video claiming that Kung Fu and Yoga are satanic is delicious irony to your standards of representation...

well, Cmike, given that YOU seem to think that any time a muslim steps in from of a video camera he represents the sum total of muslim teaching I guess it WOULD fly right over your head how a Christian on video claiming that Kung Fu and Yoga are satanic is delicious irony to your standards of representation

I dunno about in general, but I know it's satanic that they're remaking this movie. :lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3reZXdxc0[/ame]

YEA! stay on focus! Only muslims can be lampooned about domestic violence! A JEW says so!

Jewish girls

Most non-Orthodox Jews celebrate a girl's Bat Mitzvah in the same way as a boy's Bar Mitzvah. All Reform and Reconstructionist, and most[3] Conservative synagogues have egalitarian participation, in which women read from the Torah and lead services.

The majority of Orthodox Jews reject the idea that a woman can publicly read from the Torah or lead prayer services whenever there is a minyan (quorum of 10 males) available to do so. This was done because a woman reading the Torah or leading the prayer services implied that the men were illiterate and could not do so. (Massechet Megilah) However, the public celebration of a girl becoming Bat Mitzvah in other ways has made strong inroads in Modern Orthodox Judaism, and also in some elements of Haredi Judaism. In these congregations, women do not read from the Torah or lead prayer services, but occasionally they will lecture on a Jewish topic to mark their coming of age, learn a book of Tanakh, recite verses from the Book of Esther or the Book of Psalms, or prayers from the siddur. It is increasingly common in modern Orthodox circles for girls to read from the Torah in a women's tefillah.

Rabbi Moshe Feinstein, a prominent Orthodox posek, has opposed anyone attending a Bat Mitzvah and has referred to the ceremony as hevel, nonsense. The Sephardic rabbi René Samuel Sirat, who served as Chief Rabbi of France, has also opposed Bat Mitzvah.

Bar and Bat Mitzvah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:rolleyes:

Yeah, so?

What does reading from the Torah have to do with beating up women like the Koran advocats, according to muslim leaders?

Yeah, so?

What does reading from the Torah have to do with beating up women like the Koran advocats, according to muslim leaders?

So you don't care about that? I have a feeling if you replace Jew with Muslim and Torah with Koran, you'd be foaming at the mouth.

well, Cmike, given that YOU seem to think that any time a muslim steps in from of a video camera he represents the sum total of muslim teaching I guess it WOULD fly right over your head how a Christian on video claiming that Kung Fu and Yoga are satanic is delicious irony to your standards of representation...

I miss the smoking flying lizard avatar.

Now that we've seen that Jewish scripture and tradition seemingly approves of the rape of three year-olds, we'll move on to Islam and Christianity so "logical4u" doesn't feel left out. Let's begin with Islam:

O you who believe, it is not lawful for you to take women as inheritance without their consent. Nor should you straiten them by taking part of what you have given them, unless they are guilty of manifest indecency. And treat them kindly. Then if you hate them, it may be that you dislike a thing while Allah has placed abundant good in it. - 4:19

And covet not that by which Allah has made some of you excel others. For men is the benefit of what they earn. And for women is the benefit of what they earn. And ask Allah of His grace. Surely Allah is ever Knower of all things. - 4:32

And the believers, men and women, are friends one of another. They enjoin good and forbid evil and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Messenger. As for these, Allah will have mercy on them. Surely Allah is Mighty, Wise. Allah has promised to the believers, men and women, Gardens, wherein flow rivers, to abide therein, and goodly dwellings in Gardens of perpetual abode. And greatest of all is Allah’s goodly pleasure. That is the grand achievement. - 9:71-72

And those who accuse free women and bring not four witnesses, flog them eighty stripes and never accept their evidence, and these are the transgressors -- except those who afterwards repent and act aright; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. - 24:4-5

Surely those who accuse chaste believing women, unaware, are cursed in this world and the Hereafter, and for them is a grievous chastisement - 24:23

And of His signs is this, that He created mates for you from yourselves that you might find quiet of mind in them, and He put between you love and compassion. Surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect. - 30:21

Surely the men who submit and the women who submit, and the believing men and the believing women, and the truthful men and the truthful women, and the patient men and the patient women, and the humble men and the humble women, and the charitable men and the charitable women, and the fasting men and the fasting women, and the men who guard their chastity and the women who guard, and the men who remember Allah much and the women who remember -- Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a mighty reward. - 33:35

And those who annoy believing men and believing women undeservedly, they bear the guilt of slander and manifest sin. - 33:58

On that day thou wilt see the faithful men and the faithful women, their light gleaming before them and on their right hand. Good news for you this day! -- Gardens wherein rivers flow, to abide therein! That is the grand achievement. - 57:12

The men who give in charity and the women who give in charity and set apart for Allah a goodly portion, it will be doubled for them, and their’s is a generous reward. - 57:18

O Prophet, when believing women come to thee giving thee a pledge that they will not associate aught with Allah, and will not steal, nor commit adultery; nor kill their children, nor bring a calumny which they have forged of themselves, nor disobey thee in what is good, accept their pledge, and ask forgiveness for them from Allah. Surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. - 60:12

Those who persecute believing men and believing women, then repent not, theirs is the chastisement of hell, and theirs the chastisement of burning. - 85:10

Narrated Al-Aswad: I asked 'Aisha what did the Prophet use to do at home. She replied. "He used to keep himself busy serving his family and when it was time for the prayer, he would get up for prayer."

- Sahih Bukhari, al-Adab, no. 65​

As opposed to Christianity. Let's begin by taking a look at St. Paul's first epistle to the Corinthians:

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. - I Cor. 11:3

Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. - I Cor. 11:9

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. - I Cor. 14:34-35​

What does Islam say about the input of women and their education? Women are encouraged to participate in debate, even with the Prophet (SAWS) himself:

Allah indeed has heard the plea of her who pleads with thee about her husband and complains to Allah; and Allah hears the contentions of both of you. Surely Allah is Hearing, Seeing. - 58:1​

Concerning education:
Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ashari: The Prophet said, "He who has a slave-girl and teaches her good manners and improves her education and then frees and marries her will get a double reward; and any slave who observes Allah's right and his master's right will get a double reward."

- Sahih Bukhari, "Manumission of Slaves," no. 723​

Let's return to the New Testament.

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. - Ephesians 5:22-24

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. - Colossians 3:18

I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. - I Timothy 2:12​

Got it, blah, blah, blah, blah....... selective quotes to support your view. You do not show where in the same chapter it tells the men how they should act.
Now, will you demonstrate where women are flocking to muslim areas to be part of that 'great' society? Can you demonstrate where the typical muslim woman's life is good? Can you demonstrate where a muslim society welcomes women into the mosque with men to discuss 'the faith'?
It is obvious that women (of any faith) want to go where freedom is celebrated (that would be Christian majority nations). When flaws are pointed out for muslim communities, the leaders want to point to everyone else and declare them not perfect, while nothing is changed. When flaws are pointed out in Christian communities, the people say, that is so, how can we make it better and work towards improvement.

Do YOU want to be hung by every stupid fucking statement that a CHRISTIAN LEADER states in public, you dumb son of a bitch? Now, scramble for a double standard before I post two dozen christian leaders saying shit that you'd disavow quicker than you've chosen to think in this thread.

Go ahead.

homos and pagans CAUSED 9/11

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vtBn36livY&feature=PlayList&p=C3492C29FFAEA470&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33[/ame]

Pat Robertson - the gift that keeps on giving.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMLn5LGj9FU[/ame]

Islam is NOT a religion! Who KNEW!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPVNaz6xvVY[/ame]

"Inhaling DEMON SPIRITS..." via.. karate. :rofl:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Lg6aUZykw&feature=related[/ame]

YOGA IS EEEEVIL!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCZW0fOR8_8&feature=related[/ame]

so... tell me... Are YOU represented in YOUR faith by every batshit crazy asshole who decides to step in from of a camera? Now compare that answer to how you insist the same applies for all muslims EVERYWHERE.

No one is condemning muslims everywhere. We are questioning the acceptance of brutul, sinful subjugation enforced by muslim 'leaders'. We are wondering, publicly, why, people would tolerate 'leaders' that are against freedom and advancement. The 'leaders' seem to be all about destruction; they do not seem interested in improving how their people live, how to make those lives better, how to provide more food, medicine, education, or general care. Those defending islam cannot explain that to those of us that value freedom. We have spoken with muslims that are all about improving their lives and the future for their children. When it comes to 'their leaders' they will not condemn or even disagree with what they are doing; it seems there is too much fear. The leaders that are 'muslim' use the faith to keep their people in a state of fear. Christianity has been used to do that also, for short periods of time, the 'flock' rose up and stopped that behaviour. I guess we are wondering why, if their are so many muslims, why they don't overthrow their leadership and install a more 'just' gov?

According to Islam wife beating is necessary to preserve the family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lrX2hyRb3I&feature=related
Please cite scripture that says as much. According to Judaism, raping toddlers is A-OK. :thup:

Do you have any examples of that happening currently? Do you want to go into muslim country hospitals and check the records for women that have set themselves on fire to stop the violence being done to them in their own homes, to this day? Do you want to count the public stonings that are done against women in muslim countries over 'an accusation (a man's word)? Do you want to compare the percentage of educated women in muslim countries compared to Jewish or Christian countries?

Instead of taking criticism and using it to improve, you 'choose' to keep the status quo, and point out where everyone else 'made' (as in the past) mistakes (not trying to imply we are perfect or cannot improve). How will the muslim society ever improve if this is the mindset?

Got it, blah, blah, blah, blah....... selective quotes to support your view. You do not show where in the same chapter it tells the men how they should act.
Oh, I'm sorry. Please show us where the Bible tells men to keep quiet and ask their wives in private if they're interested in learning anything. Let's see where it's explained that men exist for women. I must have missed those passages when I last read the Bible.

Now, will you demonstrate where women are flocking to muslim areas to be part of that 'great' society? Can you demonstrate where the typical muslim woman's life is good? Can you demonstrate where a muslim society welcomes women into the mosque with men to discuss 'the faith'?
Must you resort to strawman arguments in your attempt to defend Biblical barbarism? We're discussing the tenets of different religions, not the lives of their contemporary adherents.

It is obvious that women (of any faith) want to go where freedom is celebrated (that would be Christian majority nations).
The suggestion that Western "freedom" has its roots in Christianity is as ludicrous as St. Paul's misogynistic drivel. Western societies have grown increasingly "free" as they've abandoned Christianity in favor of secularism; most "Christians" in the West today are believers in name only. I interact with them frequently -- alcohol, drugs, and sexual immorality are fine and dandy as long as they show up at church on Sundays. Preachers will quote Leviticus to lambaste homosexuals, but will overlook passages in the same book that call for death to those who eat shellfish. Christianity in the modern West, to me, seems like a joke.

When flaws are pointed out for muslim communities, the leaders want to point to everyone else and declare them not perfect, while nothing is changed. When flaws are pointed out in Christian communities, the people say, that is so, how can we make it better and work towards improvement.
Yawn. Speaking in baseless generalities does not interest me... please attempt to inject some substance into these arguments by providing examples or information that attests to their veracity.

Forum List

Back