77% of Gaza Women Experience Violence from Palestinians since Hamas took over

This is part of the reason why arab women are screwed

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouztv-tRPKM[/ame]

Here this guy quotes the Koran regarding wife beating.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3BC7KCAUw&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
The Bible isn't exactly promoting great values in some cases, especially in the OT.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29, Nehemiah 13:23-27, Leviticus 20:13, Leviticus 20:9, Leviticus 20:10, Ephesians 6:5, 1 Timothy 6:1-2, 1 Timothy 2:11-15, 1 Corinthians 14:33-35 , Ephesians 5:22-24, Deuteronomy 22:15-21, Ezra 9:1-2, Deuteronomy 17:12, Luke 12:47-48, Deuteronomy 17:2-5, Chronicles 15:12-13, Colossians 3:18, Romans 1:24-32, Deuteronomy 13:1-5, 1 Peter 3:1-2 all come to mind.

By the way, the ones I bolded deal specifically with how you are suppose to treat women.

Yet a mental midget like you ignores the entire premise of the thread. Probably because again you are a mental midget!

The Bible isn't exactly promoting great values in some cases, especially in the OT.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29, Nehemiah 13:23-27, Leviticus 20:13, Leviticus 20:9, Leviticus 20:10, Ephesians 6:5, 1 Timothy 6:1-2, 1 Timothy 2:11-15, 1 Corinthians 14:33-35 , Ephesians 5:22-24, Deuteronomy 22:15-21, Ezra 9:1-2, Deuteronomy 17:12, Luke 12:47-48, Deuteronomy 17:2-5, Chronicles 15:12-13, Colossians 3:18, Romans 1:24-32, Deuteronomy 13:1-5, 1 Peter 3:1-2 all come to mind.

By the way, the ones I bolded deal specifically with how you are suppose to treat women.

Yet a mental midget like you ignores the entire premise of the thread. Probably because again you are a mental midget!

They are trying the best defense is a good offense tactic.

However, none of it takes away that today islamic men beat up women, and base in on Islam.

Very selective in your 'testimony', some of those are referring to the spiritual leadership where women should not be allowed to 'chatter' (they should save it for home). The other ones from the NT give both sides: how the man should behave (not mentioned very often) AND how the woman should behave; both of these are for the 'godly' households.
As for the OT, we can't even begin to comprehend what it was like in those days.

While CMike is busy looking for non-existent passages of scripture, shall we take a look at some of the finer points of halakha? Yes, I believe we shall.

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. - Numbers 31:17-18 (KJV)​

The speaker was supposedly Moses, referring to the Jewish genocide of the Midianites. How old were the girls that were kept alive for the soldiers to rape, CMike? At what age does Jewish law deem girls ready for sex? Let's see how well you know your Talmud. ;)

Time's up. The answer is three years old. From the Tannaïtic Midrash Sifre:

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that has known a man by sleeping with him.(Num 31:17).

---[This] refers to her who has slept with a man as well as her who is suitable for intercourse, even when she has not slept with a man...

"...But all the young girls who have not known a man by sleeping with him, keep alive for yourselves."

From here R. Shimon b. Yohai used to say: a Proselyte girl who became a proselyte in the age of less than three years and one day, is rendered fit to marry into the priesthood.​

Another passage to make it clear that this was the age at which Jews deemed women suitable for sex (in this case, rape):

Said Rabbi Joseph, "Come and take note: A girl three years and one day old is betrothed by intercourse. And if a Levir has had intercourse with her, he has acquired her." [M.Nid. 5:4].

- Sanhedrin 7/55B​

Where is the verse that tells the soldiers to rape? Is that in reference to non-existent passages?

Excellent; an obtuse Christian chimed in. By all means, explain to us how "keep them alive for yourselves" refers to something besides forcing the women to become concubines. Moses was probably just ordering his soldiers to paint the girls' toenails and buy them candy, right? :lol:

Read closer, they mean violence from Palestinians!

I did read closer. It does not say that at all. I think you are putting your interpretation on it. If you need help, I can go over it line by line with you.

77 percent of Gazan women may be facing violence | Middle East
The vast majority of women in Gaza face violence of varying types, a new survey has found.

The study, by the Gaza-based Palestinian Women's Information and Media Center, found that violence against women in Gaza has increased since Hamas took over the Gaza Strip in the June 2007 coup and Israel subsequently imposed restrictions on the coastal enclave.

The study found that 77.1% of Gazan women have experienced violence of various sorts, with almost half experiencing violence of more than one type.

A quarter of the women said they do not feel safe in their own homes because of violence and more than a third said they were unable to fight back as they had more urgent priorities to deal with.

67% of the women surveyed said they had encountered verbal violence, 71% mental violence, 52% physical violence and more than 14% sexual violence.

"I think the levels [of violence] are higher than they were in the Gaza Strip in previous years and compared to other countries, the rates are certainly higher," Huda Hamouda, Director of the PWIC told The Media Line. "It's hard to imagine a family living in dignity when seven family members are living on less than three dollars a day."

"Many say they suffer from disrespect and deprecation," Hamouda said. "There's also domestic violence, which is committed by relatives such as the father, the brother or the husband."

the phrase, "there is ALSO domestic violence," would only be used when one is talking about violence other then domestic. Unless you're suggesting that random Palestinian men beating on random Palestinian women is the crux of this article.

Women are exposed to hardships in every sphere be it financial, social, political or lack of security, she said.

There you go. No where in the article does it say that they are differentiating occupation violence from domestic violence. No where in the article does it say that they did not include certain types of violence towards women.

It's not sex. Open your eyes before you open your mouth. :eusa_shhh:

Now that we've seen that Jewish scripture and tradition seemingly approves of the rape of three year-olds, we'll move on to Islam and Christianity so "logical4u" doesn't feel left out. Let's begin with Islam:

O you who believe, it is not lawful for you to take women as inheritance without their consent. Nor should you straiten them by taking part of what you have given them, unless they are guilty of manifest indecency. And treat them kindly. Then if you hate them, it may be that you dislike a thing while Allah has placed abundant good in it. - 4:19

And covet not that by which Allah has made some of you excel others. For men is the benefit of what they earn. And for women is the benefit of what they earn. And ask Allah of His grace. Surely Allah is ever Knower of all things. - 4:32

And the believers, men and women, are friends one of another. They enjoin good and forbid evil and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Messenger. As for these, Allah will have mercy on them. Surely Allah is Mighty, Wise. Allah has promised to the believers, men and women, Gardens, wherein flow rivers, to abide therein, and goodly dwellings in Gardens of perpetual abode. And greatest of all is Allah’s goodly pleasure. That is the grand achievement. - 9:71-72

And those who accuse free women and bring not four witnesses, flog them eighty stripes and never accept their evidence, and these are the transgressors -- except those who afterwards repent and act aright; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. - 24:4-5

Surely those who accuse chaste believing women, unaware, are cursed in this world and the Hereafter, and for them is a grievous chastisement - 24:23

And of His signs is this, that He created mates for you from yourselves that you might find quiet of mind in them, and He put between you love and compassion. Surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect. - 30:21

Surely the men who submit and the women who submit, and the believing men and the believing women, and the truthful men and the truthful women, and the patient men and the patient women, and the humble men and the humble women, and the charitable men and the charitable women, and the fasting men and the fasting women, and the men who guard their chastity and the women who guard, and the men who remember Allah much and the women who remember -- Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a mighty reward. - 33:35

And those who annoy believing men and believing women undeservedly, they bear the guilt of slander and manifest sin. - 33:58

On that day thou wilt see the faithful men and the faithful women, their light gleaming before them and on their right hand. Good news for you this day! -- Gardens wherein rivers flow, to abide therein! That is the grand achievement. - 57:12

The men who give in charity and the women who give in charity and set apart for Allah a goodly portion, it will be doubled for them, and their’s is a generous reward. - 57:18

O Prophet, when believing women come to thee giving thee a pledge that they will not associate aught with Allah, and will not steal, nor commit adultery; nor kill their children, nor bring a calumny which they have forged of themselves, nor disobey thee in what is good, accept their pledge, and ask forgiveness for them from Allah. Surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. - 60:12

Those who persecute believing men and believing women, then repent not, theirs is the chastisement of hell, and theirs the chastisement of burning. - 85:10

Narrated Al-Aswad: I asked 'Aisha what did the Prophet use to do at home. She replied. "He used to keep himself busy serving his family and when it was time for the prayer, he would get up for prayer."

- Sahih Bukhari, al-Adab, no. 65​

As opposed to Christianity. Let's begin by taking a look at St. Paul's first epistle to the Corinthians:

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. - I Cor. 11:3

Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. - I Cor. 11:9

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. - I Cor. 14:34-35​

What does Islam say about the input of women and their education? Women are encouraged to participate in debate, even with the Prophet (SAWS) himself:

Allah indeed has heard the plea of her who pleads with thee about her husband and complains to Allah; and Allah hears the contentions of both of you. Surely Allah is Hearing, Seeing. - 58:1​

Concerning education:
Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ashari: The Prophet said, "He who has a slave-girl and teaches her good manners and improves her education and then frees and marries her will get a double reward; and any slave who observes Allah's right and his master's right will get a double reward."

- Sahih Bukhari, "Manumission of Slaves," no. 723​

Let's return to the New Testament.

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. - Ephesians 5:22-24

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. - Colossians 3:18

I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. - I Timothy 2:12​

Once again, those are muslim leaders. In fact, they were on arab tv discussing this, so it seems that at least a good chunk of muslims consider them important leaders.

Do YOU want to be hung by every stupid fucking statement that a CHRISTIAN LEADER states in public, you dumb son of a bitch? Now, scramble for a double standard before I post two dozen christian leaders saying shit that you'd disavow quicker than you've chosen to think in this thread.

Go ahead.

homos and pagans CAUSED 9/11

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vtBn36livY&feature=PlayList&p=C3492C29FFAEA470&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33[/ame]

Pat Robertson - the gift that keeps on giving.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMLn5LGj9FU[/ame]

Islam is NOT a religion! Who KNEW!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPVNaz6xvVY[/ame]

"Inhaling DEMON SPIRITS..." via.. karate. :rofl:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Lg6aUZykw&feature=related[/ame]

YOGA IS EEEEVIL!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCZW0fOR8_8&feature=related[/ame]

so... tell me... Are YOU represented in YOUR faith by every batshit crazy asshole who decides to step in from of a camera? Now compare that answer to how you insist the same applies for all muslims EVERYWHERE.

According to Islam wife beating is necessary to preserve the family.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lrX2hyRb3I&feature=related[/ame]

Once again, those are muslim leaders. In fact, they were on arab tv discussing this, so it seems that at least a good chunk of muslims consider them important leaders.

Do YOU want to be hung by every stupid fucking statement that a CHRISTIAN LEADER states in public, you dumb son of a bitch? Now, scramble for a double standard before I post two dozen christian leaders saying shit that you'd disavow quicker than you've chosen to think in this thread.

I can't think of any christian or jewish leader promoting beating up women. But if you can find them feel free to post them.

This should be interesting :lol:

Oh, so you DON'T follow the specific command from your bible that tells you that your wife must revere her husband as the head of the household? I get the feeling that glossing up the patriarchal nature of Christianity is a reflex for you. Even when we both know that christian and jewish leaders do, indeed, follow and demand observation of gender roles specifically described in your revered texts.

Again, this is why it's hilarious to see you get batted around like a cat does a mouse when Sunni posts equivalent statistics showing similar stats right here in the good ole christian dominated US of A.

I challenge you to find any christian or jewish leader promoting beating wives like Islam promotes.

yea yea... but, you see.. THATS DIFFERENT. It just is. Thus sayeth the loward.

I can't think of any christian or jewish leader promoting beating up women. But if you can find them feel free to post them.

This should be interesting :lol:

Oh, so you DON'T follow the specific command from your bible that tells you that your wife must revere her husband as the head of the household? I get the feeling that glossing up the patriarchal nature of Christianity is a reflex for you. Even when we both know that christian and jewish leaders do, indeed, follow and demand observation of gender roles specifically described in your revered texts.

Again, this is why it's hilarious to see you get batted around like a cat does a mouse when Sunni posts equivalent statistics showing similar stats right here in the good ole christian dominated US of A.

The man being the head of the household does not mean beating the wife, in religions other than Islam :cuckoo:

Put 2+2 together, the reaon that so many palestinian women experience violence is because their religion promotes them being beaten up.

....is that the same logic you use when masticating American domestic Abuse? I bet it's not... even though we are ALL familiar with christian excuses for violence held valid as little as 50 years ago...

Biblical Battered Wife Syndrome: Christian Women and Domestic Violence
Biblical Battered Wife Syndrome: Christian Women and Domestic Violence | Reproductive Justice and Gender | AlterNet

Here you go...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3BC7KCAUw&feature=related[/ame]

Put 2+2 together, the reaon that so many palestinian women experience violence is because their religion promotes them being beaten up.

....is that the same logic you use when masticating American domestic Abuse? I bet it's not... even though we are ALL familiar with christian excuses for violence held valid as little as 50 years ago...

Biblical Battered Wife Syndrome: Christian Women and Domestic Violence
Biblical Battered Wife Syndrome: Christian Women and Domestic Violence | Reproductive Justice and Gender | AlterNet

Once again, please cite christian or jewish leaders promoting wife abuse, like the islamic leaders did that I posted from youtube.

I'll even help.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself..

Forum List

Back