$7100 investment in Netflix would equal ~$300,000 today

MordechaiGoodbud

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2017
About 5 or 6 years ago I thought about buying 100 shares of Netflix. The stock had been declining because they had some bad news (I forget what it was), and the price was $71 a share.

I decided not to because I almost never invest in stocks that don't pay dividends. Instead, I kept mostly to safe investments--Dow stocks, utilities, municipal bond funds, various index funds, etc. I gambled a little on gold and copper mining stocks. I manage my own investments, and my returns have approximately equaled average market gains over this time period.

As we all know, Netflix went all the way up to something like $900 a share, then had a 12 (16?) split, and it is still going up like crazy...All the way to ~250 a share.

If I would have made that investment, it would be worth $300,000 today.

I often like to get about $15,000 worth of a stock. If I would have purchased 250 shares, it would be worth ~$750,000.

I am eating my heart out.

About 5 or 6 years ago I thought about buying 100 shares of Netflix. The stock had been declining because they had some bad news (I forget what it was), and the price was $71 a share.

I decided not to because I almost never invest in stocks that don't pay dividends. Instead, I kept mostly to safe investments--Dow stocks, utilities, municipal bond funds, various index funds, etc. I gambled a little on gold and copper mining stocks. I manage my own investments, and my returns have approximately equaled average market gains over this time period.

As we all know, Netflix went all the way up to something like $900 a share, then had a 12 (16?) split, and it is still going up like crazy...All the way to ~250 a share.

I often like to get about $15,000 worth of a stock. If I would have purchased 250 shares, it would be worth ~$750,000.

I bought Home Depot in 1987 at 32 dollars a share, which has split 7 times, today those shares are valued at 204 dollars each. You either take the risk and reap the rewards, or stay a victim of liberalism and be poor...

I bought Home Depot in 1987 at 32 dollars a share, which has split 7 times, today those shares are valued at 204 dollars each. You either take the risk and reap the rewards, or stay a victim of liberalism and be poor...

How is not taking a risk= being a victim of liberalism?

Plenty of risk-takers have gone bankrupt investing in the stock market.

In fact my tax accountant is impressed with my investment strategy.

He says the vast majority of people who he does taxes for lose money on the stock market.

Another thing about being a non investor...

SHOULDA....COULDA...WOULDA....
If you bought 5000 shares of Yahoo in 1996 at 16 dollars a share and then sold those shares in 1999 at $1,000 a share, with 1 slip of 2 for 1, you would of had $7,500,000. Shoulda...Woulda...Coulda...

If you bought Chipotle in 2007 4000 shares at 50 dollars a share, and then sold them in 2012 at $700 a share, you would of had $2,800,000.

If you aren't in the stock market today, with Warren Buffet predicting DOW to 100,000 which it "Could", then you deserve to be a welfare recipient.

How is not taking a risk= being a victim of liberalism?

Plenty of risk-takers have gone bankrupt investing in the stock market.

In fact my tax accountant is impressed with my investment strategy.

He says the vast majority of people who he does taxes for lose money on the stock market.
If they are DAY TRADERS, sure, but if you play "LONG" term on your investments, just like me 1999 under Bill Clinton I lost $300,000 in my portfolio, but instead of panicking and selling, rode out the rough times so today, my HD is over 200 dollars a share.. LONG TERM IS FOR WINNERS...Liberalism is for losers...

Time to sell, the market can't stay up like it is forever. It's largely due to repressed holdback because of Obama, that wave is just about done.

Let me give you another piece of advice.. There are plenty of long term stocks out there that are pretty cheap with possible returns in the hundreds of thousands over a 20 year period.
If you invest 100 dollars a month, lets say into FORD (F) at $11 a share, in 20 years with dividends reinvested, you "COULD" have over 1 million dollars when the stock reaches 20 dollars a share. Dividends are compounded 1/4'ly and when you reinvest you buy more stocks with those, just like with HD which pay 3.56 a share, I am getting now over $200,000 in dividend income that is taxed around 5% annually. That is a dirty little secret the liberal politicians don't want you to know, as that loophole they use on their investments, while they need you to stay poor, so they can keep being voted for..

The Americas really - "zazhralis"
Soon you will collapse ...
---------------
Pray to God that Putin is the President in Russia ...
This goat will allow you to live in pea

The Americas really - "zazhralis"
Soon you will collapse ...
---------------
Pray to God that Putin is the President in Russia ...
This goat will allow you to live in pea
You Ruskies need to worry about China, who is just off your border. They don't like your kind and my kind, but since you are closer, you will be first to see their billion man army.

Forum List

Back