700 Teachers Leaving Omaha Schools

On the drag story hour stuff I KNOW it's only predictably in NY, Cali, Illin, and a few others. And it's not the majority of schools or teachers. BUT -- that's where the DEM BASE LIVES. Which makes it a VERY SERIOUS NATIONAL issue once it invades D.C. That's where the Dem LEADERSHIP works to MAKE this national policy.

On the 2nd part about not rewarding/recognizing academic excellence -- this is MORE systemic than you realize. It ISNT confine to one school or just the blue states. Because school control is VERY LOCAL. Thus -- they've battling in Madison Wisc for 12 years now to ditch honors/Advanced because "it's racist"..

Administrators at the April 5 meeting enthusiastically endorsed eliminating standalone honors classes.

“This is an anti-racist strategy. Earned honors supports our commitment to truly becoming an anti-racist institution. It allows us to set a bar of excellence for all of our students, for 100 percent of our students,” said Kaylee Jackson, executive director for curriculum. “[Standalone honors classes] are an exclusionary practice in which only some students within our high schools are receiving this rigorous instruction and capable of receiving honors credit.”

So after you add up ALL of the DEEP blue state students and the individual county school systems in the Purple and even blue states -- you're talking about maybe 40% of the students in AMERICA BEING AFFECTED by this.

Not "one school as you alleged.
Sorry! You are still exaggerating. You have no citation for your claim. What does that tell you?

I have worked in enough places to see that compensation is only one factor why companies have a high turnover rate. Just as important is the quality of management - letting employees know that they are valuable and their contributions are appreciated. I assume the same principle would apply to teachers.

If teachers knew that they would be protected and supported, aggressively if necessary, that would have to help.

Every sort of organization but public schools seems to be able to implement a policy that certain types of behavior WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Hearing these stories of bullies continually victimizing their classmates while administrators look on and wring their hands, drive me up the wall. It doesn't need to be this way.

This in spades.

I have come to the conclusion that the worst kind of leaders in any profession anywhere generally work in school buildings. To be clear, I have not always had the worst leaders. In fact I have had some exceptional ones. But just the general pool is very very poor. It's a big problem.

I have worked in enough places to see that compensation is only one factor why companies have a high turnover rate. Just as important is the quality of management - letting employees know that they are valuable and their contributions are appreciated. I assume the same principle would apply to teachers.

If teachers knew that they would be protected and supported, aggressively if necessary, that would have to help.

Every sort of organization but public schools seems to be able to implement a policy that certain types of behavior WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Hearing these stories of bullies continually victimizing their classmates while administrators look on and wring their hands, drive me up the wall. It doesn't need to be this way.

You can get better people if its SAFE to go work in the troubled schools, but advocating for REMOVING the "resource cop" from campus is not just a good start. My uncle and aunt dedicated their white lives to serving those schools. Had 3 or 5 cars stripped/vandalized, 4 or 5 trips to the ER between them. They stayed, they served.

But that was when DISCIPLINE was an allowable 'thing".. And the PRINCIPAL (which they were) backed them up 100%. AND when MOST parents would occassionally sign a report card and the kids just didn't chuck them in the street.

Sorry! You are still exaggerating. You have no citation for your claim. What does that tell you?

On the Dems WORKING HARD right now with their elected to NATIONALIZE all of this? From what I told you -- it would clear enough to a rationale INQUISTIVE person to do a little work of their own.

School boards ARE local, Even in my county that made national news for a "school board riot" -- we face the constant attempts to ditch honors/advanced placement or have sex/gender curriculum WAY to early in our schools.

If you go to NASHVILLE not far away -- their school board is already OWNED by prog radicals with these ideas. It's the way of life in the 2000s for parents and EVERY community...

You can get better people if its SAFE to go work in the troubled schools, but advocating for REMOVING the "resource cop" from campus is not just a good start. My uncle and aunt dedicated their white lives to serving those schools. Had 3 or 5 cars stripped/vandalized, 4 or 5 trips to the ER between them. They stayed, they served.

But that was when DISCIPLINE was an allowable 'thing".. And the PRINCIPAL (which they were) backed them up 100%. AND when MOST parents would occassionally sign a report card and the kids just didn't chuck them in the street.

Did you seriously mean to type that in that way?

On the Dems WORKING HARD right now with their elected to NATIONALIZE all of this? From what I told you -- it would clear enough to a rationale INQUISTIVE person to do a little work of their own.

School boards ARE local, Even in my county that made national news for a "school board riot" -- we face the constant attempts to ditch honors/advanced placement or have sex/gender curriculum WAY to early in our schools.

If you go to NASHVILLE not far away -- their school board is already OWNED by prog radicals with these ideas. It's the way of life in the 2000s for parents and EVERY community...
It is the same in Louisville here in KY. Liberals control everything, but they are one of 171 school districts in the state.

Did you seriously mean to type that in that way?

Well I certainly didn't make it HUGE and RED and UNDERLINED, but yeah. And I'm proud of them as not many successful NYC system principles want those assignments. It's as dangerous and MORE frustrating than any other post in the system.

AND LIKE I SAID -- that was in the days where discipline was still a primary tool. I can only imagine it's gotten worse since. And MORE frustrating as the "lowered expectations" crowd is in charge at those schools now.

And I survived 3 or 4 days monitoring classes in those schools as a teen. It was rough, but it was valuable and actually one of the reasons that I later volunteered for Head Start 2 summers in a row.

It is the same in Louisville here in KY. Liberals control everything, but they are one of 171 school districts in the state.

That's not to say they haven't TRIED to impose on any or many of the other 171. Because school board elections are NOT well voted and non-partisan. It's constant vigilance now or be shocked when it's too late to stop the idiocy.

You know what the real problem is? A school board really only has ONE employee. That's the Superintendent of the system who they interview and hire. THe "super" has several THOUSAND employees reaching decisions, making policy, falling for gimmicks and fads that companies hawk to them. And the oversight from a school board is ludicrous because all actions and communications come thru that ONE PERSON. It's a WEAK and nasty political structure to get ANY accountability from as parents.

It's those structural accountability weak spots that get exploited by the Prog left. Much like they've FOCUSED on the "weak spot" of electing District Attys who really CAN just refuse to prosecute crime and empty the jails and make law enforcements' lives a living hell.

I read it on the internet. Also, as most people are screwy in their thinking I have to include teachers.

Nowhere does the article suggest a bonified mental problem. It's a high stress job. WIthout a lot of recognition for the work. And in some places, there just aren't a lot of successes to boost your spirits. Especially after a pandemic for instance.

Might be more helped in the Colleges of Education with more attention to coping with stress and disappointments. I know several of daughters friends that did "teach for America" and came out jaded and disillusioned thinking there was no way to save some of the schools they got assigned to be functioning academic entities.

Why aren't the best teachers paid MORE? Dont' have to make it contingent on ABSOLUTE student outcomes. Just on year to year improvements. We all know the answer to that. But I'm "re-imagining" (to steal a Meme Team word) teachers' rewards here. LOL...

Why aren't the best teachers paid MORE? Dont' have to make it contingent on ABSOLUTE student outcomes. Just on year to year improvements. We all know the answer to that. But I'm "re-imagining" (to steal a Meme Team word) teachers' rewards here. LOL...
I'll tell you why! Teachers do not get to select their students. Let my select my students and every one would receive a full ride to Harvard. Give me classes where I am the only person in the classroom that speaks English as a primary language. With those you get what you can. You cannot make chicken salad out of chicken shit, and have to taste wonderful, can you?

Nowhere does the article suggest a bonified mental problem. It's a high stress job. WIthout a lot of recognition for the work. And in some places, there just aren't a lot of successes to boost your spirits. Especially after a pandemic for instance.

Might be more helped in the Colleges of Education with more attention to coping with stress and disappointments. I know several of daughters friends that did "teach for America" and came out jaded and disillusioned thinking there was no way to save some of the schools they got assigned to be functioning academic entities.
That begs a question. Why, in 2022, in arguably the richest, most successful country in the world, is teaching a high stress job? Regarding 'recognition', don't teachers have internal self-congratulatory/recognition award programs. In my city one is called the "Teacher of the Year" award.

Re the article. The stress being addressed is the unhealthy mental/emotional kind, not the normal stress that many experience on the job from time to time. Many jobs have periods where everyone is stressed in a mad scramble to meet deadlines etc. But it doesn't affect them in an unhealthy way mentally. What's up with the teachers in this regard?

Teachers can recover from a lot of stress during their three-month summer break. The rest of us only get two or three weeks to unwind.

Last edited:
That begs a question. Why, in 2022, in arguably the richest, most successful country in the world, is teaching a high stress job? Regarding 'recognition', don't teachers have internal self-congratulatory/recognition award programs. In my city one is called the "Teacher of the Year" award.

Re the article. The stress being addressed is the unhealthy mental/emotional kind, not the normal stress that many experience on the job from time to time. Many jobs have periods where everyone is stressed in a mad scramble to meet deadlines etc. But it doesn't affect them in an unhealthy way mentally. What's up with the teachers in this regard?

Teachers can recover from a lot of stress during their three-month summer break. The rest of us only get two or three weeks to unwind.
What 3 month summer break? Maybe that's what you got as a student, but teachers have in-service and annual training requirements that must be done in that approximately 2 months that teachers "have off"! Nothing could be further from the truth!

What 3 month summer break? Maybe that's what you got as a student, but teachers have in-service and annual training requirements that must be done in that approximately 2 months that teachers "have off"! Nothing could be further from the truth
I'm referring to my high school teachers.

In my day they had all summer off and many took part time jobs to supplement their pay. My science teacher worked for a landscaping company. My Social Studies teacher worked for the city's Water Safety Dept.

Last edited:
If you only get 3 weeks off a year then your employer is screwing you. More time off leads to higher productivity. My son has 8 weeks paid time off every year.

Forum List

Back