700 Teachers Leaving Omaha Schools

Education vs. home-grown ignorance.
I take it you mean formal education; 'schoolhousin'.

Don't forget common sense and revelation.

Teacher: "If you have to go to the bathroom, just raise your hand."
Little Johnny: "What good will that do?"

Last edited:
He doesn't teach elementary students, so he is completely clueless.

Do secondary teachers have the time to post like this during working hours on a message board? Because if so....we are getting the short end of the stick in a million ways. Still would not trade it but enlightens me as to why he says oh hey. Get out if you can't hack it.

He couldn't hack MY job. Not for three days put together

Teachers should pass on life lessons to their students. Sadly most teachers lives are such a mess that they have no good advice to offer. So it all works out for the best. ;)

"most"???

Cite your source. Do it.

Who the hell are you that you could imagine being important enough that I would give a crap what you do or do not believe? You are nowhere near worth lying to. You were just obviously looking for an opportunity to quit, and you come here to whine and justify giving up on students. That sucks.

Au contraire I love teaching

Too bad you're not an actual teacher. Or if you are, you are posting on a message board almost by the minute during working hours. No wonder you think it's a totally sustainable job.

Do secondary teachers have the time to post like this during working hours on a message board? Because if so....we are getting the short end of the stick in a million ways. Still would not trade it but enlightens me as to why he says oh hey. Get out if you can't hack it.

He couldn't hack MY job. Not for three days put together
You obviously want to quit. Just do it already and stop whining. Make way for someone who cares about students.

They're on TikTok and social media DISPLAYING their baggage. And pushing all the woke stuff that became the highest priorities of an Education Dept at University. The culture war IS FULLY engaged and infiltrated into pub schools these days. You're sitting on the sidelines with metrics from DECADES ago. WakeTfuck up..

You ever been to drag queen story hour in a PUBLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL??

PROGRAM PARTNERS​

DSH NYC does programming in partnership with the following libraries, schools, community spaces, and other venues around New York City.

Our programs are made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature.

Our programs are supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.

Preschools
Bija Project
Bright Horizons Preschool, Roosevelt Island
Camp Alamander at the Brooklyn Free School
Chickpeas Preschool
Congregation Beth Elohim Preschool
Downing Street Preschool
Greenpoint Montessori
Henry Street Settlement Preschool
Jackson Heights Early Learning Center
Katmint Preschool
Maple Street Preschool
The Wonder School, Brooklyn
Elementary Schools
Berkeley Carroll School
Brooklyn Friends School
Brooklyn Heights Montessori School
Chapin School
Dalton School
District 1 Community Education Council
Excellence Charter School
Foundry Learning School
Greene Hill School
Hunter College Elementary School
International School of Brooklyn
KIPPS Washington Heights Elementary School
Poly Prep Lower School
PS 10, Magnet School of Math, Science, and Design School
PS 11
PS 118
PS 11Q
PS 126
PS 132, The Conselyea School
PS 144
PS 146, The Brooklyn New School
PS 149
PS 150Q
PS 154, The Windsor Terrace School
PS 17Q
PS 2
PS 261
PS 295, The Studio School of Art and Culture
PS 3, The Charette School
PS 32
PS 333, Manhattan School for Children
PS 34, Franklin D. Roosevelt Elementary School
PS 362, The Neighborhood School
PS 368, Hamilton Heights School
PS 398
PS 42, Benjamin Altman School
PS 43
PS 452
PS 503
PS 56, Lewis H. Latimer School
PS 63, Star Academy
PS 83
Renaissance Charter Elementary School
Saint Ann's School
School at Columbia University, The

That is NYC. It's admittedly a mess.

However.

Do the schools in mid-Indiana look like this? Rural Georgia? Texas?

You obviously want to quit. Just do it already and stop whining. Make way for someone who cares about students.

Oh like you do? Posting every two minutes to a message board during school hours? and not just in ONE hour. Hour after hour after hour

Too bad you've been reduced to stomping your feet and lying.

This past Monday's SCHOOL HOUR posts:

8:38
8:41
11:18
11:27
11:27
11:28
11:31
11:33
11:37
11:44
11:48
11:49
12:23
2:28

Again.

If I had time to post on a message board during a teaching day I might have your attitude. But I do not.

Who the heck would want to be a teacher these days?

They Are being attacked by right wingers from every angle....

Teachers are mask forcing Nazis, teachers teach your 5 year old about explicit sex, teachers are groomers, teachers make your kids feel bad by teaching critical race theory, teachers brainwash kids....

teachers are just scummy liberals....

Well, WHAT DO YOU FRICKING EXPECT?

I guess those bitching political pawn parents need to brush up on home schooling
People who never had kids don't mind Grooming Teachers, it doesn't register

They also seem to be OK with kids from Latin America being trafficked to democrats so Illegals can pay their mules

Oh like you do? ....

Yes, I do. I am not whining and crying and telling people not to enter the profession. The students are what matter, not your comfort or need to avoid stress of any kind at any time. Just quit already. You have made it painfully clear that you want to. After you do you will come here and post over and over again about "I was forced to!" "You know why I did?" :rolleyes:

Still exaggerating I see. Many schools in liberal La-la Land are doing exactly what you claim, but that is NOT the case in about 95% of public schools across this nation. The media grabs a story about a school doing away with valedictorians and you take it, hook line and sinker, thinking it is every school!

On the drag story hour stuff I KNOW it's only predictably in NY, Cali, Illin, and a few others. And it's not the majority of schools or teachers. BUT -- that's where the DEM BASE LIVES. Which makes it a VERY SERIOUS NATIONAL issue once it invades D.C. That's where the Dem LEADERSHIP works to MAKE this national policy.

On the 2nd part about not rewarding/recognizing academic excellence -- this is MORE systemic than you realize. It ISNT confine to one school or just the blue states. Because school control is VERY LOCAL. Thus -- they've battling in Madison Wisc for 12 years now to ditch honors/Advanced because "it's racist"..

Administrators at the April 5 meeting enthusiastically endorsed eliminating standalone honors classes.

“This is an anti-racist strategy. Earned honors supports our commitment to truly becoming an anti-racist institution. It allows us to set a bar of excellence for all of our students, for 100 percent of our students,” said Kaylee Jackson, executive director for curriculum. “[Standalone honors classes] are an exclusionary practice in which only some students within our high schools are receiving this rigorous instruction and capable of receiving honors credit.”

So after you add up ALL of the DEEP blue state students and the individual county school systems in the Purple and even blue states -- you're talking about maybe 40% of the students in AMERICA BEING AFFECTED by this.

Not "one school as you alleged.

Last edited:
That is NYC. It's admittedly a mess.

However.

Do the schools in mid-Indiana look like this? Rural Georgia? Texas?

In Hillbilly Hollywood, TN -- it hasn't reached into the schools to my knowledge -- but Hillbilly Hollywood where I live has it's own DragQueenStoryHour chapter in Nashville. Same group I pulled the list of NYC schools from. These "ladies" are ITCHING to get all glammed up for those kids who cant read yet and their parents that bring them to libraries around Middle Tenn. Maybe teach them to twerk or something also..

On the drag story hour stuff I KNOW it's only predictably in NY, Cali, Illin, and a few others. And it's not the majority of schools or teachers. BUT -- that's where the DEM BASE LIVES. Which makes it a VERY SERIOUS NATIONAL issue once it invades D.C. That's where the Dem LEADERSHIP works to MAKE this national policy.

On the 2nd part about not rewarding/recognizing academic excellence -- this is MORE systemic than you realize. It ISNT confine to one school or just the blue states. Because school control is VERY LOCAL. Thus -- they've battling in Madison Wisc for 12 years now to ditch honors/Advanced because "it's racist"..

Administrators at the April 5 meeting enthusiastically endorsed eliminating standalone honors classes.

“This is an anti-racist strategy. Earned honors supports our commitment to truly becoming an anti-racist institution. It allows us to set a bar of excellence for all of our students, for 100 percent of our students,” said Kaylee Jackson, executive director for curriculum. “[Standalone honors classes] are an exclusionary practice in which only some students within our high schools are receiving this rigorous instruction and capable of receiving honors credit.”

So after you add up ALL of the DEEP blue state students and the individual county school systems in the Purple and even blue states -- you're talking about maybe 40% of the students in AMERICA BEING AFFECTED by this.

Not "one school as you alleged.

Some students excel academically. Some in so many other ways---as I have stated. We should not cut honors classes but find ways to help students find where they can excel.

I have worked in enough places to see that compensation is only one factor why companies have a high turnover rate. Just as important is the quality of management - letting employees know that they are valuable and their contributions are appreciated. I assume the same principle would apply to teachers.

If teachers knew that they would be protected and supported, aggressively if necessary, that would have to help.

Every sort of organization but public schools seems to be able to implement a policy that certain types of behavior WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Hearing these stories of bullies continually victimizing their classmates while administrators look on and wring their hands, drive me up the wall. It doesn't need to be this way.

Forum List

Back