600 lb life...just heartbreaking

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I know, some will say "they did it to themselves". It's rarely that simple and I do of course, watch and listen to people make excuses. They are trapped in their bodies. It can be paralyzing I'm sure. So many stories are heartbreaking as much as they are shocking.

When watching, all I can do is hope they take the advice and take the very big steps to improve their weight. You can sometimes just tell who is going to make it and who won't. When the excuses start early or they just don't seem motivated, you sense they are doomed to fail. It definitely requires a strong internal locus of control and determination.

I know, some will say "they did it to themselves". It's rarely that simple and I do of course, watch and listen to people make excuses. They are trapped in their bodies. It can be paralyzing I'm sure. So many stories are heartbreaking as much as they are shocking.

When watching, all I can do is hope they take the advice and take the very big steps to improve their weight. You can sometimes just tell who is going to make it and who won't. When the excuses start early or they just don't seem motivated, you sense they are doomed to fail. It definitely requires a strong internal locus of control and determination.
Tip 1.............Start eating from a salad plate. It looks real small at first. You will take less and still have seconds on a salad plate, which will equal a full plate or a little more. Thus wolfing down 2 plates quick.
Try and chew a little longer and take smaller bites. Just slight changer over time, not full force.
That could save 700 calories or more. That is 5000 calories a week. Even 350 calories is 3500 calories.

I don't weigh anywhere near that, but i'm losing weight and exercising more.

and the rest of us should be happy to pay for all the NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES of his IRRESPONSIBLE behavior?

I'll bet he can't work

so who pays for his living expenses?

and I'm POSITIVE he has TONS of medical expenses and doctor bills...

THAT WE ARE ALL PAYING FOR!

would you have as much compassion for a drug addict?

or a single mother?

or a homeless person?

is it JUST fat people you have empathy for?

what if the fat person is a LIBERAL!?

would you no longer care?

would your tune change to "why should my tax dollars be used to pay for that assholes life!"

How much does anything help once you've hit the 600+ mark?
Nothing is irreversible.
Check this out.

I honestly thought of this clip as I was making my post you quoted. I've watched it so many times. The difference is that even during this man's "giving up" period he was obviously deep down a disciplined dude. He was an Army paratrooper.

I don't weigh anywhere near that, but i'm losing weight and exercising more.

Congratulations on finally breaking below that 500 lb mark!
Funny, when I worked at the prison there was a guy who worked there that weighed at least 500 pounds, maybe a little more. One morning we were waiting on our shift change briefing and for some reason there were some old desks out in the hallway. This guy sat down on one and after about a minute it collapsed. I mean like BLAM! It hit the floor and looked like it had been crushed and he lay on top of it. He wasn't hurt and a moment later the phone rang in the captains office and I answered it. It was someone looking for someone. So I went back out in the hallway and the captain asked me who called and I said it was the warden. He wanted to let us all know that the US Geological Survey just announced that they have recorded an earthquake right here in town that measured 6.2 on the Richter scale. Everyone cracked up except the fat guy.

What I never understood about these people is how can they afford the huge amount of food they eat daily?
They can't work yet their food bill must be $200 per day. ... :cool:
I often watch My 600 pound life. I have thought the same thing. Some of those patients eat enormous meals every 20 minutes. Where do they get the money?

What I never understood about these people is how can they afford the huge amount of food they eat daily?
Me, today I had a banana, a bowl of corn and few small pieces of ham, and that will be it.

I often watch My 600 pound life. I have thought the same thing. Some of those patients eat enormous meals every 20 minutes. Where do they get the money?

Good question. I watched a program on TV about Manuel Uribe, a fellow from the city of Monterrey Mexico who topped out at 1300 lbs.

His mother and his girlfriend worked full time shifts shopping, cooking and preparing his meals for him. I guess if he didn't have the money he would have never got so big.

Forum List

Back