60 days for raping a 12-year-old

Now you know why I support concrete minimum sentences. Mind you I also support the death penalty for certain crimes...rape is at the top of the list.

gop_jeff said:
Vigilante justice would dictate this guy getting beaten with a lead pipe upon his release.

I doubt he will survive those 60 days in prison. If he had gotten a just sentence from that pin-headed, spineless, pathetic excuse for a judge, he might have gotten away with gettin the crap beaten out of him for the first few months. However, when the inmates find out he raped a 12-year old and is only getting 60 days, they'll imagine it as being their sister/daughter/etc. and kill him when the guards have their backs turned, especially with his cocky "I'll beat it in court" attitude. It's a sad day when prisoners deliver better justice than judges.

If the judge honestly thought the jury was wrong, and he may well be correct, then there ought to be other means for him to mitigate the situation.

Giving a convicted rapist a 2 month sentence is just not one of them.

Even if it was a case of 'consensual sex' (as the story states), and even if the 12 year old looked like she was, say, 15 (which is not mentioned at all, but certainly possible), this guy is still a sick POS and deserves more than 60 days.

gop_jeff said:
Even if it was a case of 'consensual sex' (as the story states), and even if the 12 year old looked like she was, say, 15 (which is not mentioned at all, but certainly possible), this guy is still a sick POS and deserves more than 60 days.
Actually, the article mentioned that he had lived near her and realized her age. No "gee, she was in a bar so I assumed she was 21!" for him!

Forum List

Back