57% of my GOP wants the Constitution dismantled and Christianity made the national religion

If you follow the OP's link to the actual poll, you'll see the

"PPP surveyed 316 Republican primary voters from February 20th to 22nd."

In what parallel universe does 57% of 316 people equal all Republicans?

Here's the actual question from the poll which is ridiculously in opposition to the establishment clause:

"Would you support or oppose establishing Christianity as the national religion?"

Notice dismantling the Constitution is not mentioned in the poll question?

This is beyond grasping at straws. More like delirium.

So you are saying that most Republicans cannot understand that if you establish a national religion, that you are dismantling the Constitution? Interesting.
99.99% of democrats cannot understand that if you restrict the right to own and carry guns you are dismantling the Constitution. Interesting.

Straw man, since you have no evidence that 99% of Democrats want to restrict the right to own and carry guns.
By George I think he's got it!
Not only that, Republicans scream liar at the most easily proven things.

This from right winger Major Garrott:

Major Garrett Obama has expanded not reduced gun rights - CBS News

They constantly make up the most ignorant shit and then say that's Obama's point of view. They are such asses. Why bother?

This stat is amazing to me. We can be any religion we want and no one dare make us afraid, yet many of my co-religionists apparently think like the Islamofascists.

57 Of Republicans Say Dismantle Constitution And Make Christianity National Religion

A misleading headline. They were not asked if they wanted to dismantle the Constitution, just whether they would oppose make Christianity our national religion. They were not even asked if they would impose that religion on others. The responses mean nothing at all.

If you create a national religion, you are imposing that religion on EVERYONE.

We are talking about the response on a poll. All that number means is that 57% of the people polled didn't really consider their answer before they gave it. It does not mean they want to trash the Constitution. Suggesting that was the intent of those people is entirely disingenuous.

So you're saying that 57% of the polled Republican Primary voters are just fucking stupid?

This stat is amazing to me. We can be any religion we want and no one dare make us afraid, yet many of my co-religionists apparently think like the Islamofascists.

57 Of Republicans Say Dismantle Constitution And Make Christianity National Religion

A misleading headline. They were not asked if they wanted to dismantle the Constitution, just whether they would oppose make Christianity our national religion. They were not even asked if they would impose that religion on others. The responses mean nothing at all.

If you create a national religion, you are imposing that religion on EVERYONE.

We are talking about the response on a poll. All that number means is that 57% of the people polled didn't really consider their answer before they gave it. It does not mean they want to trash the Constitution. Suggesting that was the intent of those people is entirely disingenuous.

So you're saying that 57% of the polled Republican Primary voters are just fucking stupid?

No.

I don't remember any bill proposed by any republican that would force any person to become Christian. I think some people get confused between the law and obamas personal authority. I think if I believed that the president is a tribal God like deity (dictator) then I would be concerned what his views are since what he thinks would be what I think. Fortunately, the authority of the law supersedes obamas personal authority over the people. I know many democrats are disappointed in that but that is how it is. Isn't freedom wonderful?

I guess it shows their general shallowness of thought. They are never going to be able to agree on what constitutes Christianity.

Forum List

Back