57% of my GOP wants the Constitution dismantled and Christianity made the national religion

The Democrats have been dismantling the Constitution for over 100 years, but you on the left have been fine with it for all this time.
That means it's OK with you, if Dems do it, but not if Repubs do it, when it comes to your own ideology.
This is a lie, which comes as no surprise given the fact you're a liar - along with most other USMB conservatives.

The Democrats have been dismantling the Constitution for over 100 years, but you on the left have been fine with it for all this time.
That means it's OK with you, if Dems do it, but not if Repubs do it, when it comes to your own ideology.
This is a lie, which comes as no surprise given the fact you're a liar - along with most other USMB conservatives.

See post 26
You are proof that some libs are impervious to facts.

The Democrats used to be the conservatives until the middle 60's when they fled the party because blacks joined. Everyone knows that. It's history within my lifetime.

The Democrats used to be the conservatives until the middle 60's when they fled the party because blacks joined. Everyone knows that. It's history within my lifetime.

Dems are still the same now.....exploiting and segregating races and minorities.

This stat is amazing to me. We can be any religion we want and no one dare make us afraid, yet many of my co-religionists apparently think like the Islamofascists.

57 Of Republicans Say Dismantle Constitution And Make Christianity National Religion

A misleading headline. They were not asked if they wanted to dismantle the Constitution, just whether they would oppose make Christianity our national religion. They were not even asked if they would impose that religion on others. The responses mean nothing at all.

If you create a national religion, you are imposing that religion on EVERYONE.

We are talking about the response on a poll. All that number means is that 57% of the people polled didn't really consider their answer before they gave it. It does not mean they want to trash the Constitution. Suggesting that was the intent of those people is entirely disingenuous.

Right, so you can read minds now. How quaint. Houdini would have loved to have met you.

No, but I can read the poll. Did you read the poll? Particularly that question. It was designed to elicit a particular response. Just because something supports what you think is right does not mean it isn't bullshit. This is pure bullshit. The number means nothing.

If you follow the OP's link to the actual poll, you'll see the

"PPP surveyed 316 Republican primary voters from February 20th to 22nd."

In what parallel universe does 57% of 316 people equal all Republicans?

Here's the actual question from the poll which is ridiculously in opposition to the establishment clause:

"Would you support or oppose establishing Christianity as the national religion?"

Notice dismantling the Constitution is not mentioned in the poll question?

This is beyond grasping at straws. More like delirium.

So you are saying that most Republicans cannot understand that if you establish a national religion, that you are dismantling the Constitution? Interesting.
99.99% of democrats cannot understand that if you restrict the right to own and carry guns you are dismantling the Constitution. Interesting.

Straw man, since you have no evidence that 99% of Democrats want to restrict the right to own and carry guns.
By George I think he's got it!

Look up how many really did leave rdean, not many, most just started calling themselves liberal.
Dems used to be Conservative, Moderate and Liberal.
Now they are all Liberal because the Libs pushed out the Cons and are now working on the Moderates.

The PPP tends to have a liberal/Democrat bias - even Nate Silver has chided them on it.

That said, I would hardly find it unbelievable that a sizable portion of conservatives want to establish Christianity as the national religion.

Not anyone I know does. These people (left/lib/dems) are so hard up after that Historic ass kicking they got from the people that put them the minority in Congress and gave it over to the Republicans.

shows how stupid they are, this kind of crap on ONE of the reasons for it. but hey, 2016 Presidential elections is looking better and better for the Republicans the more insane they go into the twilight zone
Can you please explain to us what was "historic" about the 2014 election when it pretty much followed the treads set by so many other non-Presidential election year results?

Examples?

Established the Federal Reserve Bank
Federal Taxes
The people electing our Senators instead of our States
Supreme Court ruled six of F. Roosevelt's eight major New Deal statutes Unconstitutional
New Health Care Act forcing Catholic Hospitals to go against their freedom to exercise their religion
PC Police
Forbidding the press to enter the halls of congress
Forbidding certain popular gun sales and ammo
Totally ignoring the duties listed in the constitution and growing the government into a monster so that it can't be managed.
You DO know that is actually PART of the Constitution through the Constitutionally set Amendment Process, right?

If you follow the OP's link to the actual poll, you'll see the

"PPP surveyed 316 Republican primary voters from February 20th to 22nd."

In what parallel universe does 57% of 316 people equal all Republicans?

Here's the actual question from the poll which is ridiculously in opposition to the establishment clause:

"Would you support or oppose establishing Christianity as the national religion?"

Notice dismantling the Constitution is not mentioned in the poll question?

This is beyond grasping at straws. More like delirium.

So you are saying that most Republicans cannot understand that if you establish a national religion, that you are dismantling the Constitution? Interesting.
99.99% of democrats cannot understand that if you restrict the right to own and carry guns you are dismantling the Constitution. Interesting.
Damn all those gun restrictions passed in the last 6 years....Damn them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad to see so many RWrs here deny that they want Christianity made the national religion. Makes me not so worried.

You shouldn't be... none of us want that for obvious reasons. It's nonsense spewed by a handful of crazies and left-wingers.

The source of the article and the poll are about as left wing as you can get. Going to have to call bullshit on this

Its within 2 points of a you.gov poll on the same topic in 2013. I'd say its reasonably accurate. Though in fairness, the OP's 'dismantle the constitution' claim wasn't something the polster's asked.

I suspect that many of the folks that want it as the national religion don't understand the constitutional implications. And if they did, many would change their opinion

Examples?

Federal Taxes
Supreme Court ruled six of F. Roosevelt's eight major New Deal statutes Unconstitutional
New Health Care Act forcing Catholic Hospitals to go against their freedom to exercise their religion
PC Police
Totally ignoring the duties listed in the constitution and growing the government into a monster so that it can't be managed.
You DO know that is actually PART of the Constitution through the Constitutionally set Amendment Process, right?

Yes I do.
Making Christianity a National Religion would also have to be done through the Constitutionally set Amendment Process because of the 1st Amendment.
Which means it's not going not happen.

Examples?

Federal Taxes
PC Police

Yes I do.
Making Christianity a National Religion would also have to be done through the Constitutionally set Amendment Process because of the 1st Amendment.
Which means it's not going not happen.

Oh, absolutely. Amendments can do....well, anything. Which is why they are so insanely hard to pass. A 3/4 majority of States? You can't get 4 people to agree on pizza toppings.

Dems are still the same now.....exploiting and segregating races and minorities.

Right. That's why minorities flock to the Democratic party in droves - because they WANT to be discriminated against. You people are pathetic.

The source of the article and the poll are about as left wing as you can get. Going to have to call bullshit on this

Its within 2 points of a you.gov poll on the same topic in 2013. I'd say its reasonably accurate. Though in fairness, the OP's 'dismantle the constitution' claim wasn't something the polster's asked.

I suspect that many of the folks that want it as the national religion don't understand the constitutional implications. And if they did, many would change their opinion

Exactly. The question didn't even ask if they were for a national religion. It asked if they would oppose it. It was phrased in such a way as to maximize a positive response in a given group.

This stat is amazing to me. We can be any religion we want and no one dare make us afraid, yet many of my co-religionists apparently think like the Islamofascists.

57 Of Republicans Say Dismantle Constitution And Make Christianity National Religion

A misleading headline. They were not asked if they wanted to dismantle the Constitution, just whether they would oppose make Christianity our national religion. They were not even asked if they would impose that religion on others. The responses mean nothing at all.

If you create a national religion, you are imposing that religion on EVERYONE.

We are talking about the response on a poll. All that number means is that 57% of the people polled didn't really consider their answer before they gave it. It does not mean they want to trash the Constitution. Suggesting that was the intent of those people is entirely disingenuous.

Right, so you can read minds now. How quaint. Houdini would have loved to have met you.

No, but I can read the poll. Did you read the poll? Particularly that question. It was designed to elicit a particular response. Just because something supports what you think is right does not mean it isn't bullshit. This is pure bullshit. The number means nothing.

So you can read minds. Amazing. When does the show start?

Forum List

Back