57% of my GOP wants the Constitution dismantled and Christianity made the national religion

The Democrats have been dismantling the Constitution for over 100 years, but you on the left have been fine with it for all this time.
That means it's OK with you, if Dems do it, but not if Repubs do it, when it comes to your own ideology.

Examples?

Established the Federal Reserve Bank
Federal Taxes
The people electing our Senators instead of our States
Supreme Court ruled six of F. Roosevelt's eight major New Deal statutes Unconstitutional
New Health Care Act forcing Catholic Hospitals to go against their freedom to exercise their religion
PC Police
Forbidding the press to enter the halls of congress
Forbidding certain popular gun sales and ammo
Totally ignoring the duties listed in the constitution and growing the government into a monster so that it can't be managed.
You DO know that is actually PART of the Constitution through the Constitutionally set Amendment Process, right?

Yes I do.
Making Christianity a National Religion would also have to be done through the Constitutionally set Amendment Process because of the 1st Amendment.
Which means it's not going not happen.

Oh, absolutely. Amendments can do....well, anything. Which is why they are so insanely hard to pass. A 3/4 majority of States? You can't get 4 people to agree on pizza toppings.
9000 attempts since the first 10 Amendments (Bill of Rights) and only 17 passed. Easy Peasy. Even Equal Rights for Women under the law didn't pass.

As has been pointed out 57 percent of 316 people does not equal out to most Republicans

I agree with that. What's your point? Polling has never been about asking the whole of a group, of the majority of a group. A sampling is selected. If you want to suggest that in this case the sample was not adequately a representative sample, then by all means make your argument. But to simply object to the fact that the sample itself was not a majority of the whole class is just silly and indicates ignorance and lack of education.

and the site that used the poll is very much a far left site

No doubt. Just look at the gross license they took with their headline. Extreme bias deviating from the facts seems very clear.

so I stand by my call of bullshit. It would be the same if a right wing site used a poll that said 57 percent of Democrats supported America adopting Sharia law to make peace with radical Islam I would call bullshit on that as well.

Very well. But I also stand by what I pointed out. PPP is a generally well respected polling company, known to deliver accurate results. Notice that I have not in any way suggested that they are infallible, nor have I suggested that there might not be issues with this particular polling. You call bullshit, I just think you're a little premature in drawing that conclusion based on a guilt-by-association type of reasoning. I've read the report, it appears to be generally sound, but there is room for scrutiny. For example, one thing that I noticed is that I couldn't find any indication as to the geographic spread of the selected sampling. It's easy to collect 300 participants in a small geographic region, and if that is what happened in this case it would certainly call into question whether the sampling is truly representative of Republicans or representative of localized culture. Also, if the sampling was done by standing outside churches across the 50 states, that would also give significant cause to question how representative the sampling was.

The Democrats have been dismantling the Constitution for over 100 years, but you on the left have been fine with it for all this time.
That means it's OK with you, if Dems do it, but not if Repubs do it, when it comes to your own ideology.
The Democrats used to be the conservatives until the middle 60's when they fled the party because blacks joined. Everyone knows that. It's history within my lifetime.

Dems are still the same now.....exploiting and segregating races and minorities.

Right. That's why minorities flock to the Democratic party in droves - because they WANT to be discriminated against. You people are pathetic.

All the minorities see is the free government stuff.
Some are actually waking up to see what that free stuff is really doing to them.

So, I looked through the entire site, and the provided link and no surprise there is no mention of how the 57% number was arrived at. Further, the provided link was merely a poll of how repubs would vote in the upcoming election. So, we have a progressive site lying about repubs and fakey laps it up like the progressive lap dog he is.

Apparently, you didn't read the link very far. If you bothered to scroll down to page two you would have found the information.

The Democrats used to be the conservatives until the middle 60's when they fled the party because blacks joined. Everyone knows that. It's history within my lifetime.

Dems are still the same now.....exploiting and segregating races and minorities.

Right. That's why minorities flock to the Democratic party in droves - because they WANT to be discriminated against. You people are pathetic.

All the minorities see is the free government stuff.
Some are actually waking up to see what that free stuff is really doing to them.

I see you shopped at "Bigots Are Us", today. Congratulations.

Let's test that next year when the conventions roll around. Let's see how many minorities actually show up for the Republican National Convention.

Examples?

Established the Federal Reserve Bank
Federal Taxes
The people electing our Senators instead of our States
Supreme Court ruled six of F. Roosevelt's eight major New Deal statutes Unconstitutional
New Health Care Act forcing Catholic Hospitals to go against their freedom to exercise their religion
PC Police
Forbidding the press to enter the halls of congress
Forbidding certain popular gun sales and ammo
Totally ignoring the duties listed in the constitution and growing the government into a monster so that it can't be managed.
You DO know that is actually PART of the Constitution through the Constitutionally set Amendment Process, right?

Yes I do.
Making Christianity a National Religion would also have to be done through the Constitutionally set Amendment Process because of the 1st Amendment.
Which means it's not going not happen.

Oh, absolutely. Amendments can do....well, anything. Which is why they are so insanely hard to pass. A 3/4 majority of States? You can't get 4 people to agree on pizza toppings.
9000 attempts since the first 10 Amendments (Bill of Rights) and only 17 passed. Easy Peasy. Even Equal Rights for Women under the law didn't pass.

That last one was redundant. The 14th already covered it.

As has been pointed out 57 percent of 316 people does not equal out to most Republicans

I agree with that. What's your point? Polling has never been about asking the whole of a group, of the majority of a group. A sampling is selected. If you want to suggest that in this case the sample was not adequately a representative sample, then by all means make your argument. But to simply object to the fact that the sample itself was not a majority of the whole class is just silly and indicates ignorance and lack of education.

No doubt. Just look at the gross license they took with their headline. Extreme bias deviating from the facts seems very clear.

so I stand by my call of bullshit. It would be the same if a right wing site used a poll that said 57 percent of Democrats supported America adopting Sharia law to make peace with radical Islam I would call bullshit on that as well.

Very well. But I also stand by what I pointed out. PPP is a generally well respected polling company, known to deliver accurate results. Notice that I have not in any way suggested that they are infallible, nor have I suggested that there might not be issues with this particular polling. You call bullshit, I just think you're a little premature in drawing that conclusion based on a guilt-by-association type of reasoning. I've read the report, it appears to be generally sound, but there is room for scrutiny. For example, one thing that I noticed is that I couldn't find any indication as to the geographic spread of the selected sampling. It's easy to collect 300 participants in a small geographic region, and if that is what happened in this case it would certainly call into question whether the sampling is truly representative of Republicans or representative of localized culture. Also, if the sampling was done by standing outside churches across the 50 states, that would also give significant cause to question how representative the sampling was.
The fact that the article and this thread are a distortion and misrepresentation of what Republicans think and believe is why bullshit was called you can parse it anyway you like it won't change what it is.

The fact that the article and this thread are a distortion and misrepresentation of what Republicans think and believe is why bullshit was called you can parse it anyway you like it won't change what it is.

If it is a misrepresentation, then why do we hear obsessively from you Republicunts the false claim that this nation was founded on Christianity?

The polling is good.

So all of the far right reactionary social cons don't want a national religion?

You frauds are not Republican? You won't even tell the truth about what you believe.

I don't want a national religion, and I am Republican. I have no trouble outing the fakes on the far right.

This stat is amazing to me. We can be any religion we want and no one dare make us afraid, yet many of my co-religionists apparently think like the Islamofascists.

57 Of Republicans Say Dismantle Constitution And Make Christianity National Religion
The polling organization in this case was Public Policy Polling. PPP does polls strictly on behalf of Democratic and progressive groups. They ask questions intended to make Republicans look stupid and the wording of their polls is shoddy and have built-in assumptions behind them. They are very unscientific.

This questions in this particular poll were asked only of Republicans.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_National_22415.pdf

Nowhere in the questions does it say anything about "dismantling the Constitution".

244bosw.jpg

These PPP polls are kind of like the partisan opposite of those right wing videos you see of a guy asking questions of college kids on liberal campuses.

Other ridiculous questions asked by PPP in the past:

21su2s.jpg

Notice they called God "it"?

2q9hu07.jpg

k0qznl.jpg

The polling is good.

So all of the far right reactionary social cons don't want a national religion?

You frauds are not Republican? You won't even tell the truth about what you believe.

I don't want a national religion, and I am Republican. I have no trouble outing the fakes on the far right.

That question wasn't good, and it is the response to that question which is the issue here. If I were to ask you if you would like all of your debt wiped out, you would probably say yes. That is not the same thing as saying you would sell your children into slavery in order to wipe out your debt. If the question had asked if the individual wanted to dismantle the Constitution and impose religious beliefs on everyone, the numbers would have been significantly different.

This stat is amazing to me. We can be any religion we want and no one dare make us afraid, yet many of my co-religionists apparently think like the Islamofascists.

57 Of Republicans Say Dismantle Constitution And Make Christianity National Religion
The polling organization in this case was Public Policy Polling. PPP does polls strictly on behalf of Democratic and progressive groups. They ask questions intended to make Republicans look stupid...

But then, that's not a difficult thing to achieve.

The question was great, and Republicans were chose to answer it.

We will lose the millennials almost entirely to the Dems if we keep this up.

The question was great, and Republicans were chose to answer it.

We will lose the millennials almost entirely to the Dems if we keep this up.

And all the minorities - not that you had any of them to begin with.

Then how do you explain the Democrats being a coalition party and Republicans being 90% white?

Don't try. Trying to explain that fact will make you appear to be a nitwit. And we know in this case, appearances are everything.

yep

phony poll by a very liberal group and the "republican" tosses it out as fact

it is amazing that for a republican all he does is bash republicans and praise the democrats....

Forum List

Back